hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mackie

Left by mutual consent!

Mackie

Certainly earned himself a run in the team now. Thought he was solid today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was excellent today

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed he had a good game today, he’s strong and athletic, he could do with playing the easy ball at times but that will come with experience.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Yip, he grew in confidence after the first 10mins or so. A very satisfactory performance against a difficult opponent.

@hibs.net private member
    There’s not been many (any?) squad players who have seized their chance , but Mackie did today. Will have the shirt on Tuesday I’m sure ....

Cemented place on toddy’s performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He was great.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He had a very good game today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He deserves to keep his place

Delighted for Sean played very well today

Another one who is still fairly young. Won’t be on top of his game ever week, but needs to have a run in the side to build confidence. He’s more than good enough to play left back week in week out.

Good game today and looks to have bulked up without losing any pace. Gives the manager another good option.

Blog Entries
    He came on against Dundee & looked strong, athletic & aggressive. He deserved his chance today & I'm really glad that he played well. He has previously had great assists against both of the uglies but as usual was written off by too many on here. I wish him every success,

The shirt is his to lose

Always had the strength and power but his decision making was poor last season.
    Even stronger now but his decision making has improved greatly which is down to coaching and maturity.
    Sadly it could signal the end for Lewis at the end of the season. Contract at an end and two young guys progressing well in his position.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He was tremendous.

Coaching Staff
    Solid game today, terrific engine. Just needs to sort out his positional sense as he develops but very promising, especially having been out so long. Well played Sean

He stuck to it but to me gave the ball away too often and missed the chance to win the game at the end.Looks a much better player than he was.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    What a performance from Mackie today! I know Murphy got MOTM for a goal and assist. Makes sense. But Mackie had to be next in line. Has to get a run in the team now.

Best player today for me. Frimpong has ripped us to bits the last twice we’ve played them. Mackie won that battle today.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I still think Doig is the long term answer, and I’d have moved Mackie on by now. However his performance today gave me pause for thought and he’s now got a genuine chance to make LB his if he can play like that consistently.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I still think Doig is the long term answer, and I’d have moved Mackie on by now. However his performance today gave me pause for thought and he’s now got a genuine chance to make LB his if he can play like that consistently.
    Personally think Mackie is much better than Doig and I'd be starting Mackie the next few games.

Mackie got sent off last year against the Huns then got a bad injury. Seems to be fully fit again now and I'm sure he'll show his worth.

Well done Sean.

Thought he had a decent game. Longer term Doig will be a CH. he’s 6ft 2 now and not stopped growing.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent today and worth a run in the team. Lots of attributes and looks strong and fit. I'm nowhere near as impressed with Doig as many on here at least at this stage of his development. He has bags of ability but positionally is terrible. Mackie looked a very solid and imposing LB today. Keep him in until Lewis is fit and then see how he has done

@hibs.net private member
    He and Doig are very similar but I think Mackie edges it physically... not a bad problem to have for once, 2 young LBs fighting for a start with an experienced one in the squad as well.

I think Mackie will come on leaps and bounds if he is given a run... he will look even better against the weaker teams in the league.

Good performance from Mackie, a player who actually closed down his opponent rather than let him collect the ball and pick a pass. I also don't think the left backs get too much support from Murphy, he drifts away from the players he should be picking up. Good going forward though.

Frimpongs quietest game v us which speaks volumes. Sean deserves a run in the team to prove himself and it's good we have Doig as cover/competition too.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Deserves to keep place. Doig has a good engine but looks a bit like a CB playing LB at times. Mackie looks more capable at LB in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Always had the strength and power but his decision making was poor last season.
    Even stronger now but his decision making has improved greatly which is down to coaching and maturity.
    Sadly it could signal the end for Lewis at the end of the season. Contract at an end and two young guys progressing well in his position.
    Unless you are meaning games with Dundee I don't know how you can say that.

He played just over a half against St.Mirren when he came on as a sub and for an hour before being sent off at Ibrox.

Harsh to say he was poor last season with decision making when he barely played 100 minutes