Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I honestly don't get what people's issue with Jack Ross is. IMHO, he's had 2 really bad results since he arrived - 1-3 home defeat to Hearts, and the cup semi final. The latter wasn't even a bad performance and could just have easily gone our way, however it didn't and so it's rightly called out as a bad result.

The "big games" stuff is garbage. Mcinnes gets it from Aberdeen fans for not beating Rangers and Celtic regularly but it's honestly a joke to expect anyone to be doing that, given the gulf in quality between the Glasgow teams and the rest of us.

He gets criticised for the style of play but I think on the whole we're pretty decent to watch, and we're among the top scorers in the league, so again I'm not sure the evidence points to us being dull.

His points return is fantastic, we're in a strong position in the league, and we've now stopped both Glasgow teams from winning on our own patch.

I honestly don't know what people are wanting/expecting from him, yet there definitely appears to be a section of the support who, for whatever reason, have the knives out for him.

To me, it seems mental - why would you chase a good manager? The point about Sunderland going backwards is very relevant, Ross did a good job there in crap circumstances - their club was a shambles and he got them within a baw hair of promotion.

Personally, I'm very happy that Ross is in charge, he handles himself well and is taking the club forward in difficult circumstances.

We should be right behind him.
What JR has done well since coming to Hibs is beating the teams we should regularly be beating. That in itself that's no mean feat given our record going back a long time. I agree talk of him being ousted is just plain nuts.

In addition to the last 2 games v Hearts you mention though, the 2 this season v Aberdeen have also been awful performances. Hearts and Aberdeen are clubs of similar size to us and are games which we should be competing robustly in, and at least winning as many as we lose. We've basically not turned up in any of those 4 games and for that reason the discontent from supporters is understandable.