hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Defending

  1. #1
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    106

    Defending

    Have we got a link with Man Utd defending is a farce , McGregor on Porteous off immediately disgraceful from him


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    30,637
    God, this internet thing really does give way to extreme reaction.

    It's not disgraceful. Its an error. And a poor one at that. Just like Murphy for goal 1.

    Do we sub everyone off who makes a mistake?

    We are defending poorly - no doubt about it. On that, I'll agree.

  4. #3
    When did McGregor last have a good run on form? At least 18 months ago. He's no match fit and is past his best. Rather play the guy with potential who is probably a better player right now too.

  5. #4
    Testimonial Due gaz1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did McGregor last have a good run on form? At least 18 months ago. He's no match fit and is past his best. Rather play the guy with potential who is probably a better player right now too.
    When did Porteous have a good run of form? he's a bomb scare and has been for a long time, believes his own hype. He needs to get back to basics and play to his strengths. Something Daz would be doing.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,000
    Much as I love Daz, he struggled against Brora so really isn't the answer anymore sadly

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Porteous have a good run of form? he's a bomb scare and has been for a long time, believes his own hype. He needs to get back to basics and play to his strengths. Something Daz would be doing.
    Eh, this season? He's been really solid. Nothing to suggest he believes his own hype. Maybe this place should stop hyping him and let him play.

    Daz is knackered. Long time since he contributed

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,151
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Porteous have a good run of form? he's a bomb scare and has been for a long time, believes his own hype. He needs to get back to basics and play to his strengths. Something Daz would be doing.
    Yeah hes been very good for most of this season. McGregor looked finished against Cove Rangers ffs, could barely move.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due gaz1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, this season? He's been really solid. Nothing to suggest he believes his own hype. Maybe this place should stop hyping him and let him play.

    Daz is knackered. Long time since he contributed
    You think he's been really solid? I would say a couple of games he was okay. Last week was a more typical game, slashing at everything and getting caught out of position. You are spot on with the hype for sure, it also doesn't help when the Scotland manager puts him in the squad with probably no intention of playing him.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think he's been really solid? I would say a couple of games he was okay. Last week was a more typical game, slashing at everything and getting caught out of position. You are spot on with the hype for sure, it also doesn't help when the Scotland manager puts him in the squad with probably no intention of playing him.
    He has undoubtedly been solid, we have the second most clean sheets in the league for a reason

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has undoubtedly been solid, we have the second most clean sheets in the league for a reason
    That's not fair, stop using facts to back up your argument ;)

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due gaz1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has undoubtedly been solid, we have the second most clean sheets in the league for a reason
    Haha I forgot he's a one man defence

  13. #12
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha I forgot he's a one man defence
    Nobody said it was exclusively down to Porteous.

  14. #13
    It was nothing to do with defending, it was being careless on the ball that cost the 2 goals.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,638
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think he's been really solid? I would say a couple of games he was okay. Last week was a more typical game, slashing at everything and getting caught out of position. You are spot on with the hype for sure, it also doesn't help when the Scotland manager puts him in the squad with probably no intention of playing him.
    Have to agree with you. He's been lucky Hanlon has bailed him out a few times this season. Porto makes far too many mistakes for a centre half.

    I think both Porto and Doig have great potential but shouldn't be starting every game for us. The worry is, as pointed out for Porto anyway, what's the alternative? If you watched any league cup game Daz looked way off it.

  16. #15
    Porteous has been poor since he got the call up. Unfortunately we cant give him a spell out the team as we have no viable replacement

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)