Thread: Kevin Nisbet

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duh. Of course.

Apologies Billy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I’ll be devastated if, due to the pandemic, we’re not able to see Nisbet in the flesh. He’s an excellent player.

Of course I would give big Kev a chance at international level but I would be astounded if Clarke names him in the finals squad.
    It would be galling to see Shankland there if Nisbet has finished the season outscoring him by 3 or 4 to 1.

Left by mutual consent!
    Really good goal last night. Looked easy but it wasnt. Saw that type of chance get ballooned over loads of times. Looked effective all night too. Unfortunately, there would have been many suitors watching last night.

Hibs have seemingly quoted a seven figure sum should we sell him. I'm hoping it starts with 3 or 4, not 1 or 2.

Shankland won't be in the squad ahead of Nisbet unless he has an absolutely sensational end to the season.

If one of them makes the squad, and that's not guaranteed, it will be Nisbet.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Really good goal last night. Looked easy but it wasnt. Saw that type of chance get ballooned over loads of times. Looked effective all night too. Unfortunately, there would have been many suitors watching last night.

Hibs have seemingly quoted a seven figure sum should we sell him. I'm hoping it starts with 3 or 4, not 1 or 2.
    Of course we would quote a seven figure sum. I'm not sure that's even up for debate.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

And if we sell him this early we're back to where we always end up, a mid table, big club with limited ambition, been that way for many many years.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Shankland won't be in the squad ahead of Nisbet unless he has an absolutely sensational end to the season.

If one of them makes the squad, and that's not guaranteed, it will be Nisbet.
    His wonder strike tonight won’t have done him any harm.

Was up top on his own last night for most of the game and still played very well, plenty time left but a 20+ league goal season shouldn't do him any harm in a chance for a call up.

Maybe an indication will be on the next friendly or competitive match squads, which I'm not sure when that is off the top of my head.

Rangers fans are now taking to social media wanting their club to sign Kevin. Don't think they have enough cash at the moment.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Was up top on his own last night for most of the game and still played very well, plenty time left but a 20+ league goal season shouldn't do him any harm in a chance for a call up.

Maybe an indication will be on the next friendly or competitive match squads, which I'm not sure when that is off the top of my head.
    I don’t think playing up on his own suits him. Got the goal which is what matters but before that I don’t think he kept the ball very well and should have done something more with the shot he hit early.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don’t think playing up on his own suits him. Got the goal which is what matters but before that I don’t think he kept the ball very well and should have done something more with the shot he hit early.
    Definitely an instinctive finisher. The more time he gets the less likely he is to score.

More composure can be coached / comes with age though...that instinct can’t.

Thought some of his runs were excellent last night and it’s really quite exciting to think like how good a player he might become. Hopefully at Hibs for another season or two!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Definitely an instinctive finisher. The more time he gets the less likely he is to score.

Thought some of his runs were excellent last night and it’s really quite exciting to think like how good a player he might become. Hopefully at Hibs for another season or two!
    Yep, seems to keep learning through every level he’s been at. I’ve no doubt he’ll play for Scotland and score goals.

Ala Fletcher

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The run first half where he went in towards the defence then darted back out and Porteous (I think) found him was sublime. He’s obviously better in a two when he can drop in and play as a ten and essentially just roam around, but there’s no doubt he can play as a one due to his movement and his touch.

His workrate is tremendous. He just needs to try to hold onto the ball sometimes and improve his distribution. Think we have a player who can go to the top.

What has happened to Kev? Poor recently.

Has be been found out at this level or just in poor form?
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Oh but he's a £5million pound player 🤣

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Not been the same since jack stop putting Christian up top with him

Nisbet gets absolutely no service from the midfield and when he does get the ball he has to do it all himself.

He's being hung out to dry by poor service from the rest of his teammates

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmcfarlane View Post
    Nisbet gets absolutely no service from the midfield and when he does get the ball he has to do it all himself.

He's being hung out to dry by poor service from the rest of his teammates
    we dont get him involved nearly enough, he's expected to do it all himself.

Was he playing tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing tonight.

Not sure the way Ross likes to play (!!) plays to his strengths.

Doidge hasn’t been having a great season but Nisbet looks a better player playing in a pair with Doidge.

Murphy is the player I struggle to fit into a Hibs team.

Scott Allan playing behind Nisbet and Doidge. Boyle on the right. The rest, I’m not that fussed but it seems to work into a 352. 3 or 4 big Ross signings at least on the bench though.

Never kicked a ball tonight.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Our worst player tonight and that is saying something. Completely anonymous.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Not been the same since jack stop putting Christian up top with him
    Doidge is a good foil for Nisbet and is very good at defending set pieces.
    Both things that would have been useful tonight

First Team Breakthrough
    Gets away with murder cause he scored a few goals early on. Think he is a decent player but done nothing for weeks and never mentioned.

Not as good as he thinks he is. His lay-offs/passes very rarely come off and he can’t take a penalty. Focuses too much on getting a fresh haircut it seems

Playing too deep, yes he has intelligence to do that but we miss him in the box, Murphy on the left is a waste, had I half decent game since he came and that's it. We have pace from Boyle but nothing on the left unless Doig bombs forward but he leaves space behind that Hanlon cant cover as Murphy doesn't slot in.

Poor tactics half the time and average players asked to do too much.