hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gogic

I questioned if he was good enough on the ball in the summer but was told it was a big kicker we needed. We still desperately miss someone to build attacks and recycle the ball.

I think he is okay, probably a bit better than Marv, but he simply isn't good enough on the ball which makes it really tough to dominate games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I questioned if he was good enough on the ball in the summer but was told it was a big kicker we needed. We still desperately miss someone to build attacks and recycle the ball.

I think he is okay, probably a bit better than Marv, but he simply isn't good enough on the ball which makes it really tough to dominate games.
    We desperately needed someone to stop teams sauntering through our midfield. To an extent he does that, but in isolation it’s not enough, hence why we went for McCrorie. I think generally he’s fine on the ball, but Saturday was guilty of far too many aimless punts. He should have played the simple ball instead.

I like Gogic,

I didnt think he was bad or the worst,
    hes our only tough guy in the middle now,
    long punts you will find were probably coached, or he would have been yanked.

Gordon and the Hibs team beat us Saturday,
    we should not be shocked as we where.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Some of these comments are way OTT to say the least. Gogic has been a superb bit of business for us and one game isn’t going to define him at Hibs. He’s definitely good enough for us and anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.

I like what Gogic has brought into the team this season, but that was an absolutely putrid performance from him on Saturday night.

Really????

Guy couldn't put a challenge in without them diving, was embarrassing

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Some of these comments are way OTT to say the least. Gogic has been a superb bit of business for us and one game isn’t going to define him at Hibs. He’s definitely good enough for us and anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.
    One of the issues on Saturday was when Naismith and Haring came on it allowed them to overload centre midfield not sure we were or tried to change something to deal with that however it meant they had more control of the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've seen plenty of players having howlers in 40+ years of watching Hibs. Gogic tonight doesn't come into that bracket IMO.
    I hear this sort of thing quite a lot, playing down defeats and bad performances because it’s nothing new, or worse in the 40 years etc of watching hibs. Is it not hibs ambition to become better or more consistent than previously?? If that’s the case then we need to stop using the last 40 years failures as expectation. If we should use it is a benchmark, it should be so we do better!

@hibs.net private member
    Apparently told Naismith after the game he would kick his head in after the little rat was taunting/goading our players at full time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Apparently told Naismith after the game he would kick his head in after the little rat was taunting/goading our players at full time.
    I seen a pic of Naismith comforting Nisbet so I doubt the story tbh mate.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Just like Hibs fans.

We ask for a particular type of player to bring balance and then criticise him for all the other things he isn’t quite as good at.
    Agreed

I have been very critical of Ross and to a lesser extent Doidge in another thread and to be honest the criticisms of Doidge on reflection should have been left alone.

Now I am a bit calmer, the criticisms I made of Doidge are on reflection similar to those being made of Gogic.

If you buy a bicycle you are not going to be able to use it to carry tons of freight.

You should have bought a lorry instead and used the bicycle for something it could do.

Only then are you being fair to the bicycle.

Both these players are what they are and we should be happy for what they are not criticise them for what they are not, its not their fault.

Still raging about Ross though :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Agreed

I have been very critical of Ross and to a lesser extent Doidge in another thread and to be honest the criticisms of Doidge on reflection should have been left alone.

Now I am a bit calmer, the criticisms I made of Doidge are on reflection similar to those being made of Gogic.

If you buy a bicycle you are not going to be able to use it to carry tons of freight.

You should have bought a lorry instead and used the bicycle for something it could do.

Only then are you being fair to the bicycle.

Both these players are what they are and we should be happy for what they are not criticise them for what they are not, its not their fault.

Still raging about Ross though :-)
    Gogic was in great demand by Hibs fans.Doidge was being touted for Wales by Hibs fans.Hibs fans were worried that Celtic would want Ross to replace Lennon.Hibs fans want rid of all three. Nothing changes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Gogic was in great demand by Hibs fans.Doidge was being touted for Wales by Hibs fans.Hibs fans were worried that Celtic would want Ross to replace Lennon.Hibs fans want rid of all three. Nothing changes.
    Plural?

Hibs fan makes out it doesn’t matter much losing to them again at Hampden and it’s an over reaction and as they are in the final we are still in a much better position.

