hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I watched the last episode while having breakfast yesterday - it was okay.

I'm sure it was interesting if you're a Hearts fan, but there wasn't enough real insight into the situation or personalities to make much of an impression otherwise.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    A complete waste of 3 hours.incredibly boring programme I wish I’d never watched. Seemed to be produced by the Hearts media team. Real lack of behind the scenes from what was another embarrassing ****show from the cheats

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent post CMurdoch.

The lad is clearly a passionate Jambo, and someone who also cares deeply about his work - the amount of care and effort he seems to put in to having the pitch looking pristine was admirable. His speech impediment shouldn't be a topic of discussion - doesn't matter if he's part of 'the enemy' - that's utterly disgusting patter.

Gary Locke is clearly a passionate Jambo but he’s fair game for anyone to have a go at.

The guy’s speech impediment isn’t the point of discussion or ridicule, it’s being a Hearts fud that is.

If he had said the exact same things perfectly eloquently he’d be getting pelters on here for what he said, not how he said it.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Gary Locke is clearly a passionate Jambo but he’s fair game for anyone to have a go at.

The guy’s speech impediment isn’t the point of discussion or ridicule, it’s being a Hearts fud that is.

If he had said the exact same things perfectly eloquently he’d be getting pelters on here for what he said, not how he said it.
    It's a good point. I don't think anyone on here actually said anything untoward specifically about the speech impediment.

Both he and Locke are passionate Hearts fans, and for that I can only pity them. Not sure what all the vitriol for Locke is about TBH, he's a bit of a joke character for me, a circus clown if you like. Always felt similar about Skacel, he loved playing the panto villain.

Did somebody actually criticise the guy's speech impediment or have the people complaining about it actually just made that up?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did somebody actually criticise the guy's speech impediment or have the people complaining about it actually just made that up?
    Looks like an assumption has been made and a few have jumped on it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    With the size of Hearts 7 a side pitch it’s no surprise the groundsman found so much time to talk to the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    On a Hibs public forum you appear to have made fun of a working man with a speech defect that he will have spent his whole life working to improve. An issue which he has to face every time he wants to speak. On this occasion he has spoken on camera knowing that it is going to be on national TV and will very publicly expose his issue. Most of the regular posters on here will have seen a man with real balls make himself heard and will respect him for that. You have embarrassed yourself.

excellent post

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    excellent post
    It would be if anyone had actually taken the piss out of his speech impediment....

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    My main observation from watching this, is that Hearts must have had considerable editing rights over the series prior to broadcasting. Even putting the green tinted specs to one side for a minute, last season was one from hell for jambos but somehow the series doesn't seem to capture that mood. Everything seems to have been upbeat and rosy in garden, with much of the process leading up to the eventual relegation brushed under the carpet/ignored by the BBC. A very poor reflection of events by the broadcaster.

There's also a clear attitude of arrogance displayed by many of the interviewees which although won't be a surprise to Hibernians, will be obvious to those outside the Edinburgh bubble. Definitely a display of 'we are the peepul' by the jambos similar to their West Coast cousins.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 25-11-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McS***** View Post
    It would be if anyone had actually taken the piss out of his speech impediment....
    Perhaps the guy should have worded his post better then, because it wasn't exactly a stretch to think he was making a comment on the guys speech difficulties rather than what he was actually saying.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

Nope. In fact they ducked almost all the bitterness and controversy as best they could. Budge was in friendly granny mode, not the increasingly deranged ranter we saw over the summer.

The third episode was the most disappointing of the lot, and it was just a very poor documentary series really. The team had the inside track on an incredible story with lots of drama and conflict - TV gold - and they just swept most of it aside. The final St Mirren game which was so pivotal to their season was basically ignored.

What I learned is that Hearts are an absolute shambles - even the most sympathetic edit couldn't hide that - and Jambos don't like eating vegetables because they are green.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Was buzzing at the thought of this coming out and had planned to binge it in a sitting but after reading all the comments about it it's definitely getting swerved - how disappointing.

Testimonial Due
    You could do a guerilla documentary using press conferences, radio + TV interviews plus bits from their various statements. Call it the "The Real Hearts Story" . We must have some talented media fan that can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Was buzzing at the thought of this coming out and had planned to binge it in a sitting but after reading all the comments about it it's definitely getting swerved - how disappointing.
    That's where I am too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post

Me too I have deleted the recordings without watching.

Hearts seem to be run by strong women who keep their coats on indoors.

Maybe the heating's off to save cash.

Nice to see Greetin' Jim Jefferies looking trim and cheerful though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Damn. It's been repeated and I've STILL missed it.

Oh well

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

Nice to see Greetin' Jim Jefferies looking trim and cheerful though.
    Probably more cheerful than 0-7 at the same pad.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched all 3 - special mentions to Gary Locke playing David Brent almost as well as Ricky Gervais did and to Lee McCulloch’s teeth.

How did it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    How did it end?
    They got relegated, about 6 times!

They didn't get relegated. They were excreted from the top flight.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    How did it end?
    No idea. Stuck it out till about 20 minutes to go on final episode and gave up such was the dull viewing. Might catch up and finish it at some point, but it’s incredible that given the dramatic events of the season covered, the programme struggled to capture any of said drama. In what should have been a very watchable last episode it was just petering out and going nowhere and I’d lost any interest I’d had.
    Unless the last 15-20 minutes built up to a dramatic finale, the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time. I’m sure Hearts fans must have felt the same. I don’t think anyone is really that more knowledgeable on what goes on behind the scenes at one of the bigger clubs in Scotland. Can’t see there being a clamour for a Season 2..

Left by mutual consent!
    How did the 0-7 game end?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I hope never to be able to verify that.
    Would have spat out my coffee it that comment if I had been less of a lazy gig and got up to make some :)

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Damn. It's been repeated and I've STILL missed it.

Oh well

IPlayer?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.