hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

St Mirren in trouble

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-stateme...Z40xc_RP2-j19M

Not really going very well for them, is it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    To be honest, having as many outbreaks as they’ve had can’t be put down to bad luck!

What about the "yellow card" that had been issued to football following the Aberdeen and Celtic incidents?

I haven't heard anything about a "red card" being issued.

Just noticed this in today's Herald.

Considering the really high number of cases in the West of Scotland in the past few weeks, surely it's no surprise if some players test positive as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The yellow card was for clear cases of clinical stupidity.
    An investigation is held for each covid case in football to see if there was a breach of any protocols in place.
    If there were then a red may follow.
    They may have followed protocol and still caught it.
    The fact that they are being charged with breaking the SPFL's Covid-19 regulations would suggest that there's a good chance the red card will be produced then.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The fact that they are being charged with breaking the SPFL's Covid-19 regulations would suggest that there's a good chance the red card will be produced then.
    The ‘yellow card’ was issued to the football authorities to get them to get their house in order and be seen to be doing something about breaches of the protocols in place to allow elite football to operate.

This is the authorities being seen to hold the clubs to task.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Are they not located in the epicentre of all this sheet?

My sister Is a health visitor in Preston and she has caught it as has her family hopefully now all on the mend. There was an inevitability about that. She was symptomatic and I think that’s the danger.

As for football players am I not right in saying that despite the regular testing if your still int he incubation period you can have it but not be Positive until later? It’s a minefield.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

The 'yellow card' was issued by the Government as a warning to the football authorities to clamp down hard on any breaches.

That's what they're doing now by investigating any clubs that are having regular issues.

There's no evidence yet that St Mirren have actually done anything wrong but, if they have, a 3-0 win will be awarded to the opposition for any games that are cancelled (where they were found to be in breach of protocols).
    Last edited by Keith_M; 30-10-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    The ‘yellow card’ was issued to the football authorities to get them to get their house in order and be seen to be doing something about breaches of the protocols in place to allow elite football to operate.

This is the authorities being seen to hold the clubs to task.
    I'm not so sure the government will see it that way and I'm not so sure that would be my interpretation of what was said at the time about what would result in a red card being shown to football.

Just because the SFA/SPFL are now doing something about the breaches doesn't minimise the potential harm that's being caused by any breach being committed in the first place.

Testimonial Due
    Given the players are not in a bubble and live with their families, inevitable given the incidence in Scotland and particularly the West that players will become positive. Especially, with change in weather and loose restrictions in place until recently. There will be more teams affected in the near future.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure the government will see it that way and I'm not so sure that would be my interpretation of what was said at the time about what would result in a red card being shown to football.

Just because the SFA/SPFL are now doing something about the breaches doesn't minimise the potential harm that's being caused by any breach being committed in the first place.
    We’ll agree to differ.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Kick them into the championship and promote the current leaders to the Premiership.

A lot of unfair things are going to happen this season, we had to go into a massive game against Aberdeen missing a vital player because of a false positive while they had their game called off against Celtic when they had 6 players out.

We need to suck it up though and just get on with it. FWIW, I think if you need to call a game of because of COVID (breach or no breach) points should be forfeited, for the good of the game and to give the season the best chance of completion. Currently I don't think the league knows quite what its doing and without a clear ruling there will be arguments and claims of favouritism. The title, Europe, relegation could all be decided by COVID rulings this season - rules need to be set in stone or we could be facing Hearts type legal battles all over again.....after all, with such mild punishments what do clubs have to loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Kick them into the championship and promote the current leaders to the Premiership.
    Welcome to Raith Rovers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Welcome to Raith Rovers
    imagine their reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    imagine their reaction.
    I would never stop laughing if that happened!

I heard on sportscene that Motherwell could get two 3-0 wins awarded to them ?, could that be right ?

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar

Absolutely

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    I heard on sportscene that Motherwell could get two 3-0 wins awarded to them ?, could that be right ?
    That's why I would rather games were played if possible.

We win 3-0 away to SM and win 1-0 at Killie and Motherwell could be awarded two 3-0 wins against the same teams without kicking a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    That's why I would rather games were played if possible.

We win 3-0 away to SM and win 1-0 at Killie and Motherwell could be awarded two 3-0 wins against the same teams without kicking a ball.
    That's what i was thinking, if it came to goal difference that's a heck of advantage for them.