hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a great move by Hibs for a variety of reasons. The fact we are sending players across there to learn new sporting culture and in a very progressive footballing country is to be applauded. The coaching, facilities, and 'climate' are way above anything Scottish football offers in my opinion. Requires a mindset change which many young footballers need in this country.

I'd like us to similarly explore options in the Scandic countries, particularly Sweden, Norway and Denmark. The Euro ties we have played in recent times, v Malmo and Molde has shown that they have players technically better, fitter, and stronger. With a far better overall mentality.

Really good move by the club

Which other Scandi nations did you have in mind?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

I was including Iceland, Finland, etc. but I do think we should be looking at players in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not meaning to have a go at you, but your last line is a prime example of why this place can be so infuriating.
    I’d like to think I’m a (relatively) level-headed poster on here so I’m curious as to why you think that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I’d like to think I’m a (relatively) level-headed poster on here so I’m curious as to why you think that?
    Don’t take it personally. There’s about four or five posters recently that are using absolutely any chance to rip into other posters. It doesn’t matter what you post, and it won’t be discussed or debated, just put down for the sake of it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Don’t take it personally. There’s about four or five posters recently that are using absolutely any chance to rip into other posters. It doesn’t matter what you post, and it won’t be discussed or debated, just put down for the sake of it.
    You don't need to answer for me thanks.

"I just don’t get it. Rubbish."

You don't understand, but instead of giving the benefit of doubt it's "rubbish".

Again, not aimed at you but it seems to be the default position of many.

Left by mutual consent!
    You don't need to answer for me thanks.
    Sorry, chief. Why the aggression all the time the last month?

Left by mutual consent!

You don't understand, but instead of giving the benefit of doubt it's "rubbish".

Have you given an opinion why it’s rubbish?

It’s like when you call opinions all the time without even giving any constructive argument against.

Explain why the poster saying he doesn’t understand it, and it’s rubbish is wrong and negative instead of just empty words?

If you where to write “perfect, brilliant” and someone replied belittling your comments without explanation you would feel agitated, no?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    If not already done

Ya dancer 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

It’s like when you call opinions all the time without even giving any constructive argument against.

Explain why the poster saying he doesn’t understand it, and it’s rubbish is wrong and negative instead of just empty words?

If you where to write “perfect, brilliant” and someone replied belittling your comments without explanation you would feel agitated, no?
    Are you familiar with quotation marks? Google them then you can apologise.

In what way is it rubbish? There is a level between rubbish and brilliant. Hibs aren’t claiming anything brilliant here yet some people are just negative. Look at any Player thread on here, most match threads, jack ross threads. Lots of very negative points just for the sake of being negative.

Left by mutual consent!
    Are you familiar with quotation marks? Google them then you can apologise.
    Again, why be so condescending?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    In what way is it rubbish? There is a level between rubbish and brilliant. Hibs aren’t claiming anything brilliant here yet some people are just negative. Look at any Player thread on here, most match threads, jack ross threads. Lots of very negative points just for the sake of being negative.
    What are you on about? I lead talking about other posters comments being called rubbish and I agree.

No it’s not negative for the sake of it either. It’s people giving opinions on a message board mate. Why take so much personal offence?

Again, why be so condescending?
    Two posts in a row you had a pop at me but I'm being condescending?

I never said anything was rubbish. I was quoting Bronson, but you pulled me up for it anyway.

I explained in my original post why I felt it was rubbish. They’re a club operating at a far lower level than us and we seem to gain next to nothing from swapping players to each training camp. Robbie Crawford, a guy who fell down the Scottish ladder to junior level 3 years ago joining us for training, it just makes no sense to me. That’s what I don’t get, if anyone can tell me the plus side to that I’d be delighted to listen.

What are you on about? I lead talking about other posters comments being called rubbish and I agree.

No it’s not negative for the sake of it either. It’s people giving opinions on a message board mate. Why take so much personal offence?
    I’m not personally offended in the slightest. Would be good to have a few more positive threads tho.

I explained in my original post why I felt it was rubbish. They’re a club operating at a far lower level than us and we seem to gain next to nothing from swapping players to each training camp. Robbie Crawford, a guy who fell down the Scottish ladder to junior level 3 years ago joining us for training, it just makes no sense to me. That’s what I don’t get, if anyone can tell me the plus side to that I’d be delighted to listen.
    So there is one bit your don't understand and that taints the whole link up and the very clear positive reasons in the original story as rubbish?

Plenty of potential positives could come from this and it's good to see Hibs trying new ideas to broaden horizons and make connections.

A 6ft 4 centre half with a good last season under his belt sounds an interesting prospect?

Terrible team name 😂

The benefits of the partnership were detailed in Hibs' statement. For anyone who can't imagine the benefits and has formed an opinion without reading the statment, you can check it out here: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...leston-battery

Left by mutual consent!
    Two posts in a row you had a pop at me but I'm being condescending?

I never said anything was rubbish. I was quoting Bronson, but you pulled me up for it anyway.
    Check your replies. No need mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I’m not personally offended in the slightest. Would be good to have a few more positive threads tho.
    Why not just tell the truth instead of being a cheerleader? Makes no sense.

Check your replies. No need mate.
    No need for what? Away and pester someone else - I've no idea what you're on about.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    No need for what? Away and pester someone else - I've no idea what you're on about.
    He made an arse of it but is too thick to see it mate.
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Oh hell yes - if Hibs are in the US I'll be there, Mrs Hobo too probably. Fat guy in a Hibs jersey ought to wreck any goodwill between the teams mind you.....
    Imagine all us Hibs fans rolling into Charleston boozer...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    So there is one bit your don't understand and that taints the whole link up and the very clear positive reasons in the original story as rubbish?

Plenty of potential positives could come from this and it's good to see Hibs trying new ideas to broaden horizons and make connections.

A 6ft 4 centre half with a good last season under his belt sounds an interesting prospect?
    The player development angle is the main focus of the hibs statement hence why I’m mainly talking about that.

They also mention scouting networks and sharing best practices, which sounds great for Charleston Battery but what can we honestly learn from them? I don’t mean that to sound arrogant, but when they operate at a far lower standard I find it difficult to get excited about things we can learn from them.

If anyone is in doubt that the operate at a far lower standard, again just look at where Robbie Crawford’s career path took him before he crossed the pond - junior level.

If this was an MLS side I would get it.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Unusually, I think it's a good thing that this thread is so polarised. Without both positives and negatives we'll never have a successful Battery link-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Unusually, I think it's a good thing that this thread is so polarised. Without both positives and negatives we'll never have a successful Battery link-up.
    Hopefully we can give it a right good jump start

Robbie Crawford played three games for East Kilbride so there's nothing good that can come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post
    Robbie Crawford played three games for East Kilbride so there's nothing good that can come from this.
    I don't see the point of diluting the squad with sub standard players. Seems strange