We waited years for them to go bust by the way and our infrastructure spending would have us years ahead of the rest, that’s what the excuses used to be after derby losses. What happened? The season after all that infrastructure investment got us almost relegated five years after the league cup win and selling everyone we ended up losing to them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final, with Pat Fenlon the cheap option instead of Stevie Clarke or Michael O’Neil.

Then it still didn’t matter because eventually they are going to go bust. They didn’t. They survived despite assurances it was definitely going to happen. Then they started 10 points a start out of admin, we then go and get relegated too.

Then they somehow piss the championship, we stay down. Then a couple years later we finally have our day in the sun. Had their number for the first time ever.

Now it’s back to the same old **** with the same old excuses after losing to them.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 03-11-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Plural?

Hibs fan makes out it doesn’t matter much losing to them again at Hampden and it’s an over reaction and as they are in the final we are still in a much better position.

We waited years for them to go bust by the way and our infrastructure spending would have us years ahead of the rest, that’s what the excuses used to be after derby losses. What happened? The season after all that infrastructure investment got us almost relegated five years after the league cup win and selling everyone we ended up losing to them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final, with Pat Fenlon the cheap option instead of Stevie Clarke or Michael O’Neil.

Then it still didn’t matter because eventually they are going to go bust. They didn’t. They survived despite assurances it was definitely going to happen. Then they started 10 points a start out of admin, we then go and get relegated too.

Then they somehow piss the championship, we stay down. Then a couple years later we finally have our day in the sun. Had their number for the first time ever.

Now it’s back to the same old **** with the same old excuses after losing to them.
    That's a lot of stuff to bring in to the equation against one game of football.

As has been said before it is still a game and no one is going to be able to guarantee to you that your team will win every week or win the game you have chosen to be especially important to you.

What they pay Boyce, Naismith and Gordon would probably account for most of our team so unfortunately Hearts were never going to be as bad as you've convinced yourself they were going to be. They got what they paid for with Gordon bailing them out then Boyce scoring the penalty where our less experienced striker didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Plural?

Not sure why you are linking my post with this.There’s no connection with what I posted.

None of our players are bad. We just didn't take our chances and they got lucky..again! We will still have a good season!

Might get slaughtered for this...

He constantly chases shadows and is so incredibly bad with the ball at his feet.

Would he start ahead of Marvin Bartley? Serious question

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Might get slaughtered for this...

He constantly chases shadows and is so incredibly bad with the ball at his feet.

Would he start ahead of Marvin Bartley? Serious question
    He couldn’t lace Bartley’s boots.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I thought he was exactly what we needed, but been very poor past two games and his passing had been atrocious. Needs to keep it simple. Definitely not a Bartley type that’s for sure.

I must have watched a different game. Broke up play, won tackles and passing no worse than every one else

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I must have watched a different game. Broke up play, won tackles and passing no worse than every one else

Agree. Absolute nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post

Yip how I saw it as well, was worse performers than gogic tonight and last week

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    New scapegoat alert.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    New scapegoat alert.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    He hasn't looked at his best the last two games, maybe trying to do too much with everyone else playing well below par

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I was pretty vocal on here about not being keen on Gogic in the summer. He’s been better than I thought he’d be though. I didn’t see the game tonight, and he was really poor in the semi, but overall he’s been decent enough this season.

He’s a average centre-half playing in midfield in my opinion, but we needed a sitting midfielder, and he’s an improvement on last season in that respect.

Gogic is a defensive midfielder, who is also having to do or at least try being a playmaker and attacking midfielder because he is up against 2 opposition players nearly every game. To compare him to Bartley who would get a nose bleed if he crossed the centre circle is unfair. He needs more support to let him do what he's best at, and also giving us an option to press further up the pitch when the chances arise. I think he should be playing behind 2 forward playing midfielders giving them the cover to attack the opposition.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    hibs don’t create chances and the defensive midfielder is the one getting stick.

You can’t be asking Gogic to play in a midfield two. He’s nowhere near good enough with the ball.

He’s got attributes. But no in that system. Or no when you come up against anyone half decent.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Gogic shouldn't have been on the pitch second half. The reason he is in the starting XI was already done. We were 2-0 down.

The fact we're looking for Gogic, or as it seems, our two CB's to be our creating force seems to sum us up right now. Absolutely brutal to watch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Gogic was OK. He is what he is.

I'd have about 6 or 7 ahead of him for a bashing after last night.
    Again definitely. He's getting frustrated and playing passes because those around him he's meant to be protecting as such are doing **** all.