hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Accidentally flicked over to this documentary last night and, OMG, is the Hearts groundsman for real?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    the groundsman sounded like he had more passion for the pitch than anne has for the club

2. Log in to remove the advert

Accidentally flicked over to this documentary last night and, OMG, is the Hearts groundsman for real?

Sounded very much like a guy who has learned to control a lifelong stutter, that aside he probably came across better than anybody else in the programme.

I thought the groundsman came across better than most to be fair. What was your issue, you're not seriously mocking him for his speech?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Sounded very much like a guy who has learned to control a lifelong stutter, that aside he probably came across better than anybody else in the programme.
    Beat me to it, spot on!

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    McLauchlin showed his true colours
    wearing a maroon top in one part
    showed himself for what he he stands for
    and yet another BBC Scotland and the Hearts bias
    At least his laptop showed the st mirren goal, but no comment on it.

Given the season just past the BBC couldn't have picked a better club to cover, the ingredients were all there for a hard hitting documentary showing the anguish as their plight became more and more desperate, especially following defeat at St Mirren and then the anger as it became clear the other clubs were not going to vote the way Hearts wanted.

Instead of that it was as if nothing was really going on, don't tell me there weren't tensions boiling to the surface both within the board room and on the training pitch and that fans weren't raging, with the team, with the manager / managers and especially the board after only 4 wins in F knows how many games, not to mention the obvious mistake of keeping the previous manager at the club to look over the shoulder of the new guy appointed.

Being calm in a crisis is one thing, pretending it isn't happening is quite another and if that's how Hearts genuinely were dealing with the season just past no bloody wonder they got relegated. It was as if the managers didn't care, the team didn't care and the board didn't care .... in fact the only thing they did seem to care about was beating us.

In the end it was a piss poor effort .... the BBC were given all the ingredients to give us a 5 course gourmet banquet of a football documentary and instead served up egg & chips .... bland, bland, bland.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Snap.

He didn't need to put himself forward for the programme. He did, though, which says something about his own self-confidence.

I wasn`t sure if it was a "simple" speech issue or if there was more to it,regardless of that as someone else has already mentioned guy showed more passion for his pitch than anyone else throughout the programme,one of the few who didn`t appear to be prompted with what to say.

As for the actual programme,handy if you couldn`t get to sleep it was so boring,all that material available for the season and thats what they come up with?
    and old Budge throwing in a "I tried to call Daniel before the manager release went out but no answer" o right so you only knew at that moment that you were tipping him and it wasn`t in the pipeline already? Shoddy and disrespectful doesn`t cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    McLauchlin showed his true colours
    wearing a maroon top in one part
    showed himself for what he he stands for
    and yet another BBC Scotland and the Hearts bias
    The Maroon buffoon definitely nailed his colours to the mast. I also spotted the half empty red wine bottles in his kitchen which may explain his ruddy complexion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Almost all Europeans tbh. We are a very reserved nation when it comes to greetings.
    Maybe leching over other people's partners and copping off with them is a habit that is best left to others. It may not be a bad thing being reserved. The French are awful in that respect.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I thought the groundsman came across better than most to be fair. What was your issue, you're not seriously mocking him for his speech?
    I am hoping the poster was shocked at there actually being a genuine and clearly professional member of staff at hearts. Is he “for real” meaning he doesn’t belong alongside the otherwise unprofessional shambles 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Given the season just past the BBC couldn't have picked a better club to cover, the ingredients were all there for a hard hitting documentary showing the anguish as their plight became more and more desperate, especially following defeat at St Mirren and then the anger as it became clear the other clubs were not going to vote the way Hearts wanted.

Instead of that it was as if nothing was really going on, don't tell me there weren't tensions boiling to the surface both within the board room and on the training pitch and that fans weren't raging, with the team, with the manager / managers and especially the board after only 4 wins in F knows how many games, not to mention the obvious mistake of keeping the previous manager at the club to look over the shoulder of the new guy appointed.

Being calm in a crisis is one thing, pretending it isn't happening is quite another and if that's how Hearts genuinely were dealing with the season just past no bloody wonder they got relegated. It was as if the managers didn't care, the team didn't care and the board didn't care .... in fact the only thing they did seem to care about was beating us.

In the end it was a piss poor effort .... the BBC were given all the ingredients to give us a 5 course gourmet banquet of a football documentary and instead served up egg & chips .... bland, bland, bland.
    To be fair to them, they bought the documentary off Wark Clements production company, mind you if I was the BBC I would have asked for a bit more editorial control as the 3 hour long shows were pretty insipid bland offerings.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    the groundsman sounded like he had more passion for the pitch than anne has for the club
    If he's anything like the groundsmen/greenkeepers that I know then that's par for the course (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    The Maroon buffoon definitely nailed his colours to the mast. I also spotted the half empty red wine bottles in his kitchen which may explain his ruddy complexion.
    Maroon face to match his maroon top and maroon heart.

