hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I honestly don't get what people's issue with Jack Ross is. IMHO, he's had 2 really bad results since he arrived - 1-3 home defeat to Hearts, and the cup semi final. The latter wasn't even a bad performance and could just have easily gone our way, however it didn't and so it's rightly called out as a bad result.

The "big games" stuff is garbage. Mcinnes gets it from Aberdeen fans for not beating Rangers and Celtic regularly but it's honestly a joke to expect anyone to be doing that, given the gulf in quality between the Glasgow teams and the rest of us.

He gets criticised for the style of play but I think on the whole we're pretty decent to watch, and we're among the top scorers in the league, so again I'm not sure the evidence points to us being dull.

His points return is fantastic, we're in a strong position in the league, and we've now stopped both Glasgow teams from winning on our own patch.

I honestly don't know what people are wanting/expecting from him, yet there definitely appears to be a section of the support who, for whatever reason, have the knives out for him.

To me, it seems mental - why would you chase a good manager? The point about Sunderland going backwards is very relevant, Ross did a good job there in crap circumstances - their club was a shambles and he got them within a baw hair of promotion.

Personally, I'm very happy that Ross is in charge, he handles himself well and is taking the club forward in difficult circumstances.

We should be right behind him.
    What JR has done well since coming to Hibs is beating the teams we should regularly be beating. That in itself that's no mean feat given our record going back a long time. I agree talk of him being ousted is just plain nuts.

In addition to the last 2 games v Hearts you mention though, the 2 this season v Aberdeen have also been awful performances. Hearts and Aberdeen are clubs of similar size to us and are games which we should be competing robustly in, and at least winning as many as we lose. We've basically not turned up in any of those 4 games and for that reason the discontent from supporters is understandable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

I honestly don't get what people's issue with Jack Ross is. IMHO, he's had 2 really bad results since he arrived - 1-3 home defeat to Hearts, and the cup semi final. The latter wasn't even a bad performance and could just have easily gone our way, however it didn't and so it's rightly called out as a bad result.

The "big games" stuff is garbage. Mcinnes gets it from Aberdeen fans for not beating Rangers and Celtic regularly but it's honestly a joke to expect anyone to be doing that, given the gulf in quality between the Glasgow teams and the rest of us.

He gets criticised for the style of play but I think on the whole we're pretty decent to watch, and we're among the top scorers in the league, so again I'm not sure the evidence points to us being dull.

His points return is fantastic, we're in a strong position in the league, and we've now stopped both Glasgow teams from winning on our own patch.

I honestly don't know what people are wanting/expecting from him, yet there definitely appears to be a section of the support who, for whatever reason, have the knives out for him.

To me, it seems mental - why would you chase a good manager? The point about Sunderland going backwards is very relevant, Ross did a good job there in crap circumstances - their club was a shambles and he got them within a baw hair of promotion.

Personally, I'm very happy that Ross is in charge, he handles himself well and is taking the club forward in difficult circumstances.

All that particular group are doing is jumping on his disappointment at Sunderland and trying to show-horn them into a Hibs context. The reality is, other than 2 disappointments in Derbies we have been the third best in the country over his year in charge.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Agree with most of this. Two ***** results and terrible displays against Aberdeen this season have been swept under the carpet.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 23-11-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Agree with most of this. Two ***** results and terrible displays against Aberdeen this season have been swept under the carpet.
    Do you want me to stick this under the carpet while we're at it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TT7mVAQlw

Yup. We live in a world now where everyone has a voice on social media and slip ups aren't tolerated and reactions are way over the top. Dissspointments are always going to happen at a club with our budget but over the last year they have been rare. The job he did at Sundeland is starting to look very good in rediculous circumstances. I genuinely think we've got the best manager we've had in many a year. We don't need to look too far back for a reminder of what it could be like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    What JR has done well since coming to Hibs is beating the teams we should regularly be beating. That in itself that's no mean feat given our record going back a long time. I agree talk of him being ousted is just plain nuts.

In addition to the last 2 games v Hearts you mention though, the 2 this season v Aberdeen have also been awful performances. Hearts and Aberdeen are clubs of similar size to us and are games which we should be competing robustly in, and at least winning as many as we lose. We've basically not turned up in any of those 4 games and for that reason the discontent from supporters is understandable.
    Ross has lost two derbies and won 1 I think, one of them was a draw after 90 as well. He’s lost 3 and won 1 against Aberdeen. We can’t just forget all the games he wins against them. Pumped hearts at Tynie, pumped Aberdeen last season. We will lose some games to them, but overall the record won’t be far off 50/50 down the line.

Emphasis on the fact he’s been in the job one year, he needs time to stamp his authority on it, Covid has hit as well in that time, he started from near enough rock bottom and has given us a great platform. Will we be great every week? No, will we have some shockers? Yes, are we consistently better now than we’ve been in a long time? Yes. We will continually get better with Ross in charge.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Yeah that’s fair. The first game we were minus Nisbet and Gogic though, but the last game was a shocker.

His win over Aberdeen has been similarly swept under the carpet though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Gutted we didn’t win it but a point gained on Aberdeen as no danger they’ll be taking points of the old firm. Now......if we could only find a way of getting one over on Aberdeen this season could become very interesting.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Gutted we didn’t win it but a point gained on Aberdeen as no danger they’ll be taking points of the old firm. Now......if we could only find a way of getting one over on Aberdeen this season could become very interesting.
    They drew with Celtic 3 3 week or so back.

Totally agree overall he has done an excellent job has stabilised the team and bought in the main pretty well bringing in keen younger players who hopefully will develop and make the club money. We are better defensively as evidenced on Saturday for the vast majority of the game. Felt a bit sorry for him Saturday as a win there would really have helped get rid of a lot of the despondency after the Derby loss as it is some seem determined to use that as a stick to beat him with. As you say his points return is excellent and some of the football we play is very good to watch however can still be improved on. We definitely need to support him a bit more and give him and the team the benefit of the doubt and look a bit more at the bigger picture and longer term goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do you want me to stick this under the carpet while we're at it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TT7mVAQlw
    We were brilliant that day with an absolutely rampant Boyle and Scott Allan a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    We were brilliant that day with an absolutely rampant Boyle and Scott Allan a joy to watch.
    Posted this elsewhere, but Scott Allan’s absence seems to have went almost unnoticed.

Loads been said about style of play and so on, missing a player like him (arguably our best and most creative player) doesn’t help!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Posted this elsewhere, but Scott Allan’s absence seems to have went almost unnoticed.

Loads been said about style of play and so on, missing a player like him (arguably our best and most creative player) doesn’t help!
    Yep an on form Scotty would have ripped that Celtic defence apart on Saturday. A huge miss hopefully we see him back doing what he is best at.