hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CA Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s not hard work at all. Supporting the club isn’t just accepting every decision is for the best and making every situation a positive while slagging off others thinking your some kind of better supporter Andy.

Does the US scene have a Scottish cup style tournament? Be interesting to follow them if so.
    Yes..The US Open Cup

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CA Hibby View Post
    Yes..The US Open Cup
    Excellent. When does it begin? Will love to see them charge towards the later rounds.

Excellent. When does it begin? Will love to see them charge towards the later rounds.
    Our boys made the final in 2008.

Anybody mentioned this guy yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Our boys made the final in 2008.
    Good to know. Any idea when it starts again?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Did you bother reading it?

Clearly the ‘Crawford announcement’ is that he’s one of the players we are letting them send to train with us as part of the arrangement. There’s no suggestion it is in any way a trial.
    I think Crawford coming over is to help the other lad, Leland archer won the clubs best defender award and was also in the leagues team of the year he comes over for the club to have a look at with a guy he knows and that guys knows the city/country be a decent benefit for him early on.

Coaching Staff
    I think it's a great move by Hibs for a variety of reasons. The fact we are sending players across there to learn new sporting culture and in a very progressive footballing country is to be applauded. The coaching, facilities, and 'climate' are way above anything Scottish football offers in my opinion. Requires a mindset change which many young footballers need in this country.

I'd like us to similarly explore options in the Scandic countries, particularly Sweden, Norway and Denmark. The Euro ties we have played in recent times, v Malmo and Molde has shown that they have players technically better, fitter, and stronger. With a far better overall mentality.

Really good move by the club

Let’s hope it energises us.
    Will depend on how good a connection there is. We'll know as soon as he either signs or goes ohm.......

Like many I'm a wee bit underwhelmed. For a club who have been on the go for such a long period in US terms they clearly have not enthused the locals in a metropolitan area of over 800,000 people if the size of their stadium is anything to go by, it looks like a slightly upmarket version of ICT's gaff, with their highest attendance in 2019 being less than 4,000. They don't have a major sports team within the state to compete with either.

I'm sure there are many benefits to our link up with them, but clearly lessons on how to grow our fanbase isn't going to be one of them

I have to say I’m really struggling to understand the benefits of this one. They’re clearly miles below the level we play at, sending our players there to train could hamper their development and equally taking nobodies like robbie crawford on to train with us is a waste of time and resources.

I just don’t get it. Rubbish.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    It’s not hard work at all. Supporting the club isn’t just accepting every decision is for the best and making every situation a positive while slagging off others thinking your some kind of better supporter Andy.

Does the US scene have a Scottish cup style tournament? Be interesting to follow them if so.
    He’s on a roll 90+2.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I have to say I’m really struggling to understand the benefits of this one. They’re clearly miles below the level we play at, sending our players there to train could hamper their development and equally taking nobodies like robbie crawford on to train with us is a waste of time and resources.

Have to say I agree with this. When Ron released that video saying that we were looking to link up with a club in the US it sounded quite exciting and the benefits of linking up with a decent side over there would be significant.

I really can't see any benefits to us whatsoever to linking up with a club at that level though. This sounds like a total waste of time to me.

Good to know. Any idea when it starts again?
    It didn't run this year so I imagine next March/April when (if) the new season starts

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

I'm not meaning to have a go at you, but your last line is a prime example of why this place can be so infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Will depend on how good a connection there is. We'll know as soon as he either signs or goes ohm.......
    I've got a good friend in Charleston, cheeky trip for a pre season friendly H?

The announcement doesn't bother me either way. We're unlikely to pick up any players but there is a possibility of our own youngsters gettting a change of scenery to hep them develop.

Your comments are shocking
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff

If there's not a Le Monde, Tiger Lily, Copper Blossom, or Candy Bar equivalent there then trust me, it won't hamper the youth players (or senior pros) development we talk about Scottish players mindsets and mentality, it's a completely different environment there - it's to be applauded

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, my feeling is it will just all go flat.

Left by mutual consent!
    It didn't run this year so I imagine next March/April when (if) the new season starts
    Thanks pal 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    He’s on a roll 90+2.
    Yeah. It’s shocking form tbh. Got a feeling it will run and run though mate.

Left by mutual consent!

Andy on your back in 5,4,3....

Andy on your back in 5,4,3....
    Tbf you spend much more time being critical of Hibs than saying anything positive. A few seasons back Andy was like that. Now he’s a breath of fresh air.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Lets's all do the charleston
    Lets's all do the charleston
    na na na na, na na na na

i'm all for cheerleaders at HT, summer footy please

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Tbf you spend much more time being critical of Hibs than saying anything positive. A few seasons back Andy was like that. Now he’s a breath of fresh air.
    What have I said critically today?

All I can add is that Charleston is a fine city to visit, full of history, beautiful part of the States.

I've got a good friend in Charleston, cheeky trip for a pre season friendly H?
    Oh hell yes - if Hibs are in the US I'll be there, Mrs Hobo too probably. Fat guy in a Hibs jersey ought to wreck any goodwill between the teams mind you.....

Where's CWG at? The old goat probably still thinks the Charleston is the latest dance craze......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I do wonder why some of you bother ‘supporting’ Hibs.

If it’s such hard work go and do something else that gives you some pleasure.
    You haven't even commented on the topic. The first thing you've done is take to task other posters for daring to voice some scepticism about a link with a club you've probably never heard of.

If you find other Hibs fans and opposing opinions such hard work maybe you should avoid Hibs.net and find something else that gives you pleasure.

I might be in the minority here but I think it’s a positive move by the club and it gets us known across the pond.

America is huge and you never know what other connections this club may have!

We have secured quite a few deals over the last few months and this just promotes our club even further!

Well done Hibs and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say my initial reaction to the news was to look up “Charleston Battery” on urban dictionary rather than to google it. Who knew that they’d be a football team?

Whilst there is no exact entry for our new pals in that dictionary, there are certainly a few very interesting acts on there with “Charleston” in the title.