hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearts

Hearts

do they raise there game against Hibs? I just watched Dunfermline beat them easy, my children and grandchildren don't believe me when I say we beat them routinely .whats been the difference for the last 30 years.?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely. They have been honking for the best part of the last decade yet their record for us is infuriatingly decent.

This is an interesting point that I don’t think been raised before!

Of course they do. Every game against Hibs is their cup final. Back to losing games in a piss poor championship

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No another Hearts thread

Dearie me !

Lovely start to the weekend.

Let's enjoy it for a bit before we use it as a weapon against our own team.

Coaching Staff
    We probably won’t play them again for a year or so. Are we going to have this after every game Hearts don’t win until then?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We probably won’t play them again for a year or so. Are we going to have this after every game Hearts don’t win until then?
    Hopefully playing them in the League Cup 1/4 final in less than 4 weeks time..

Quote Originally Posted by The dook View Post
    do they raise there game against Hibs? I just watched Dunfermline beat them easy, my children and grandchildren don't believe me when I say we beat them routinely .whats been the difference for the last 30 years.?
    Sadly I’m too young to remember beating them routinely, has that ever been the case? For whatever reason though, they seem to be able to be pish against all other teams but sneak the results against us? God knows why that is when, on paper, we usually have the far better team.

**** Hearts. Watching them pathetically lose in the Championship on a Friday night was very pleasing. Pathetic football club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    **** Hearts. Watching them pathetically lose in the Championship on a Friday night was very pleasing. Pathetic football club.
    Yep brilliant start to the weekend brings out the yam trolls as usual. Absolutely wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Hopefully playing them in the League Cup 1/4 final in less than 4 weeks time..
    Hopefully not, I’d rather they got pumped next week, and out the cup at the earliest opportunity every competition they play in.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Hopefully not, I’d rather they got pumped next week, and out the cup at the earliest opportunity every competition they play in.
    I agree, but think its unlikely.
    They will be in the draw, and hopefully we will to - and I'd relish the chance to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    No another Hearts thread

Dearie me !
    Valid thread highlighting how mentally we are poor. Random on form limited teams give them a game or beat them and we historically bottle it. Sad Fact

Left by mutual consent!
    Its bad enough being beating in the Championship but even worse getting beaten on the Friday Night. Long weekend for the shysters.

Yaaaasssss!!!

Up you Jambos

Especially to the ones on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I agree, but think its unlikely.
    They will be in the draw, and hopefully we will to - and I'd relish the chance to play them.
    Don’t disagree with any of that, just the ‘hopefully we play them’ bit, I hope we don’t as it would mean they’d potentially been pumped by whatever crap they’ve been drawn against.

We probably won’t play them for another couple of seasons as they fight their way back to the top flight.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I think the difference is the fact they were pressured by the pars all game. Didn’t get time on the ball.

We, as seems to be the case just now, let them get over the half way line before we got near them

Get in their faces and they can’t play

Once again I'd like to reiterate that Hearts are pathetic little football club
    Last edited by Since452; 21-11-2020 at 12:55 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    My Jambo mates are worried. A few of them felt that they would lose tonight (last night). They didn’t look like a side that will run away with the championship to me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    My Jambo mates are worried. A few of them felt that they would lose tonight (last night). They didn’t look like a side that will run away with the championship to me.
    They (Jambo's) have every right to be worried. Dunfermline looked a class above them. Naismith and Boyce looked finished imo.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Valid thread highlighting how mentally we are poor. Random on form limited teams give them a game or beat them and we historically bottle it. Sad Fact
    Difficult to disagree but try keying in Hearts in the search engine ?

We have a generic thread,

We have a thread on their horrendous tv programme

We have a thread on the semi final

We have a thread on their travails in the summer

We have a thread on Stendel

Liam Boyce

Hearts pay to beat us

Etc etc etc ...

Who the f#@k cares ?

I personally struggle to name any Hearts players

Rat Boy Naismith....Plooky Gordon ....Jamie Walker.....’...?

We need to rid ourselves of this unhealthy obsession with all things Hearts

Look at last season for example Hearts could beat Hibs maybe The Rangers and no one else

Whoopy do!

We need to concentrate - focus on us

Hearts are dugsۤt

I will not even think about them until the next time we play them in the Cup which will be sometime soon no doubt

There is also the option of ignoring this thread

Rant over
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 21-11-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Yes watched it here. Could have been 3 or 4 before they scored.

Cup semi was played in horrendous conditions and was a game of fine margins. We should have had a penalty in the last minute of normal time. If our spot kick had gone in there would be a different narrative on here.

I was scunered by the defeat and only just getting some enthusiasm back for the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by The dook View Post
    It is obvious to everybody that they do indeed raise their game against us. They only won four games last season in the spl and two were against us. Invariably they then can’t replicate the effort and performance on the next few games and so it proved last night. Dunfermline look a decent out fit but hertz should be winning that league by a distance. They won’t because they aren’t as good as they think they are. If they don’t win the league I can’t see them winning the play off day day against st Mirren. As regards the derby results they are three points like any other game. We’re winning games we last a son were drawing hence we are fourth. Hertz biggest problem is an ageing and injury prone squad . With injuries far more regular due to this strange year I can see them struggling to get out of the championship. I actually forgot the game was on but a nice wee surprise when I seen the result and watching the game later. As with most folk the game at er at 3pm is my focus.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 21-11-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Yes watched it here. Could have been 3 or 4 before they scored.

Cup semi was played in horrendous conditions and was a game of fine margins. We should have had a penalty in the last minute of normal time. If our spot kick had gone in there would be a different narrative on here.

I was scunered by the defeat and only just getting some enthusiasm back for the Hibs.
    We dominated for long spells in that game. It was very one sided at times. The conditions were definitely a bit of a leveller and we ended up making hard work of it. They got lucky but won at the end of the day, they found a way to and we didn't. Still frustrated by not winning that. They aren't very good really. Scraping past East Fife and Cowdenbeath. I watched their game against Dundee and thought Dundee were better for long spells despite the scoreline.

I didn't even know Hearts were playing last night until I read this thread.

Not that it would have made any difference as I was watching Hibs Women yesterday evening. I'll confess to giving up at half time though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

They certainly do. And unfortunately we very rarely raise ours against them.

**** the hertz

As it says **** the hertz, way too many jambo ***** on this forum now, we are all Hibs.
    **** the hertz.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    They certainly do. And unfortunately we very rarely raise ours against them.
    I keep reading this, and maybe in years gone by it may have been correct, but in recent times (arguably since relegation) that hasn't rung true. We beat them about as much as they beat us, with some draws chucked in. It’s two sides nowadays which in the main has players of a similar ability level, trading wins. We’ve won the last two at tynecastle, they’ve won the last two at ER. They scored their penalty at hampden when we missed ours. That’s not to do with their will to win, just unfortunate.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I keep reading this, and maybe in years gone by it may have been correct, but in recent times (arguably since relegation) that hasn't rung true. We beat them about as much as they beat us, with some draws chucked in. It’s two sides nowadays which in the main has players of a similar ability level, trading wins. We’ve won the last two at tynecastle, they’ve won the last two at ER. They scored their penalty at hampden when we missed ours. That’s not to do with their will to win, just unfortunate.
    Absolutely correct.

Some were stop trying to convince ourselves that they’ve got some sort of superior will to win derbies the better. Recent history doesn’t back it up at all.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net