hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Admittedly my post was a bit of an over reaction, sometimes I need to learn to calm down a bit before I comment on a game. Having said that I thought we were brutal, we lost 2-0 to a team that created nothing all game and we created nothing ourselves, we didn’t ever look we’d create a chance never mind score. Admittedly it wasn’t as bad as I made out though

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Not to be outdone by Fenlon who delivered 2 of the worst performances in the clubs entire history
    Yepp, so by the OPs logic that performance comes 3rd after the pumping in Europe by whoever they were - Molde? - and the 5-1 game.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    :

We were dreadful though. If anything the fact we had 61% possession and played that bad just makes it worse.
    I hadn’t realised that, that makes it even worse.

United we stand here....

The fact we have to log in to the board after last nights game just cements how bad we were.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Dunno why probably the lyric “I wasn’t really sure what was going on” but this song came to mind... https://youtu.be/0sajngb0W6I
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I would imagine a lot of Hibs fans have their own view of the worst performances. Actually one of the very worst that I saw was in a game we didn't lose, against Dundee at ER. Simon Stainrod was the player manager for Dundee. I think it was either late 80's or early 90's. It was absolute pants.

Some of the games in the Championship winning season were utter horse *****

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Some of the games in the Championship winning season were utter horse *****
    Not just that season. Every season down there has some brutal games against terrible sides.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Not to be outdone by Fenlon who delivered 2 of the worst performances in the clubs entire history
    Fenlon was miles better than Calderwood. 2 games don't define his time here IMO

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Like bald men fighting over a comb. I’d rather forget both managers 😀

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Don't know about miles although Calderwood was a diabolical appointment. Griffiths was Fenlon's get out card.

Someone mentioned 3 away games under Lennon, Hecky and Yogi that were all utterly dreadful and are still firmly etched in my memory but the one that sticks out for me under Calderwood was the 2-2 at Dunfermline when he took Griffiths and O'Connor off and brought on Agogo and Sodje when were were 2 up.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    The whole of the 1980s was worse than last night.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    The whole of the 1980s was worse than last night.
    Agreed.

Getting beat at Clydebank away in the Scottish Cup 1986 (I think). Where a guy was walking about selling macaroon bars (wtf).

Edit: February 1987

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Maybe, but Fenlon was still *****. About as good a Hibs manager as Bobby Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I would imagine a lot of Hibs fans have their own view of the worst performances. Actually one of the very worst that I saw was in a game we didn't lose, against Dundee at ER. Simon Stainrod was the player manager for Dundee. I think it was either late 80's or early 90's. It was absolute pants.
    I remember a few like that when Coyne and Keith would rip us a new one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Of the worst hibs performances in my lifetime. We created nothing all night and gifted them 2 goals, we didn’t have an attempt on goal until the 91st minute and I’m not sure if that wasn’t a cross. Absolutely dire stuff.
    You’ve obviously not been a fan for too long if that’s in your top 3. Considering some of our humiliations at the hands of Hearts, you have got to be at the wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Don't know about miles although Calderwood was a diabolical appointment. Griffiths was Fenlon's get out card.

Someone mentioned 3 away games under Lennon, Hecky and Yogi that were all utterly dreadful and are still firmly etched in my memory but the one that sticks out for me under Calderwood was the 2-2 at Dunfermline when he took Griffiths and O'Connor off and brought on Agogo and Sodje when were were 2 up.
    Na, he was miles better. Wins against Hearts, Celtic, 2 cup finals. Caderwood won 12 games from 49.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    In the 80s 5-0 defeats could happen at Pittodrie, last night nowhere near some of the performances I have witnessed up there.

So far in the second cycle of fixtures we have collected the same number of points from the same teams so all is not lost

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    You’ve obviously not been a fan for too long if that’s in your top 3. Considering some of our humiliations at the hands of Hearts, you have got to be at the wind up.
    The biggest humiliation of all was the absolute pounding hearts took on their own turf when the Tornadoes put seven past them without reply.

Now that was humiliating. We didn't burst a lithuanian bank or should have been liquidated soon afterwards either.

Na, he was miles better. Wins against Hearts, Celtic, 2 cup finals. Caderwood won 12 games from 49.
    You could say it was a bit of a rollercoaster if you were being really complimentary.

Whatever people's opinions of Fenlon are, he should never have been appointed Hibs manager.

I don't even want to think about Calderwood.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    In the 80s 5-0 defeats could happen at Pittodrie, last night nowhere near some of the performances I have witnessed up there.

So far in the second cycle of fixtures we have collected the same number of points from the same teams so all is not lost
    Yep.

The dons have almost always proven to be a very hard team to beat either home or away. A depressing one I remember was the 0-5 against us at the tail end of our 79/80 relegation year. Virtually assured the dons the league.

I really like their young player Hedges. Think he has a big future ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
    The biggest humiliation of all was the absolute pounding hearts took on their own turf when the Tornadoes put seven past them without reply.

Now that was humiliating. We didn't burst a lithuanian bank or should have been liquidated soon afterwards either.
    Whoah! We’re on the same side and I really don’t get your point? Last night wasn’t even close to being one of our worst performances as the OP states, so why the dig at me? It was a crap result yes, but FFS let’s stick together. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Maybe, but Fenlon was still *****. About as good a Hibs manager as Bobby Williamson.
    Got to give Bobby the benefit of the doubt for leaving a half decent side for the next manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    Whoah! We’re on the same side and I really don’t get your point? Last night wasn’t even close to being one of our worst performances as the OP states, so why the dig at me? It was a crap result yes, but FFS let’s stick together. ☹️
    No dig at you at all.

I was merely pointing out as we all know that we've humiliated them on a good few occasions too. Its not been all one way, that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Admittedly my post was a bit of an over reaction, sometimes I need to learn to calm down a bit before I comment on a game. Having said that I thought we were brutal, we lost 2-0 to a team that created nothing all game and we created nothing ourselves, we didn’t ever look we’d create a chance never mind score. Admittedly it wasn’t as bad as I made out though
    If you can’t overreact on a fans forum then where can you.

I used to know a guy who would claim every bad performance to be the “worst I’ve seen in thirty years”. Went through most of the Miller years claiming spectating career worst performance on a weekly basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    61% possession. No we didn't create a thing but there have been some horrendous performances up there when we've been under the cosh for most of the game. I still maintain that it was no better or worse then quite a few of our performances this season. We're not all that good.
    As has been said, 61% possession is an irrelevant stat when you do nothing with the ball, it’s worse than irrelevant. Ten years ago when Spain and Barca were passing everyone to death it was a useful stat, now when most successful teams press high and attack high speed and on the counter, it often shows which teams have run out of ideas and are passing it sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    As has been said, 61% possession is an irrelevant stat when you do nothing with the ball, it’s worse than irrelevant. Ten years ago when Spain and Barca were passing everyone to death it was a useful stat, now when most successful teams press high and attack high speed and on the counter, it often shows which teams have run out of ideas and are passing it sideways.
    I'm not saying it was anything other than poor, it's just way better than 30% possession, no shots at goal and a 4-0 defeat which was a fairly regular occurrence in the past.

My worst was getting beat by Montrose ( was at the game) then following Wednesday down at Liverpool ( was there)
    Starting dropped and Toshack scored his first hat trick

Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by 1648 View Post
    My worst was getting beat by Montrose ( was at the game) then following Wednesday down at Liverpool ( was there)
    Starting dropped and Toshack scored his first hat trick
    I was at the Montrose game but too young/skint for Liverpool

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk