hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Daz

Daz

Thought Darren had a great game today. Wonder if he could get back in the team v Celtic at the weekend?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said the same on the match thread, thought he looked really sharp. Strolled it, really.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Yeah!

Maybes time to take Porto out of the process for a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Yeah!

That was my thoughts too. Porto making a few bad errors recently but still a great player.

Vey solid game. He does what he's good at, their striker wasn't too keen to go for any challenges especially high balls.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Yeah!

To be honest, I’d put MacGregor in at the weekend.

Porteous has had a couple of poor games so maybe it is right that we give him time to reflect and consolidate what he’s learned.

I’ve missed seeing big Daz dominate things. Great to see 100% again from a die hard Hibby.

He should have been brought on against hearts. Nope I’m not quite ready to move on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    To be honest, I’d put MacGregor in at the weekend.

Porteous has had a couple of poor games so maybe it is right that we give him time to reflect and consolidate what he’s learned.

I’ve missed seeing big Daz dominate things. Great to see 100% again from a die hard Hibby.
    Problem being that Celtic won’t lump balls into their strikers head. That’s where McGregor dominates, it’ll be a totally different proposition to defending against one man for Dundee.

Blog Entries
    I love Darren but you have to put today's game into perspective. Dundee left Darren as the spare man at the back because they knew he wouldn't hurt them. This gave him lots of time on the ball but his out ball was usually to McGinn & most times Paul had to check to receive the ball meaning our build up was laboured. Darren competed well in the air & stepped forward well a couple of times. He's a great player to have as cover but it's a big step up from lower league opposition to playing Celtc.
    Last edited by brog; 16-11-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I love Darren but you have to put today's game into perspective. Dundee left Darren as the spare man at the back because they knew he wouldn't hurt them. This gave him lots of time on the ball but his out ball was usually to McGinn &
    most times Paul had to check to receive the ball meaning our build up was laboured. Darren competed well in the air & stepped forward well a couple of times. He's a great player to have as cover but it's a big step up from lower league opposition to playing Celtc.
    The problem is that the other option is Porto, who has recently been having a nightmare. I think it's time to drop him personally but we need everyone at the top of their game to beat Celtic and I don't think anyone in the squad is close to that at the moment. It is a pickle!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The problem is that the other option is Porto, who has recently been having a nightmare. I think it's time to drop him personally but we need everyone at the top of their game to beat Celtic and I don't think anyone in the squad is close to that at the moment. It is a pickle!
    Porteous has had 2 below average games. Talk of nightmares is laughable. 2 games is not justification to drop him, especially for McGregor who's had one good one.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Porteous has had 2 below average games. Talk of nightmares is laughable. 2 games is not justification to drop him, especially for McGregor who's had one good one.
    I'm a huge Porteous fan, but it's not only been 2 games. He's been poor since he got the Scotland call up. He gave the ball away at Parkhead for 2 of their goals, and had a meltdown 10 minutes in the Hamilton game also....

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Then again, Porto might put in a MOTM performance tomorrow in Athens for Scotland U21s and be right back on form. I’m inclined to see how that goes before making any decisions.