hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

Is there one Hibs goal that sticks in your memory?

I guess for many of us the goals on 21.05.2016 will be the most popular and recent.

But apart from that is there one particular goal that you can remember more than any other?

For me it was Joe Harper against Liverpool in Europe at ER. I can’t explain why it’s that one but it’s ingrained in me. I can see Arthur Duncan beating his man and crossing the ball from the from the old enclosure side and Harper sliding in to put it in the net. Never really took to Harper as a player for Hibs but I cannot think of another goal that is such a vivid memory.

Do you have a favourite that you always recall?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Hard one as quite a few Tornadoes goals spring to mind.

I was in the upper West for that Harper goal and still remember it too.

I'm going for Stokes first goal against Sevco at Hampden in the cup final, was high above and on the same side as he cut in from, knew in advance something special was on as the sevco defence backed off.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Kenny Miller against Hearts in the Millenium Derby, it was the first one I attended. The reason that one sticks out more than the other two goals is because it was in front of the away fans.

Also Murph and Benji's against St Johnstone in extra time in 2007.

And Brown scoring a diving header against Celtic in a 2-1. Everyone in the ground knew he was going there soon but he was MoM that day and gave everything for Hibs, very professional. Would love to see highlights of that one but haven't been able to find any.

Those are some. SDG against that Greek team too. Great come back and great atmosphere

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Archie-Goal busting the Tynie Jinx (well one of them!)

Sparky hitting the fourth against Falkirk - the football Gods we’re smiling on us that second half.

Tommy McIntyre slotting home the penalty against Dunfermline - what a release of tension.

But if it’s one and only one it will forever be SDG for the absolute joy and meaning. Everything changed in that moment.

However on reflection that Goal by Deeks in the derby 35 yards v Gordon - was right behind it that on the day with my God son.

I've no idea why, it's very random but the goal that always comes to mind is a Joe Tortolano thunder bolt from outside the box away to Falkirk at the old Brockville. I'm sure it's gotten even better with age but thing about it is, we lost the game so no idea why it's stuck with me for so long.

Keatings against Falkirk at home. Essentially sealed promotion and got Falkirk off our backs.

Keith Wright v huns, LC semi final. When he jumped to head the ball, it seemed everything stood still. Magical moment.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Paul Hanson’s equaliser at Tynecastle in the 2-2 cup game. When they went 2-0 up I thought here we go again. The scenes when his shot went in both fans and players alike I will never forget. I’ve even got a photo of the the players celebrating in front of us on my “cup” wall.

Bobby Duncan from 130 yards against Dino Zoff's Napoli.
    4-1 down from the first leg against a quality outfit, we needed something special and Duncan's howitzer was the prelude to one of the greatest comebacks in European football.

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've no idea why, it's very random but the goal that always comes to mind is a Joe Tortolano thunder bolt from outside the box away to Falkirk at the old Brockville. I'm sure it's gotten even better with age but thing about it is, we lost the game so no idea why it's stuck with me for so long.
    i was in the toilet and missed it - doh....................

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Keith Wright v huns, LC semi final. When he jumped to head the ball, it seemed everything stood still. Magical moment.
    its definitely right up there - with the look on gorams face as keith keith keith rose and the ball floated over him into the net...................

Testimonial Due
    Ally McLeod's twice taken free kick v Dundee in the late 70s.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    The winner at Tynecastle in 94 that broke 22 in a row

also, Horgans second at Tynecastle was a thing of beauty

Barry Lavety's opener in the derby at Easter Road in 98. Needed a win to keep alive our slim hopes of staying up.
    Harper's winner was better but it's Lavety's goal I remember. I was only 14 but remember the east stand was utter bedlam

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I was describing that goal to my older son just a couple of weeks ago. In my, vivid, memory of it, he was about 4 or 5 yards inside the Falkirk half when he casually walked towards a headed clearance and smacked it on the volley without breaking stride. I then found it in a YouTube compilation of Joe Tortolano highlights (yes, such a think exists) and he's actually only just outside the box. It's still a spectacular strike though.

One for the over and under rated thread really, but I thought Joe was really talented, but inconsistent, and would have been far more fondly remembered if he'd played all his football for us in an attacking role. As an, old-fashioned inside left I reckon he was superb.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Keatings against Falkirk at home. Essentially sealed promotion and got Falkirk off our backs.
    Almost Messiesque in its execution

You just knew the League was won

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    League match at home against who I can’t remember but the opposing keeper came out, kicked the ball up to the halfway line. Peter Cormack trapped it and sent it straight back over the keeper’s head into the back of the net. Glorious.

Left by mutual consent!
    A goal that stands out for not much reason for me is Stephen Dobbie against Rangers at Hampden really soon after he came on to equalise.

I didn't think for a minute it would happen as nothing was going for us in that game and was about 10 mins left.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Even better that Goram punched the ball to Weir

Simon Murray vs hearts

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Bobby Duncan from 130 yards against Dino Zoff's Napoli.
    4-1 down from the first leg against a quality outfit, we needed something special and Duncan's howitzer was the prelude to one of the greatest comebacks in European football.
    Mine too. What a night

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Gordon Hunter volley from a corner down the slope v St Mirren. We won 4-3 after being 1-3 down. It’d been a crap season and the East Terrace went mad at the winner.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    What was the game Boruc made two mental mistakes against us (not even the squiggler one) sure Caldwell got booked for being a twat in front of us in the east too?

Gordon Hunter v them - right in front of me, second game for me at Tynie and an amazing feeling after (and this was mainly picked up from the other Hibees as I'd only started watching the year before).
    Danny Lennon v Sheep - Crunchie was my favourite player and I thought we'd found ourselves a second Crunchie in that game.

Hanlon @ Tynie.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    What was the game Boruc made two mental mistakes against us (not even the squiggler one) sure Caldwell got booked for being a twat in front of us in the east too?
    Shiels last minute goal from Boruc fumbling a Zemmamma shoy i think? Same game as Fletcher scored a trundler that Boruc missed.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Sean O’Hanlon’s two goals vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie. He was a terrible defender no doubt but he had an absolute stormer that night and if he’d consistently been like that he’d have been player of the season, he was that good.

I also remember hearing he was a bit of a tosser and was struck by Leigh not celebrating with him but with two other players further down the touch line.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Other than the cup wins.......

Joe McBride’s free kick at Tynie
    Darren Jackson at Anderlecht
    Chic Charnley against Celtic

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Shiels last minute goal from Boruc fumbling a Zemmamma shoy i think? Same game as Fletcher scored a trundler that Boruc missed.

Just found it and you're right. Hong Kong Theiry scored for us also. 3-2 we won. That game had everything Browns first game back at ER (Caldwell too and he scored).