hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rangers players breach coronavirus protocols

Jordan Jones and George Edmundson both suspended and to self isolate for 14 days.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jordan Jones and George Edmundson both suspended and to self isolate for 14 days.
    Suspension is worth nothing if they are having to self isolate anyway, unless it is without pay or for a much longer period. Players who breach these protocols need absolutely hammered with a massive fine. Putting the continuation of the game at risk.

Jordan Jones seems determined to ruin his chance at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Suspension is worth nothing if they are having to self isolate anyway, unless it is without pay or for a much longer period. Players who breach these protocols need absolutely hammered with a massive fine. Putting the continuation of the game at risk.
    Think Aberdeen fined their players who broke the rules, I’m sure Rangers will do likewise
    Seemingly they attended a house party, at which Police fined at least 10 people

Left by mutual consent!
    This will be the start of their collapse

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This will be the start of their collapse

We will overtake them at the top of the league on Boxing Day.

Looks like there may be more to this. Seemingly it was Scott Arfield's birthday party and countless Rangers players were present.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Looks like there may be more to this. Seemingly it was Scott Arfield's birthday party and countless Rangers players were present.
    Saw that was all over Twitter but would be a bit strange that only two of them have been pulled up, if the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

I would love that to be true, and all The Rangers players present told to go into isolation for 14 days, but it'll probably just be some Celtc Fans at the wind-up.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Saw that was all over Twitter but would be a bit strange that only two of them have been pulled up, if the case.
    Easy to make an example of the 2 non 1st team regulars, not a chance they would be so forthcoming and public with their approach had it been 1st team regulars eg Tavernier.

They are playing a blinder here to have everyone think they are dealing with this in a pro active way to ensure a more lenient approach is taken on them should they be guilty of future breaches.

They must have had other breaches that the club are aware of that they haven’t been so vocal about. Every club will have had situations they are aware of but maybe not made public.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Jordan Jones seems determined to ruin his chance at Ibrox.
    Yep also misses three Northern Ireland games seems very self defeating behaviour

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't suppose they'll be the last players to break the rules regarding covid

Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    I don't suppose they'll be the last players to break the rules regarding covid

Don't worry, I'm currently sifting through every available photo from Sunday's illegal rave in Newton Mearns.

I'm sure I'll be able to find some of their 1st team players in their somewhere (did I mention I have Photoshop?)

@hibs.net private member
    I see people already jumping on about forfeiting games etc? Celtic fans too, forgetting that they and Aberdeen got away with their own rule breaking earlier on.

They've correctly suspended the players. They should be fined the maximum and the same if any other players were involved. I'd assume the media will pick up on it if there's been more players involved, certainly the Celtic side of the media would be all over it.

I think Gerrard and Rangers have the bit between their teeth this season to stop 10 in a row and won't let up until it's done.
    Jones and Edmundson punishments will serve as a reminder to the rest not to break Covid restrictions.

Jones won't be tolerated given previous indiscretions and will be weeched in the next transfer window.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-11-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Anybody else heard they breached the guidance by going to Scott Arfields birthday party?

Former (The) Rangers player Florian Kamberi has tested positive for Covid.

Apparently he played at the weekend and his new club cancelled Monday's training.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Anybody else heard they breached the guidance by going to Scott Arfields birthday party?
    If they had he would be suspended as well.

Or they are keeping it quiet and have two squad player scapegoats. Which is where I would be putting my money....

I think he held a party at his house which is why he's not involved, they've gone to his house, 32 people were invited.

I think he held a party at his house which is why he's not involved, they've gone to his house, 32 people were invited.
    So does no one else in the squad like him. Can't believe it's true. Imagine the outrage that would come their way if it is revealed they've done a cover up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oops. Bet they weren't expecting this one! Here's hoping this is the start of their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Or they are keeping it quiet and have two squad player scapegoats. Which is where I would be putting my money....
    This all happened after a police raid and people have been fined.Rangers jumped in with the suspensions before the news broke.If there were other players involved it would be all over the press.

@hibs.net private member
    Surely he’d get the same treatment for hosting 32 people at his house, as guilty as the people who turned up if you ask me.

I think this is wishful thinking by Celtic fans

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I think this is wishful thinking by Celtic fans
    Neither will ever play for that club again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This all happened after a police raid and people have been fined.Rangers jumped in with the suspensions before the news broke.If there were other players involved it would be all over the press.
    It is the main stream Scottish media you’re talking about so it wouldn’t be all over the press, Sevco manage to control a lot of what is printed and what isn’t - Morelos being sold for ££MM’s being a good example and all the ***** about Craig White and the non ***** about the career crook King as well. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if there was more than those two there.

Both players receive a 7 game ban by the Scottish FA.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Aberdeen should have been similarly hammered for their players stupidity too. Instead they get games rearranged so they can still play them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Both players receive a 7 game ban by the Scottish FA.
    To me that is an appropriate punishment. Why then were the other players from Aberdeen and Celtic, who could have been punished to stop others, let off. We played without a key player against the Dons and he didn't have Covid or break protocols. The way disciplinary issues are overseen by the governing body is a complete joke and I bet if these two had been first team regulars there wouldn't have been a ban