Just watched it. It’s a shame with everything that happened they ended up with such a dull product. More time spent chatting to the groundsman.

I'd tend to agree.

Night and day compared to 'Sunderland 'Til I Die', which I was glued to -it offered an insight into the club, city, community and the passion of the fans for a failing team. My mrs even liked it for these reasons and she doesn't like football.

Hearts had a golden chance to trump the Sunderland series, as they had all the ingredients - poorly performing club, relegation, injustice AND a big legal battle to boot.

But like you say, it made an emotional rollercoaster and legal drama seem like watching an episode of Countdown.

No disrespect to Countdown.

On a Hibs public forum you appear to have made fun of a working man with a speech defect that he will have spent his whole life working to improve. An issue which he has to face every time he wants to speak. On this occasion he has spoken on camera knowing that it is going to be on national TV and will very publicly expose his issue. Most of the regular posters on here will have seen a man with real balls make himself heard and will respect him for that. You have embarrassed yourself.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-11-2020 at 04:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I thought it was badly manipulated by the BBC, was weak and bland. ***** TV so very accurate in portraying the season they had.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Thought he spoke very well and passionately. Can see his point about having a meal on the pitch? Did they not learn their lesson from the vanity concert which ruined the pitch?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thought he spoke very well and passionately. Can see his point about having a meal on the pitch? Did they not learn their lesson from the vanity concert which ruined the pitch?
    I actually thought it was great seeing someone so passionate about their club Jim. That said, he's the same groundsman who Levein didn't want cutting the grass v Celtic (under Rodgers) and who allowed it to be continually over watered right up to kick off under both Cathro and Levein so he let standards slip when he wanted to

The documentary was awful. I know a few staff at Hearts and none were in it which is sad - allegiances aside they do a power of work for Hearts and the community. The lack of dressing room material during half time / full time must have been written into the brief (as in Hearts didn't want it). The complete lack of in-depth behind the scenes when the court case was going on must simply be because they knew it would portray them in an even worse light in my opinion.

There was too much John Rankin and Robbie McGregor and not enough of Jonathan Obika

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    On a Hibs public forum you appear to have made fun of a working man with a speech defect that he will have spent his whole life working to improve. An issue which he has to face every time he wants to speak. On this occasion he has spoken on camera knowing that it is going to be on national TV and will very publicly expose his issue. Most of the regular posters on here will have seen a man with real balls make himself heard and will respect him for that. You have embarrassed yourself.
    Great post.

He's a brave guy.
    Nothing wrong with having passion for your club even if it is them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I actually thought it was great seeing someone so passionate about their club Jim. That said, he's the same groundsman who Levein didn't want cutting the grass v Celtic (under Rodgers) and who allowed it to be continually over watered right up to kick off under both Cathro and Levein so he let standards slip when he wanted to

The documentary was awful. I know a few staff at Hearts and none were in it which is sad - allegiances aside they do a power of work for Hearts and the community. The lack of dressing room material during half time / full time must have been written into the brief (as in Hearts didn't want it). The complete lack of in-depth behind the scenes when the court case was going on must simply be because they knew it would portray them in an even worse light in my opinion.

There was too much John Rankin and Robbie McGregor and not enough of Jonathan Obika
    Absolutely not enough dressing room type action or players being interviewed just before or after games. When the characters of the show are Gary Locke and Scott Wilson then you know something is wrong. Obviously control freakary by the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done Colin Murdoch

Coaching Staff
    My brother and my eldest son had speech disorders in their childhood years and it's heartbreaking (as a bystander) watching the psychological effects it can have, and that's not even including the bullying and torment they go through, which trust me, is damaging mentally and emotionally for the person going through it, especially as a child.

They both recovered fully thankfully, but I agree, anyone who has the confidence to be public facing and 'work' through it deserves to be praised

Great post

@hibs.net private member
    What about Queen Ann and her maroon chairs and cushions in her conservatory, her maroon I pad cover, maroon phone cover and as for that suit and scarf....
    Bet her bedroom has the Hearts duvet cover, curtains and lampshade.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    What about Queen Ann and her maroon chairs and cushions in her conservatory, her maroon I pad cover, maroon phone cover and as for that suit and scarf....
    Bet her bedroom has the Hearts duvet cover, curtains and lampshade.
    I hope never to be able to verify that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Excellent post CMurdoch.

The lad is clearly a passionate Jambo, and someone who also cares deeply about his work - the amount of care and effort he seems to put in to having the pitch looking pristine was admirable. His speech impediment shouldn't be a topic of discussion - doesn't matter if he's part of 'the enemy' - that's utterly disgusting patter.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Good to see the grass getting cut

It was a deadly dull documentary considering this was a momentous season for Hearts. You only got the raw emotional side from the grounds fella and Gary Locke who obviously kicks every ball bless him.

I got fed up with Mrs Budge and her smiling face quite early in proceedings.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Anyone else notice Budgie’s Lockdown hair getting out of control?

By episode 3 it looked as though she had cut it herself