hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Riordan volley at Tynecastle in a 2-1 defeat. Quite possibly the cleanest, hardest, crispest shot I've ever seen from a Hibs player. How it didn't burst the net I'll never know. Unbelievable strike.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tam McManus late winner at Killie in the Scottish Cup 1/4 Final in the late 90’s
    We were under the cosh that day, think Mixu ended up playing at centre back
    One of my favourite goals too ...rose like a salmon. Full away end too. Magic !

Two from the seventies for me: Pat Stanton’s last gasp equaliser at Tynecastle in 75 and our third goal iin the space of eight minutes) in the 76 new year derby

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOg0n_rVnA

Zemmama raking 40 yard pass to Tony Stokes playing keepie uppie in The Rangers box before lobbing the keeper.
    ridiculous ability all round and superb finish.
    This was very special

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I've seen bucket loads of goals from Hibs that stick in my memory. One of the earliest was Bobby Duncan's opening goal for us in that great comeback against Napoli. He beat the great Dino Zoff from near on the the right side of the half way line, up the hill.
    As soon as that goal went in, to make it 2-4 on aggregate, you just knew we were going to beat them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Was only 8 at the time at that game. Did we not take a big crowd that day.

Aye, sold out the whole end and some over at the other stand. See my comment on thinking the stand was going to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBreslin View Post
    Nice one

I remember Davie Farrell scoring a raker very early on against Aberdeen at Easter Road. We can’t have scored many earlier in that, we were only seconds in.

I also remember Theo Snelders letting a howler in through his legs in the same goal.

Might even have been the same game, but I can just picture them both now.

Non - Hibs one - first goal I ever saw at Hampden was Davie Cooper’s free kick in the 1987 (?) League Cup final. My mate’s dad used to get a batch of tickets for the cup finals and take a load of us through. It was quite early on, we’d arrived late and I remember making a pile of panini sticker albums that I could stand on to almost see. What a goal that was. I can also picture that one just like it was yesterday, being up at the North East of the ground on the open terracing.

I’ve had a few experiences up that end of the ground since then.

For some reason I remember this one by Archibald (1:25 in) as a cleaner strike that it was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqi-RAzWU
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    One of my favourite goals too ...rose like a salmon. Full away end too. Magic !
    Yes a worthwhile trip. Remember Killie fans wishing us all the best after the game, hoping we beat the old firm.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    For some reason I remember this one by Archibald (1:25 in) as a cleaner strike that it was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqi-RAzWU
    Remember that game as though it was last week. No way we’d get away with early penalty claim these days!

Wee Louie’s winner at Ibrox would have to be a worthy shout. Additionally, Farid El Alagui scoring the winner against that mob sticks out a lot from that same season for a few reasons. It was the game after they had just been confirmed champions and our ground was to be the party venue, oh well.

We were superb that day and while it may not go down in our folklore for years to come, you still won’t find many more convincing derby performances than that day and amazingly it only finished 2-0, phenomenal. I think that was finally the day we bought into the belief we were only at the start of something great, the events of the following 3 seasons speak for themselves. Not to mention the fact we were seriously overdue a win against them that season, bossing the 3/4 that campaign.

Farid should of achieved much more with Hibs and having been lucky to meet him on a couple of occasions only he knows that better than anyone but football can often be a cruel game. On that occasion it was his home return after what always felt like an eternity of injury. It really couldn’t of happened for a better guy than him.

When I last spoke with Farid, between the two of us it wasn’t myself who couldn’t shut up about Hibs. The passion he carries for the club is amazing, loves the team, loves the city and sees himself as a right certified gadgie now.

Couldn’t find the full highlights but here’s a clip of his winner for anyone needing to refresh the memories https://youtu.be/bIS-oJoNNvU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was 1967 and against Dunfermline at Easter Road. Peter Cormack scoring from the half way line shooting towards the 'cave' I was in the east terracing and knew that it was on target as soon as it left his boot.

