hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    I thought we started well and took the foot off the pedal, the subs made a difference and in the end it was a bif of a stroll. Very disappointed with Wright, I just dont think he's good enough, today was a great chance for him to show us what he could do. Murphy showed some good glimpses of what he's capable of, all in all a decent result, just need to keep up these levels all game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's this George Newell that plays for Hibs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54946725

"Jack Ross' side, who made it four wins out of four in Group B, started strongly and Mallan received George Newell's pass before unleashing a 30-yard strike that beat goalkeeper Jack Hamilton in a central location."
    😂😂😂 Son of Mike Newell, played at Motherwell, now at Southport. Not Hibs 😂
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I thought we started well and took the foot off the pedal, the subs made a difference and in the end it was a bif of a stroll. Very disappointed with Wright, I just dont think he's good enough, today was a great chance for him to show us what he could do. Murphy showed some good glimpses of what he's capable of, all in all a decent result, just need to keep up these levels all game.
    In nearly every game we become slow and ponderous at an early stage. At throw ins there was virtually no movement whatsoever. Until the substitutions the movement all over the park had almost ground to a halt. We really need to pick up the speed as happened in the last 15 minutes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    In nearly every game we become slow and ponderous at an early stage. At throw ins there was virtually no movement whatsoever. Until the substitutions the movement all over the park had almost ground to a halt. We really need to pick up the speed as happened in the last 15 minutes.
    I think our throw ins are much improved usually retain possession

Keep thinking and hoping we are going to see something from Drey Wright but he’s probably been our worst player this season which isn’t great for someone coming to a new club. Pray he has a bit of the doodle and Newells about him and it’s a slow burner

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Our lack of killer instinct in front of goal could’ve cost us yesterday as it has done a few times already this season. Thankfully the subs made a big impact and we upped the tempo after it went 1-1. Not sure it was fully Doig’s fault for the goal, Murphy should’ve been tracking back from what I saw but he certainly misjudged the header.

Still expecting a lot more from Wright, he’s just not done it for us this season at all minus the goal vs Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Our lack of killer instinct in front of goal could’ve cost us yesterday as it has done a few times already this season. Thankfully the subs made a big impact and we upped the tempo after it went 1-1. Not sure it was fully Doig’s fault for the goal, Murphy should’ve been tracking back from what I saw but he certainly misjudged the header.

Still expecting a lot more from Wright, he’s just not done it for us this season at all minus the goal vs Rangers.
    always hopeful but have we ever had a player from St Johnstone set the Heather alight for us?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I agree about Wright but you could say the exact same about Murphy. Both are coming back from long-term injury so they might take a little bit of time yet. The only difference is that Murphy looks better on the eye and it's obvious he can play football but apart from his assist last night I cant remember much contribution from him this season either.
    Last edited by Booked4Being-Ugly; 16-11-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    always hopeful but have we ever had a player from St Johnstone set the Heather alight for us?
    John O'Neil.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Full game is on at 1 on freesport channel this afternoon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    John O'Neil.
    Some shout 👍

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Folk can’t wait to jump on and criticise, mate.

Players getting slaughtered in a game we largely controlled and won 4-1.

Half the folk doing it are nowhere to be seen when we’re doing well, too.
    There's a common wee argument that crops up every now and then, and it's when someone says SOME fans are in a perverted way quite happy when we lose or a player they don't like performs badly as it allows them to post or shout vitriolic abuse at their own team or players. As you say, this type of 'fan' is never to be seem when it goes the other way.

Anyone who dares to say it generally gets met with a bit of vitriol themselves (or abused for implying they're an 'uber fan') and absolutely assured that NO Hibs fan wants the team or a player to do badly....

Think folk are kidding themselves on that there isn't a new breed of 'fan' that quite simply likes nothing more that to vent against their own club and players and blame other fans for being 'happy clappers' (not being abusive enough) and 'accepting mediocrity'.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    I agree about Wright but you could say the exact same about Murphy. Both are coming back from long-term injury so they might take a little bit of time yet. The only difference is that Murphy looks better on the eye and it's obvious he can play football but apart from his assist last night I cant remember much contribution from him this season either.
    When I was younger a new signing got at least half a season to fit in, now they are lucky to get half a game.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yep could of been a couple up, Joe Newell off the post and a few Nisbet headers, still not a perfect performance but much better than recent weeks.

Daz strolled it and I though boyle was almost back to the way we all know he can play.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Paul Wright? Maybe never set us alight but did well.

Paul Hanlon had a season loan there before getting a start for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Paul Wright? Maybe never set us alight but did well.

John O'Neil was all right.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Was only there for a month. Think it was the season after he broke through here.