hibs.net Messageboard

Wetherspoons Real Ale 99p per pint down south

Until 10pm on Wednesday. 🍺

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Will never set foot inside a wetherspoon pub if I can help it. That owner treated his staff like **** at the start of the covid crisis.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will never set foot inside a wetherspoon pub if I can help it. That owner treated his staff like **** at the start of the covid crisis.

Neverspoons.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    He really didn’t. The press twisted the whole thing, I have spoken to several of his staff at different places and they all say the same.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    He really didn’t. The press twisted the whole thing, I have spoken to several of his staff at different places and they all say the same.
    I’ve also spoken to some staff who have some appealing stories of their working conditions.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’ve also spoken to some staff who have some appealing stories of their working conditions.
    How appealing? Is it worth applying for a job?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wouldn't go into one of those pubs if the beer was free.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    No thanks.

I really don't like Tim Martin at all. However people need to remember at the time of the 1st lockdown the furlough scheme wasn't announced until very, very late in the day. He wasn't the only business owner who was set to make a lot of people redundant and Wetherspoons certainly weren't the only pub group. When furlough was announced most retained their staff. With all the restrictions on trade the hospitality industry, supply chain and other reliant industries are all making redundancies, we lost 20% of our workforce at my work last week and the rest are on reduced hours. My boss isn't a monster, he's doing what he needs to do so we have a business at this time next year. I accept that is of little consolation to those who lost their jobs and it's not much comfort to me as I contemplate making savings where I can.

I wouldn't actively choose to go to a Wetherspoons because they are generally soulless caverns. I also don't like Martins politics and I've heard they aren't a great company to work for. His comments at the beginning of March were cold but ultimately he retained his staff and they were paid on time and at the 80% rate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'm just trying to give our England based fans a heads up, hopefully it will be of benefit to some.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Maybe so, but my response was in regard to the first lockdown and their subsequent payment and retention on the furlough scheme where they were treated as fairly as everyone else.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    You know what you're getting with spoons; cheap drinks, especially outside of Edinburgh. The gin range is quite decent and they tend to do a decent pizza.
    Mon the Hibs.