hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Post match interviews

I usually look at these on hibs tv you tube channel but both semi final and Aberdeen they haven't been put on which is quite annoying as like to see what particularly the manager is saying in the wake of a game. Found this one on BBC and couldn't disagree with what was said and definitely was happy to see Jack calling out the referee. Two huge games on the bounce to me we have been done over with obvious decisions the worst one of course the injury time penalty. Not in anyway absolving performances but both potentially huge in terms of game changing decisions and impact on results.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSportS...52035481731073

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its shocking from the club imho that it seems when we lose we get no post match reaction in Hibs TV YouTube- angers me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its shocking from the club imho that it seems when we lose we get no post match reaction in Hibs TV YouTube- angers me tbh
    Is a bit odd, not sure about shocking tbh

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I was going to post similar, I understand that they were both bad results and performances but I hate that the club basically stops communication until the build up to the next game begins.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 09-11-2020 at 06:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I was going to post similar, I understand that they were both bad results and performances but I hate that the club basically stops commnication until the build up to the next game begins.
    I agree, it’s piss poor not to do interviews at a time when the fans are forking out their hard earned for very little in return. There maybe a perfectly valid reason for it, but as usual we hear nothing.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I agree, it’s piss poor not to do interviews at a time when the fans are forking out their hard earned for very little in return. There maybe a perfectly valid reason for it, but as usual we hear nothing.
    Ive still not seen any of the much promised midweek behind the scenes stuff at the training centre either this season. Very much like they promise something at the start of the season and expect everyone to forget it once we get into it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Cliff & co. aren't travelling to away matches. They're doing the commentary watching a screen at Easter Road - thus no post match interviews.

It lloks to me (though I could be wrong) that there's minimum intervention from outsiders when it comes to the footballing staff. For the past few weeks even the pre match press conferences have been average quality video calls.

It may not be ideal for us supporters, but I don't think the club are to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Cliff & co. aren't travelling to away matches. They're doing the commentary watching a screen at Easter Road - thus no post match interviews.

It lloks to me (though I could be wrong) that there's minimum intervention from outsiders when it comes to the footballing staff. For the past few weeks even the pre match press conferences have been average quality video calls.

It may not be ideal for us supporters, but I don't think the club are to blame here.
    If that’s the explanation for it then fair enough. I just wish that it had been communicated better.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    If that’s the explanation for it then fair enough. I just wish that it had been communicated better.
    Agreed wouldn’t take much to do a feature on what a current home/away day entails for the media team and the challenges they face.

Been plenty post match interviews at away games this season. Just not when we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Been plenty post match interviews at away games this season. Just not when we lose.
    We've hardly lost away and we've just lost 2 matches which coincide with more restricitions being put in place. But moan if you want.

We've hardly lost away and we've just lost 2 matches which coincide with more restricitions being put in place. But moan if you want.
    Just pointing out that what you were saying was incorrect. But never mind.

Nothing different, restriction wise to when we managed to do a post match interview in Ayrshire a fortnight ago. When we won, obviously.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Sure either Kenny Millar/one of the fans reps that post on here could clarify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sure either Kenny Millar/one of the fans reps that post on here could clarify this?
    Think Kenny Millar usually does the interviews these days, not Cliff.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Nothing different, restriction wise to when we managed to do a post match interview in Ayrshire a fortnight ago. When we won, obviously.
    I think Peevemor’s right, particularly when you think of when the restrictions have tightened.

I would say I’m surprised that people didn’t just assume that this would be the case and give the club the benefit of the doubt with it, but I’m not.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think Peevemor’s right, particularly when you think of when the restrictions have tightened.

I would say I’m surprised that people didn’t just assume that this would be the case and give the club the benefit of the doubt with it, but I’m not.
    A wee look back at Hibs TV and the games where post match reaction is omitted seems to, solely, be games we’ve lost. Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen. Just a coincidence?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

A wee look back at Hibs TV and the games where post match reaction is omitted seems to, solely, be games we’ve lost. Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen. Just a coincidence?
    Yes - IIRC Celtic didn’t offer the game as PPV to Hibs fans, so I’m not sure what our media team presence would have been like there and i would need to check what the state of play with restrictions was at that point.

Certainly for the last 2 defeats, restrictions would have stopped non-essential travel to Hampden and Aberdeen.

In the last few weeks things have definitely changed. The pre match press conference is now done online, and that seems to coincide with no post match interviews. As someone said it would be good if someone could confirm why we’ve had no interviews.

United we stand here....

In the last few weeks things have definitely changed. The pre match press conference is now done online, and that seems to coincide with no post match interviews. As someone said it would be good if someone could confirm why we’ve had no interviews.
    They definitely have changed, yes. Killie a couple of weeks back was a video press conference with post match reaction from Ross, Doidge and Nisbet at the ground though.

Believe it or no, I wasn’t actually moaning about it that much. I just find it a bit of a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yes - IIRC Celtic didn’t offer the game as PPV to Hibs fans, so I’m not sure what our media team presence would have been like there and i would need to check what the state of play with restrictions was at that point.

Certainly for the last 2 defeats, restrictions would have stopped non-essential travel to Hampden and Aberdeen.
    Did we definitely not have anyone at Hampden? When they did the preview show the night before I’m sure Tam was talking about being lucky getting to go. I might be imagining that though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Did we definitely not have anyone at Hampden? When they did the preview show the night before I’m sure Tam was talking about being lucky getting to go. I might be imagining that though.
    Think the commentary team were there but not for interviews. I think the restrictions on who could go where within the stadium were very tight.

The fact that the cameras were on the opposite side from normal indicates that they were keeping playing & non playing personnel as far apart as possible.

The fact that the cameras were on the opposite side from normal indicates that they were keeping playing & non playing personnel as far apart as possible.
    We were the only team who didn’t bother with any reaction from the semi final, be it produced by us or externally. We’ve obviously chosen not to due to the result.

I wasn’t actually particularly moaning about the decision, as you put it. Just pointing out it looks like a conscious decision not to do anything when we lose.

Just to be clear wasnt insinuating they weren't done because of the result more wondering why i couldnt find them. In many cases you find out more after a defeat in the interviews.