hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's because to Hearts the derby comes first, with long term success second.

People talk about that as if it's a weakness but I wish we had that. Beating your rivals breeds confidence as proven by how said **** Hearts teams go on long unbeaten runs after a derby win.

Beating Hearts is more important to me than anything else Hibs do and I wish we as a club and a support felt the same. Any manager who treats it as "just another game" should be sacked on the spot.
    They won 2 last year and both wins didn’t do them much good thereafter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    One thing I’ve never understood is how the Maroon Balloons always get so fired up to play us. They have turned over dozens and dozens of journeymen with no particular affinity to that joke of a club but come Derby Day they are usually more up to it than us. We never quite get same level of will to win. Even when we should be murdering them on paper, they still find a way to beat us. Equally we have had many teams that are superior but bottle it against them. They should have no fear of them and many have no mental scarring (unlike the fans) from history but just don’t turn up. It’s weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yep, Hearts are always fired up for the derby, no doubt about it. On the flip side, the vast majority of our fans seem to approach the fixture with fear and trepidation regardless of how well we are playing. You only have to read through this forum to see the unjust nervousness / levels of fear some of our fans seem to have when it comes to playing Hearts.

Coaching Staff
    I will be surprised if they do not take it in turns to clog Boyle early doors.

They seem him as the main threat.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    King Paddy was spot on

We do not want a repeat of 1-3 at Easter Road

Hopefully Jack Ross will have learned a valuable lesson

Needs to get them up for this

Defeat is not an option

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    When they went in to administration I think they beat us every time that season, with the kids. Pretty even thereafter, but you even look at last season with them hardly winning a game but still holding the upper hand in derbies.

We undoubtedly have the better team IMO. But I’ve said that often enough.
    Now budgets are similar, results have evened out. We wont win every game, just as they wont either, but they will win some as we will and have.