hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Scoring a penalty doesn’t change the fact he shouldn’t be anywhere near a Scotland squad. He was absolutely abysmal last night.
    Who cares? Come on Scotland

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    3 nights booked in London hotel 17th, 18th, 19th back up the road on the 20th.
    Might not get a ticket but atmosphere will be amazing.. C'mon Scotland

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Who cares? Come on Scotland
    I’d suggest anyone that wants Scotland to do well at the Euros should care.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    Fingers crossed there’s something for you to go down for! Some decent prices on hotels in London that weekend just now.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    But he is still utter pish when not taking pens.
    I bet you're really pissed off that he scored.

O'Donnell was class last night, but can't help feeling Tavernier might be the long term solution at right back. Shame about the 'rule'.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    O'Donnell was class last night, but can't help feeling Tavernier might be the long term solution at right back. Shame about the 'rule'.
    You think a 29 yo Englishman who has shown no interest in ever playing for us, is the long term solution to RB for Scotland over a 28 yo Scotsman who has been playing brilliantly for Scotland at RB recently? Have to say thats a weird opinion
    Last edited by Oscar T Grouch; 13-11-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Will their be tickets available for the TA for the games in the Euro’s? No sure how many are made available via UEFA

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Will their be tickets available for the TA for the games in the Euro’s? No sure how many are made available via UEFA
    Would think the associations will all get an allocation. Can’t imagine it being huge though.

Given stadium size, those in the supporters club might have a better chance of a ticket for Wembley than the games at Hampden!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

https://twitter.com/JoeDonnohue/status/1327018507704340482?s=20
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

As someone who was able to watch Scotland from 74 (albeit was quite young), 78, 82, 86, 90, 92, 96 & 98 at major tournaments, followed by the decline over the last 22 years, I'm overjoyed to finally see us back at a major tournament. It's great for the younger generation to finally see us make it.

Eight qualifications in 24 years, followed by none in the next 22 years. Let's hope that this is the start of a similar runs as we had in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Coaching Staff
    Am I right in saying that we scored all our penalties in the two penalty shoot outs ? If so, 10 from 10, with that pressure, at any level, is quite superb. Don't know of any other side who has done that of the top of my head.

Considering we lost a last minute goal and were a little under the cosh in extra time, it's a magnificent achievement to lift yourself and slot pens away with such accuracy.

Hopefully this raises the profile of our domestic game and start the process of getting real current value for players. Mitrovic is a £20 million pound player and Dykes was far more effective. Tadic £12 million - Christie overshadowed him. Declan Gallagher didn't put a foot wrong.

Time we really started to get market value for our talented players.

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post

it will after all be essential travel

Big, big shot in the arm for Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Honestly the best group of lads I can remember. Those interviews were outstanding!
    Bit of pride, eh

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    And a nice wee approx £10m payment to the Scottish FA, by qualifying and hopefully getting at least one win in the group

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    You think a 29 yo Englishman who has shown no interest in ever playing for us, is the long term solution to RB for Scotland over a 28 yo Scotsman who has been playing brilliantly for Scotland at RB recently? Have to say thats a weird opinion
    Didn't realise he was 29, thought he was about 22

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Would think the associations will all get an allocation. Can’t imagine it being huge though.

Given stadium size, those in the supporters club might have a better chance of a ticket for Wembley than the games at Hampden!
    Not so sure you would assume given that England have known they will be playing at Wembley on this date that aloft of English fans will have bought tickets.

And a nice wee approx £10m payment to the Scottish FA, by qualifying and hopefully getting at least one win in the group
    Czech game being first is massive for us. It’s the most winnable game. Win that and we’d have a good chance of progression. Nick a point in one of the other two and you’d pretty much be guaranteed to get through. Portugal got through the group last time without winning a game!

