hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    6/1 Aberdeen in the other Semi looks a decent bet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t see how a championship team can be favourites against a premiership team especially one sitting third in the table and playing good football. Personally I think Hibs will win by 2 or 3 goals.
    Indeed. Hearts aren't favourites. Hibs could and probably should win this one with a degree of comfort.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    We're slight favourites at nearly all firms now. Surprised it was the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    We're slight favourites at nearly all firms now. Surprised it was the other way round.
    Jumped in @ 17/10 Willy hills👌😎☘

Testimonial Due
    Peak Hearts pre Derby news story:

Hearts' Josh Ginnelly, who was on crutches after picking up an injury against Arbroath on Friday, and fellow wingers Jordan Roberts and Elliot Frear could shake off injuries to be available for Saturday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibernian. (Edinburgh Evening News)

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Indeed. Hearts aren't favourites. Hibs could and probably should win this one with a degree of comfort.
    In our last 2 games we've managed 1 goal from a penalty against Killie and Ross County. We're pretty solid and I guess should be slight favourites but expecting comfort in this game is hopeful to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post

Hearts' Josh Ginnelly, who was on crutches after picking up an injury against Arbroath on Friday, and fellow wingers Jordan Roberts and Elliot Frear could shake off injuries to be available for Saturday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibernian. (Edinburgh Evening News)
    I must admit I don't track their transfer movements very closely, but every time we play Hearts these days it feels like they've made up a bunch of names. Who, who and who?

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar

Every time without fail

I don't know the vast majority of their players or whether they're good or not. Seem to sign a new squad every window.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't know the vast majority of their players or whether they're good or not. Seem to sign a new squad every window.
    Same here.

I attempted the BBC's "combined eleven" earlier and hadn't even heard of half the Hearts players which meant that an honest attempt at a fair selection produced a result that looks one sided.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Would you fancy St Mirren, Hamilton or Ross County against this Hearts team?
    I would yes. They haven’t suddenly become a quality team or one that has any habit of winning games as yet.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I must admit I don't track their transfer movements very closely, but every time we play Hearts these days it feels like they've made up a bunch of names. Who, who and who?
    Neilson's going with the "play wide" strategy that worked for him in 14-15. He signed three wingers to accommodate this over the summer.

John Robertson seemingly also “a doubt”

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I would yes. They haven’t suddenly become a quality team or one that has any habit of winning games as yet.
    I hope the Manager and team are not thinking the same we have to be very motivated for this game. Hearts are going to be decent this year and we will need to play at a good level to beat them.

Anyone who thinks we are better and therefore should win has not been watching derbies for fifty years.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I hope the Manager and team are not thinking the same we have to be very motivated for this game. Hearts are going to be decent this year and we will need to play at a good level to beat them.

Anyone who thinks we are better and therefore should win has not been watching derbies for fifty years.
    I think we are better, but being better does not automatically mean you will win, but I think we can and hopefully will.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Ginnelly looks a good player, I hope he’s out.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Elliott ‘in doubt’ Frear, their winger on the other side used to play with Doidge at Forest Green, I notice. He’s just a hearts **** at the end of the day really.

Coaching Staff

The fans’ opinion of Hearts quality has nothing to do with our approach or motivation.

I don’t think Hamilton are a great team for example but they, like any team are capable of winning on the day and should be given all respect.

On the other hand hyping Hearts into something they are not and being frightened of them isn’t the way to go.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Every time without fail yam:
    They've all had a leg sawn off with a Rusty blade but the EEN is delighted to report the Hearts stars should all pass a last minute fitness test before the semi final.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The fans’ opinion of Hearts quality has nothing to do with our approach or motivation.

I don’t think Hamilton are a great team for example but they, like any team are capable of winning on the day and should be given all respect.

On the other hand hyping Hearts into something they are not and being frightened of them isn’t the way to go.
    Nobody at Hibs should fear Hearts by the same token no one should doubt this will be anything other than a very very tough game to win.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Elliott ‘in doubt’ Frear, their winger on the other side used to play with Doidge at Forest Green, I notice. He’s just a hearts **** at the end of the day really.
    amen.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    😂

Left by mutual consent!
    In our last 2 games we've managed 1 goal from a penalty against Killie and Ross County. We're pretty solid and I guess should be slight favourites but expecting comfort in this game is hopeful to say the least.
    We should have been a few goals to the good by half time against County and we've proved we can score a few goals when we hit our stride. I don't EXPECT it to be comfortable but we should definitely be clear favourites.

With 27 attempts we should have absolutely destroyed Ross County. Hopefully we take our chances against Hearts as we will make plenty of them

Nobody at Hibs should fear Hearts by the same token no one should doubt this will be anything other than a very very tough game to win.

Many **** players could look a good player in the Scottish Championship to be fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Many **** players could look a good player in the Scottish Championship to be fair.
    True. Look at Halliday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

All the bookies.

Reality check for anyone thinking this will be easy.

Jack Ross read this too please and get every single player up for this and not a stroll in the park ****.
    Good post , sur.