hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Keatings goal against Falkirk to win 2-1 right at the end of the game and put us 10 points clear of them

2. Log in to remove the advert

Griffith's free kick against Hearts only 2 people on the planet didn't think it was in.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keatings goal against Falkirk to win 2-1 right at the end of the game and put us 10 points clear of them
    That's my favourite goal from our time in the championship.

Archiebald at Tynecastle.

First Team Regular newmarket_hibbee's Avatar
    Pat Stanton, diving header against motherwell, midweek cup game ,early 70's, think the final score was 2-2, maybe the tie went to 3 repalys before Hibs lost, canny remember. Yhis may have been my first Hibs game, thats probably why it stands out.

Not a Hibs goal but wee Crunchie for Falkirk against Huntley (I think) in the Scottish Cup. Must have been mid 90's. He beat half their team before slotting it away. Always remembered it.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Spoony’s goal in December 2012 stands out too.
    Was that not quite heavily deflected?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    The best technique goal I have seen was a David Zitelli overhead scissors kick against Dundee at Dens Park in a Sunday night match, right in front of us it went in like a rocket.

Others that spring to mind are SDG winner in 2016, Keith in 1991 semi, both goals in 1972 League Cup Final and 7th goal on 1/1/73.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOg0n_rVnA

Zemmama raking 40 yard pass to Tony Stokes playing keepie uppie in The Rangers box before lobbing the keeper.
    ridiculous ability all round and superb finish.
    This one without a doubt

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Rob Jones’s first for Hibs in the snow at the League Cup Final in 2007.

Up like a salmon.

J

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Was that not quite heavily deflected?
    I don't think deflection is enough of a description; it was similar to Hickeys winner last season.
    Last edited by Jones28; 27-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Archigod at Tynecastle...the celebrations were crazy..from the back of the terracing to the front in an instant.

Left by mutual consent!
    Del a Cruz vs Jumbos. Was it second minute? Screamer of a goal. Much West Stand joy

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    There is only one though.

90+2

Blog Entries
    Latapy’s volley in the 6-2 derby rout. I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet. If it has, it’s well worth a second mention.

Pat Stanton in the 95th minute,at Tynecastle,to equalise,1.1, 1975. Very vivid memory of John Brownlie crossing and then Pat scoring one of those trademark,ghosting in,headers. Ally MacLeod scored a very similar one in 78 there. Great to crush their hopes with the final kick.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Too many to pick only one 😐 impossible .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Del a Cruz vs Jumbos. Was it second minute? Screamer of a goal. Much West Stand joy

great goal, was a little late arriving to this one was playing football down at silverknowes left at half time to make the game and just got to my seat in time to see it

First Team Breakthrough Fratelli's Avatar
    As a Musselburgh boy, has to be Gordon Hunter’s winner at Tynie in August ‘94 to end that horrendous run.

Me and my mate Rab headed to the Wheatsheaf Inn to celebrate and the place was rocking with jubilant Hibbies.

A few Jambos came in and were looking for bother but they were quickly huckled out but unfortunately we were the first to leave soon after and the inevitable happened and I got a bit of a doing!

I dropped my dark green ‘Barbour’, de rigueur back in the 90’s, went back to retrieve it and got another slap for my troubles...serves me right for wearing a Barbour...!

One of the Jambos got lifted and no doubt spent the night in the cells so at least some good came of me getting a whack or 2.

Left by mutual consent!
    This might sound like a different call but McLarens header to put us 3 nil up vs Rangers, thought Easter Road was going to erupt that day.

If I ignore the obvious from David Gray I have to go for a goal scored at ER in September 1970. We beat Celtic 2-0 and Joe McBride scored both, including the one I've chosen for this thread. I was in the shed behind the goals and a cross came in from the right wing when Joe swivelled and hit a half volley like a rocket past the keeper from around the penalty spot. Not sure why I recall that one so clearly given the number of goals I've seen Hibs score but if I close my eyes I can relive it
    This is how it feels

Not a Hibs goal but Davy Coopers free kick in the 1985 League Cup 2nd leg. Great night when we had a full stand at Ibrox and of course we won on aggregate 🇳🇬

Or Gordon Hunters goal at Tynie
    Last edited by Sombrero Bob; 27-10-2020 at 08:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If I ignore the obvious from David Gray I have to go for a goal scored at ER in September 1970. We beat Celtic 2-0 and Joe McBride scored both, including the one I've chosen for this thread. I was in the shed behind the goals and a cross came in from the right wing when Joe swivelled and hit a half volley like a rocket past the keeper from around the penalty spot. Not sure why I recall that one so clearly given the number of goals I've seen Hibs score but if I close my eyes I can relive it
    remember this as well being in the shed but I thought joe was around about the D just outside the box, memory a bit clouded but I can still see it flying in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Wasn’t it Tom Hart’s first game as owner?

Archibalds goal at Tynie,McLeods retaken free kick and Duncans goal against Napoli

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    remember this as well being in the shed but I thought joe was around about the D just outside the box, memory a bit clouded but I can still see it flying in the net.
    Could have been but I'm pretty sure he was around the penalty spot. My memory ain't what it used to be though (except for the detail of the shot of course)
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    The best technique goal I have seen was a David Zitelli overhead scissors kick against Dundee at Dens Park in a Sunday night match, right in front of us it went in like a rocket.

Others that spring to mind are SDG winner in 2016, Keith in 1991 semi, both goals in 1972 League Cup Final and 7th goal on 1/1/73.
    I was thinking of that one tae we were right behind the goals going home from Dundee and all the fireworks going off it was a great night.

Also Bobby Duncan's against Napoli and the two goals in the League Cup Final by Paddy and Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Wasn’t it Tom Hart’s first game as owner?
    It was the headlines in one of the paper's was It's Hart's Hibs. We played great that day as well. The Celtic supporter next to us starting clapping when Joe scored the goal

Bobby Duncan's goal has already been mentioned - I have never forgotten Ali McGraw's goal for us at Tynecastle in the 68 Scottish League Cup semi final - he hobbled off late on in the game and hobbled back on later on to somehow force the ball over the line to take us to the final (only 1 sub allowed back back then and he had been used) ... pity there is no footage of Duncan's or McGraw's goals from back then

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Bobby Duncan from 130 yards against Dino Zoff's Napoli.
    4-1 down from the first leg against a quality outfit, we needed something special and Duncan's howitzer was the prelude to one of the greatest comebacks in European football.
    Me too. Was it not 140yds ????