Circa £100 million the SFA have lost out on since 1998. 10 major tournaments?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not so sure you would assume given that England have known they will be playing at Wembley on this date that aloft of English fans will have bought tickets.
    Yeah you’d think they have picked up the majority of the tickets in the UEFA ballot. But that won’t affect the allocation the SFA or English FA get. And that’s where the supporters club tickets will come from.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    In among the euphoria, I do hope that Steve Clarke recognises privately that those substitutions were a mistake.

Even if Christie, Dykes and McGinn were tiring, McBurnie and Patterson together up front was a massively poor call. I am all for shoring things up at the right time, but going 2 up front - particularly those two immobile huddies - put huge pressure on our defence and midfield.

McBurnie for Dykes and bringing on another defender was the correct call - the players got him out the crap and he wont get away with that again.
    Spot on. Clarke has proven himself a very good coach but those subs were beyond belief unless he knew more about the condition of those he was bringing off. It certainly wasn’t obvious from watching on TV. He’ll watch it back and I’m sure he’ll learn from it. Paterson shouldn’t be near the squad. McBurnie looks lazy, strolled around. You could of been excused for thinking he had been on the entire game. Thank god he got away with it.
    It’s been years since Scotland last got me that excited. What a boost for the country and the Scottish game. I’ve also got a new found respect for Christie. Roll on June.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    "For those wondering about tickets for Wembley, the FA have been allocated around 12,000 tickets for England fans and it's expected the SFA would get the same. As of Feb 2020 there were 19148 SSC members. 4 loyalty points and above would guarantee you a ticket based on the above" from the Tartan Army Group on Twitter. I've got 7 points so hopefully it's Wembley here I come!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    Spot on. Clarke has proven himself a very good coach but those subs were beyond belief unless he knew more about the condition of those he was bringing off. It certainly wasn’t obvious from watching on TV. He’ll watch it back and I’m sure he’ll learn from it. Paterson shouldn’t be near the squad. McBurnie looks lazy, strolled around. You could of been excused for thinking he had been on the entire game. Thank god he got away with it.
    It’s been years since Scotland last got me that excited. What a boost for the country and the Scottish game. I’ve also got a new found respect for Christie. Roll on June.
    He rolled the dice and gambled. He tried to shore things up as the game ebbed away and got unlucky, the Serbs packing the penalty area in one last effort to get back in the game managed to land the ball with about the only player in that penalty area with a couple of feet of space, about the only "mistake" made all night. It took a strong brave performance to stay in there after that and make it to penalties as the substitutions took Scotlands attacking options away in extra time especially leaving the lone striker completely isolated.

Just booked a hostel for London.

Will stay at the in laws in Lincolnshire for a couple of days on the way down, head down from there on the Friday then travel back late Saturday. No chance of a ticket but just want to be part of the atmosphere.

Fingers crossed some level of social gathering is allowed again then.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I have tickets for Czechia against Croatia at Hampden. The same freaking day.

Anyone want to swap?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    "For those wondering about tickets for Wembley, the FA have been allocated around 12,000 tickets for England fans and it's expected the SFA would get the same. As of Feb 2020 there were 19148 SSC members. 4 loyalty points and above would guarantee you a ticket based on the above" from the Tartan Army Group on Twitter. I've got 7 points so hopefully it's Wembley here I come!
    I’ve got 11 points. I’ll be happy if i can get tickets for the 2 Hampden games.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I have tickets for Czechia against Croatia at Hampden. The same freaking day.

Anyone want to swap?
    Get yourself on Dynamo Zagreb.net, you might find someone in a similar situation 😁

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I’ve got 11 points. I’ll be happy if i can get tickets for the 2 Hampden games.
    I’d imagine that will be fine. The SFA may get 7K tickets for Hampden so my 7 points might not be enough.

Just read that 14,400 tickets will be made available to the SFA for Wembley. So, by the time they look after all their pals, sponsors, players, staff etc, the figure of 12,000 mentioned earlier for Supporters Club members might not be far off.