hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gogic

I think Gogic is one of the last players I'd be bashing after tonight. There were plenty worse than him. We contrived to lose 2-0 to a team that didnt create any chances for themselves, Gogic wasnt at fault for either goal

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Gogic is one of the last players I'd be bashing after tonight. There were plenty worse than him. We contrived to lose 2-0 to a team that didnt create any chances for themselves, Gogic wasnt at fault for either goal
    Don't think anyone is blaming him more feeling sorry for the workload he has.

Gogic is not suited in the slightest to a flat 4. He’s a defensive midfielder who’s main strength isn’t even winning the ball in tackles but reading the game and intercepting things/picking up second balls also shielding the striker and forcing teams wide. In a flat 4 he needs to be an all round midfield type. Newell is fine in a flat 4 he does his fair share of ball winning but can then carry the ball forward/pass it. We will not bigger games with a flat 4 with gogic playing. That’s not a criticism of him but playing him in a system that doesn’t suit. 352 is more suited to our group of players and would free gogic up to do the role he was signed for.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    Don't think anyone is blaming him more feeling sorry for the workload he has.
    The first 3 posts on this thread from today all appear to be having a go at him to me

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Gogic shouldn't have been on the pitch second half. The reason he is in the starting XI was already done. We were 2-0 down.

The fact we're looking for Gogic, or as it seems, our two CB's to be our creating force seems to sum us up right now. Absolutely brutal to watch.

They had two midfielders in Hedges and Wright who kept on bursting from midfield. If Gogic goes off it makes it a pumbling.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    They had two midfielders in Hedges and Wright who kept on bursting from midfield. If Gogic goes off it makes it a pumbling.
    And? We're already losing 2-0. Have a ****ing go. May as well just chucked it at half time keeping that same starting XI on.

The first 3 posts on this thread from today all appear to be having a go at him to me
    True, they were just comparing apples with oranges so I just ignored them lol

Left by mutual consent!
    And? We're already losing 2-0. Have a ****ing go. May as well just chucked it at half time keeping that same starting XI on.
    You can still have a go by replacing the ***** around him and Doidge the hoofball target up top.

Unfortunately replacing Gogic with dross like Hallberg won't change a single thing. Take Gogic off and go back five maybe but any other way we lose five or six as it was already a defensive shambles low on confidence. Even Marciano looks shot at the moment.

Have Australia any games coming up? Hopefully Boyle goes and gets called up and scores 20 against some island.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    You can still have a go by replacing the ***** around him and Doidge the hoofball target up top.

Unfortunately replacing Gogic with dross like Hallberg won't change a single thing. Take Gogic off and go back five maybe but any other way we lose five or six as it was already a defensive shambles low on confidence. Even Marciano looks shot at the moment.

Have Australia any games coming up? Hopefully Boyle goes and gets called up and scores 20 against some island.
    I'm in no way blaming Gogic for the performance tonight by the way, and for what its worth I'd have had Newell off before him in a heartbeat. I just think at 2-0 down at half time no one is looking at that starting XI and thinking we're going to score one let alone two goals to level things second half. And in our midfield Gogic is the most defensive option.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm in no way blaming Gogic for the performance tonight by the way, and for what its worth I'd have had Newell off before him in a heartbeat. I just think at 2-0 down at half time no one is looking at that starting XI and thinking we're going to score one let alone two goals to level things second half. And in our midfield Gogic is the most defensive option.

Sound mate

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He couldn’t lace Bartley’s boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Might get slaughtered for this...

He constantly chases shadows and is so incredibly bad with the ball at his feet.

Would he start ahead of Marvin Bartley? Serious question
    He is better than Marv. Gogic this season has had a better and more consistent run than Marv ever had in the top flight.

So everyone that was desperate to sign him in the summer was wrong then? Waiting for the fans out thread haha.

@hibs.net private member
    He needs played in a 3. Him and Newell will struggle against any decent midfield, especially if they are out numbered.

I like him as a player though.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    He needs played in a 3. Him and Newell will struggle against any decent midfield, especially if they are out numbered.

