hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's playing well and regularly in Seria A, a far higher standard than the Scottish Premiership, then he'd have no reason to have to play u21 first as he'd be doing it at a higher level already.
    Again, except from playing a young lad who has never played right back in his life, at right back, and expecting him to perform there. There’s a reason we ditched Tierney from right back (a far far better player than Hickey).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Again, except from playing a young lad who has never played right back in his life, at right back, and expecting him to perform there. There’s a reason we ditched Tierney from right back (a far far better player than Hickey).
    He is undoubtedly a better player than Hickey. Though I've no doubt that Hickey will improve vastly from playing at a higher level in Seria A. The other thing to consider is Hickey is not nearly as 1 footed as Tierney and seems stronger on his right side.

If Hickey plays well and consistently in Seria A this season I think it's worth a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He is undoubtedly a better player than Hickey. Though I've no doubt that Hickey will improve vastly from playing at a higher level in Seria A. The other thing to consider is Hickey is not nearly as 1 footed as Tierney and seems stronger on his right side.

If Hickey plays well and consistently in Seria A this season I think it's worth a consideration.
    Is he? Must admit I’ve never seen him play much, but apart from one duff against us which took a huge deflection, I’ve barely even seen him use his right foot in the games Ive seen. He’s a left back and predominantly left footed, he’d always be inclined to get it back onto his left foot. The side is just starting to get a bit of balance to it again, I don’t think playing a left sided player at right wing back would be a sensible thing to do.

Is he? Must admit I’ve never seen him play much, but apart from one duff against us which took a huge deflection, I’ve barely even seen him use his right foot in the games Ive seen. He’s a left back and predominantly left footed, he’d always be inclined to get it back onto his left foot. The side is just starting to get a bit of balance to it again, I don’t think playing a left sided player at right wing back would be a sensible thing to do.
    He's extremely two footed. According to the article below coaches at Hearts never knew it he was right or left footed at first. He's also played right back previously.

The most two footed player he's ever seen according to Levein. That may or may not be correct but he's clearly very comfortable with either foot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/aaron-hickey-most-two-footed-16627083.amp

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    That's just not really true.

Games I watched him for hearts he often cut back onto his right before crossing. Levein loves spouting pish but I think for once he was right about not knowing Hickey's strongest foot. He seems genuinely two-footed to me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    O’Donnell isn’t a great defender imo. Good going forward but defensively suspect. Gallagher is excellent. We have a lot of excellent CHs in Scotland now.
    About time then - it's been a weakspot at international level for zonks