Eddie May and Kano’s goals in the first half of the derby October 1987
    Great atmosphere that Day

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Spoony’s goal in December 2012 stands out too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Spoony’s goal in December 2012 stands out too.

Was this the derby? If so I agree!

Freezing night, me and my brother had taken an American friend to his first Scottish football match. In fact, his first ever association football game.

He loved the atmosphere and banter but was less enamoured with the huffy puffy action on the pitch. Then Wotherspoon scuttles up the wing below us in the East and - bam! - a winner completely out of kilter with the overall quality of the match.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Was this the derby? If so I agree!

Freezing night, me and my brother had taken an American friend to his first Scottish football match. In fact, his first ever association football game.

He loved the atmosphere and banter but was less enamoured with the huffy puffy action on the pitch. Then Wotherspoon scuttles up the wing below us in the East and - bam! - a winner completely out of kilter with the overall quality of the match.
    That’s the one 🙂

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member uwxm07's Avatar
    Pat Stanton 94 mins at the bus shelter leaps like a salmon and bullet forehead into to right hand top corner to get a 1-1 draw . Standing at the opposite end and the place erupted !
    Bus got bricked on the way back

Benji’s first to make it 2-0 in the League Cup Final, I was 12 and after being used to Hibs letting me down in cup games it was the first time in my life up to that point when I thought “Oh wow, we’re going to do this!”

David Gray in Brondby. As mental a goal celebration as you’ll ever see.

John McGinn at Ibrox. As clean a strike as you’ll ever see. Was right behind it and it was in from the moment it left his foot.

Lewis Stevenson goal at Ibrox. Mental scenes, don’t think he quite knew how he scored either.

Our really early goal against Rangers at ER too when Zemmama and Stokes linked up.

Brown's diving header in his last game for us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Not sure if anyone remembers pat mcginley scoring an overhead v Motherwell...? Looked great from the east but on seeing highlights wondered if he actually meant to aim the other way. Just found video of it and its actually not as great as I remember afterall haha, though still very good...

Also barry lavety in 2-2 derby as said earlier, watched from the east. Although hibs weren't a great team then, I found the football experience much better back then..

Kevin Thomson dribbling against celtic after celtic beat man united I think just before..

Also both Agathe goals v dundee in the 5-1 game

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Tam McManus late winner at Killie in the Scottish Cup 1/4 Final in the late 90’s
    We were under the cosh that day, think Mixu ended up playing at centre back
    Was that a header from a free kick into box? That one sticks out for me too actually

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    John O'Neill's goal vs Hearts in a 1-1 draw at Tynie while Sauzee was in charge, my first derby at Tynie, bodies flying everywhere.
    It was John O'Neil.

Not to be confused with Michael O'Neill!

There was a John O'Neill who played for Queen of the South, St Mirren, and Stirling but not Hibs.

Sparky v Dundee Utd at ER. Lovely counter attacking goal. That or King Dom’s goal v Aberdeen

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    SDG VOLLEY v SEVCO CHAMPIONSHIP AT EASTER ROAD

A thing of genuine beauty !

Testimonial Due
    Deek versus Killie 6 March 2010. We desperately needed a win to stay in the hunt for Europe. 0-0 with 12 minutes left and we get a free kick 30 yards out playing to the famous 5. Up steps Deek and hits a raker of a free kick into the goalies top left corner. Sitting in the upper tier of The Famous 5 you could hear the sound of him leathering the ball.

https://youtu.be/M424nbmc4qM

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    The second goal in the 1972 League cup final, after seeing us lose the Scottish cup final 5 months earlier and winning the Drybrough cup in August, the second goal was a thing of beauty which made me believe we would win a major trophy for the first time in 20 years

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The second goal in the 1972 League cup final, after seeing us lose the Scottish cup final 5 months earlier and winning the Drybrough cup in August, the second goal was a thing of beauty which made me believe we would win a major trophy for the first time in 20 years
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3LCUiQhME