Agree with this. Gogic's limitations are exposed when played in a 2. In a 3 with magennis and newell would work for me, nisbet up top with 2 wingers either side

@hibs.net private member
    Agree with this. Gogic's limitations are exposed when played in a 2. In a 3 with magennis and newell would work for me, nisbet up top with 2 wingers either side
    I'd agree with that. Nisbet and Doidge aren't really clicking.

We need to bite the bullet and move to a 433. Same midfield you've mentioned with Boyle and Murphy out wide and one of Doidge/Nisbet up top. That way we also have a good option up front to come off the bench.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

Would do this for Dundee or Celtc. “Rest” a striker and change the formation to see how we get on.

Here’s how I see it with Gogic, we needed a proper tough-tackling midfielder to protect the back 4 which was horrifically exposed last season. We got that in Gogic and everyone is pleased because we look a far more solid unit. His lack of technical quality then becomes more and more apparent and now we’re seeing guys like him hold us back when we’re on the ball and trying to create.

I was quite indifferent to the idea of signing him at the time, but losing out on McCrorie looks worse every week. Him and Ferguson are everything we want from Gogic with the ability to play a bit as well.

In summary - signing Gogic has helped the team but if we want to be finishing above Aberdeen he’s miles off it. As are others, FWIW.

Our best start to a League in years. Yet now all these signings aren’t good enough. If we then have a run of 3/4 good results there will be threads demanding to get these players on longer contracts. Posters on here have very short memories.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Gogic is what he is. He’s fine in the short term and has helped us become more solid. In the mid-long term we will have to upgrade him if we have any ambitions to finish above 4th. He’s not where I’d start looking for replacements as we try and fix the squad building of the last 3 or 4 years, but Aberdeen have shown with Ferguson & McCrorie that the type of players who can do what Gogic does as well as play are out there and in our market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Here’s how I see it with Gogic, we needed a proper tough-tackling midfielder to protect the back 4 which was horrifically exposed last season. We got that in Gogic and everyone is pleased because we look a far more solid unit. His lack of technical quality then becomes more and more apparent and now we’re seeing guys like him hold us back when we’re on the ball and trying to create.

I was quite indifferent to the idea of signing him at the time, but losing out on McCrorie looks worse every week. Him and Ferguson are everything we want from Gogic with the ability to play a bit as well.

In summary - signing Gogic has helped the team but if we want to be finishing above Aberdeen he’s miles off it. As are others, FWIW.
    Nailed it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Our best start to a League in years. Yet now all these signings aren’t good enough. If we then have a run of 3/4 good results there will be threads demanding to get these players on longer contracts. Posters on here have very short memories.
    Correct

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    True, but all that good start has done is put us in pole position for 4th. Unfortunately we have lost twice to the Dons and the derby defeat last week has only helped to raise doubts that, despite investing heavily during the summer, we haven’t actually improved much at all.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    True, but all that good start has done is put us in pole position for 4th. Unfortunately we have lost twice to the Dons and the derby defeat last week has only helped to raise doubts that, despite investing heavily during the summer, we haven’t actually improved much at all.
    Last season we finished 7th. So if we’re on pole position for 4th, you don’t think that’s an improvement?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    But we clearly have improved. No team has picked up more points outside the old firm than us since Jack Ross took over 😂😂😂 Aberdeen are sitting on about 8 years of being allowed to canter to Europe since ourselves, Sevco and Hearts were in a mess. We have no right to suddenly turn them over - we are still a work in progress. We HAVE improved. 4th is an improvement on virtually every season past 10 years. We just need to keep going.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We have obviously improved from last season. I wouldn’t even say it’s close.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Last season we finished 7th. So if we’re on pole position for 4th, you don’t think that’s an improvement?
    I said it was but I was under the impression that competing with Aberdeen was our aim after our summer recruitment.

Anyone who thinks we haven't improved just doesn't know anything about football honestly.

Gogic’s pass completion this season is 63%. That’s truly woeful

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s on the park to break up play and help the defence. Sadly with two players in the middle, one Gogic and the other someone not very dynamic he’s not being allowed to do his job properly.

That’s not his job. It’s like people have no idea what players jobs are now. To many fans are dreaming of a level Hibs are never going to be.