hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This documentary will include the 2 visits to Easter road where they turned up in a mess and still left with 6 points.

They’ll Probably had the cameras around at hampden aswell just incase they turned us over to add into the final episode.

It’s no really that funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree Hibs fuuuuked up again and make laughing at them almost impossible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've always found it very easy to laugh at them

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Every single time we have a chance to laugh at them (deservedly, given their behaviour and the appalling way their club is run) our own team embarrass us and leave us looking silly.

I won’t be watching one minute of this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Funnily enough this wasn't instigated by them, the BBC states by the maker that they were planning on following up to the 'big fan ownership handover', but what they caught is a total cluster ******.

A few points from me:

They filmed this over many many months, I'm quite disappointed it's only 3 x 1hr episodes given the complete disaster they followed. Bear in mind they also caught the COVID situation so only stopped filming recently, even before COVID there had to be 6 at least.

Until 8 days ago I was really looking forward to the carnage playing out for all to see, people saying last weekend was only a blip and we can laugh, hmmm I'm not so sure myself now, I can't brush things like Hampden under the carpet especially given the potential of that loss.

I would be amazed if Levein didn't come across as a totally decent guy, the Sunday evening of 'that' Ozturk goal I was in his company in Tiger Lily and I cannot bring myself to say anything negative against him, that's my experience of him. I wasn't drunk in anyway, obviously deflated and not in the mood for much, his conversation was excellent.

It's been said plenty on here, but I also have no idea where this paranoia that the media are pro pushing a Hearts agenda. Any BBC I watch or listen to absolutely rip them to shreds, can anybody give evidence that shows the contrary? Am I missing something?

While I understand it was the BBC that went to them, Budge will have in no doubt jumped baws deep at the chance to promote her ego.

As for Levein, see my post on him on off the ball. For the first time I’ve ever listened to him when it wasn’t totally hearts related or encouraged by bell chief extraordinaire Tom English he came across as decent and genuine and funny (I can’t believe I just said that ****) the opposite of my persona of him and the opposite of Gary Locke or John Colquhoon.

I’ve also stuck up for the BBC plenty on here despite their pro hearts leanings in recent years. I certainly don’t think they are anti Hibs but they are becoming increasingly pro Hearts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I agree Hibs fuuuuked up again and make laughing at them almost impossible.
    Aye. It will be worth a watch next time I can find it in me to laugh at them before the wee bit in my head reminds me we ****ed up last week.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Anyone pretending this is going to do anything other than paint Hearts as brave opponents of an oppressive system is kidding themselves. They will be wronged at every turn by the big bad SFA.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Anyone pretending this is going to do anything other than paint Hearts as brave opponents of an oppressive system is kidding themselves. They will be wronged at every turn by the big bad SFA.
    I’m not too sure mate. That would be the BBC going against the SPFL. They will in no doubt cry injustice, show the derby and rangers wins and have an exclusive half hour interview with Stendel who will say football in a German accent a few time’s and slaver a lot.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't see this being anything other than a propaganda exercise cooked up by the Gorgie mob and their pals at the BBC.
    No way will it show them in a bad light. I'll definitely not be watching.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard Hearts being ripped to shreds on the BBC even though it's entirely merited. I've only ever heard the complete opposite, especially this year.
    A year or so back Alan Preston and Michael Stewart regularly lambasted Hearts on the BBC. More so from a footballing perspective rather than off field but both got properly ripped into them despite both being supporters of the club.

Mind you, maybe that’s why they’re not on the shows as much now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Every single time we have a chance to laugh at them (deservedly, given their behaviour and the appalling way their club is run) our own team embarrass us and leave us looking silly.

I agree.

Had we beat them in both home games, then it would be great viewing. But the documentary makers have to add some positives for Hertz fans as there would be little else for their fans to excite them. They'll make the derby wins the focal point of the programme, with loads of gloating quotes.

Would rather watch paint dry! Or re-runs of the Aberdeen match!

@hibs.net private member
    Pishy, Hearts loving preview from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54849991

For anyone watching, make sure you have a sick bag nearby.

Left by mutual consent!
    I forgot how much of an odd creepy looking weirdo that Macphee looked.

Budge had a say on final edit.

This will be a dreadful watch.

How to lose supporters money at record rates with nothing to show for it, then getting relegated... becomes, brave queen ann sticking it to the man...

Hope they show some Ian Cathro motivational talks, with the players giggling in to their hands when his back is turned.

He was the best one.

Left by mutual consent!

Did knocking them out the cup two seasons running while we were a Championship club, the first time seeing us go on to lift the trophy for the first time in 114 years and at a stroke wipe out their derby songbook not allow us to laugh at them?

Glad I'm not alone

Plus it's on the BBC, it's absolutely guaranteed they'll manage to paint this as a heroic story and Budge as mother Theresa or something.

A lot of people will be very disappointed tonight imo

I couldn't be less interested if I tried. I'll wash my hair instead.

Cant imagine anything I'd rather watch less. Will no doubt spend plenty time talking about their 2 wins against us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Did knocking them out the cup two seasons running while we were a Championship club, the first time seeing us go on to lift the trophy for the first time in 114 years and at a stroke wipe out their derby songbook not allow us to laugh at them?
    No because mEnTaLiTy

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJammies View Post
    Hope they show some Ian Cathro motivational talks, with the players giggling in to their hands when his back is turned.

He was the best one.
    If not just watch re-runs of the office.

Their main stand outside isn’t a coincidence 👌

Cathro running into simply the best to be pumped off Peterhead would be amazing.

Left by mutual consent!
    You had that transplant then? 😆

It's about a Scottish football club that isn't the old firm so a must watch for a Scottish football supporter.
    It's a shame it's only 3 episodes which means it will be shallow and therefore unlikely to give us a Charlie Methven ******** type character to dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    You had that transplant then? 😆
    Not been cut since lockdown.....it's almost down to my ears now.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    If not just watch re-runs of the office.

Their main stand outside isn’t a coincidence 👌

Cathro running into simply the best to be pumped off Peterhead would be amazing.
    A cross between Father Ted and The Office.

Ian Cathro as Father Dougal Maguire, Daniel Stendel as Father Jack, Austin McPhee as The Og Monster, Ann Budge as Keith.

Craig Levein as himself.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not been cut since lockdown.....it's almost down to my ears now.
    🤣🤣 good man.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJammies View Post
    A cross between Father Ted and The Office.

Ian Cathro as Father Dougal Maguire, Daniel Stendel as Father Jack, Austin McPhee as The Og Monster, Ann Budge as Keith.

Craig Levein as himself.
    Box office. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cathro actually looks like Dougal.

**** the hertz

Imho, I think we have more jambo's on ,net than I first thought, I will not be watching this *****, **** the hertz

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Imho, I think we have more jambo's on ,net than I first thought, I will not be watching this *****, **** the hertz
    I don’t think so in all honesty. There’s a couple that are shining through glaringly but they are bitter *****. The ones that say we have been lucky all season and are pish are the ones to watch. They will be watching this thread and dying to bite too 💚

i'm watching for tips on "how never to have your hair". In fact that's what I'm telling the kids the show is called.