hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The only game I have not been at home or away in the 00s was the last minute Gary O goal think it was 2009. I ain’t looking forward to watching on TV and feel far more relaxed live. Probably watch it from behind the sofa.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Always struggled to watch Hibs on Tele. I'm not alone in my group either. Something about being together with many others feeling the same way definitely makes things easier. Next week will be a tough watch.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get sooooo nervous late on in games we are winning. I tend to go out the room for a few minutes and walk round the house thinking the minutes will go quicker and the game will end if I don't look at the telly. 😂
    Same, especially at the moment when we're not exactly crusing games late on.

Radio's worse, was driving on Saturday and had to turn it off with 25 left. Think it's the nerves of having something to hold on to and potentially losing it, and not having the normal vocal behaviour of being at a game to deal with the emotions of it.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I feel the opposite.

I am much more emotionally invested in a match I attend in person, which accentuates both the highs and the lows.

Next level down is watching the game in a pub or any kind of group, where you create your own atmosphere.

Watching Hibs on TV is welcome in these times, but I’m just not as involved. Yesterday’s match was on while I was doing some sorting and a couple of jobs round the house.

I've found watching on the TV to be quite stale and unenjoyable really. I don't think next weekend will have that problem but on the whole I'm no where near as nervous as I would be in normal times.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    My daughter and her useless **** of a Jambo ******* partnerare staying with us. Really not looking forward to next weekend as we have everything to lose. After all we are playing a mid table lower league side.

Don't know how I will get through the weekend if the unthinkable happens. Will anyone else be watching it with one of them?

What is the sentence for pre-meditated murder these days and should I do it before or after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    My daughter and her useless **** of a Jambo ******* partnerare staying with us. Really not looking forward to next weekend as we have everything to lose. After all we are playing a mid table lower league side.

Don't know how I will get through the weekend if the unthinkable happens. Will anyone else be watching it with one of them?

What is the sentence for pre-meditated murder these days and should I do it before or after the game?

It would only be pre-meditated if you did it before the game.

If we lose, he starts taking the p1ss and you then murder him, that would be in the heat of the moment and the extenuating circumstances would be taken into account.

...from Big K, Bar-L
    Last edited by Keith_M; 26-10-2020 at 07:45 AM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    It would only be pre-meditated if you did it before the game.

If we lose, he starts taking the p1ss and you then murder him, that would be in the heat of the moment and the extenuating circumstances would be taken into account.

...from Big K, Bar-L
    Maybe not if he's posted about doing it in the build up to the game.
    Mon the Hibs.

I'll struggle to even watch the game on Saturday. Bag of nerves already and only Monday. Might do something else and fleetingly check the score.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Maybe not if he's posted about doing it in the build up to the game.

Perhaps, but I'm sure he could make it look like an accident... if he really tried.

"I'll forgive all your cheek if you clean the windaes now. "

"...Oh dear, who spilt butter all over the windae ledge."

@hibs.net private member
    On Friday night I must have been thinking about the game so much that I had a strange dream, I wasn't even at the game in my dream, I was in the Hibs club before the game having a pint and banter with the guys I only see on match days, guys who like me are getting away from the partners for a while and talking about something we all have in common.

It was a strange feeling wakening up and realizing that I wasn't really in the Hibs club before the game that it was just a dream, disappointing, but that is what I am looking forward to most not just seeing the game but meeting up with the guys that I see on match days.

During the game I was so frustrated the buffering on the service was so bad during the first half that I felt like walking away from the screen, then during the second half the service was better, but watching a match that had so much importance being played in an empty stadium felt surreal. I don't think I'll ever get used to watching matches like this, football without fan's is pretty meaningless IMO

Testimonial Due
    Been living away from Edinburgh for 5 years with occasional trip home. So been a Hibs TV international subscriber for over 5 years.
    It has been a nerve wracking experience often watching from under the sheets - we are 7/8 hours ahead. Derbies are bad but the most nerve racking was cup semi versus Dundee U. At full time I could not watch anymore. Went to the corner pub to listen to a live band. Watched the score and penalty shoot out through a text feed and got throughly blutered.

The 2-2 at Tynie. I put my pajamas on when we went 2-0 down. At 2-1 I got a text from a friend: "Yaaas". Knew what was coming. Put clothes back on and off to the pub again.

This Saturday game kicks off at 1am here. So another viewing under the sheets😳.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It’s going to be strange viewing a semi final and a derby from a deserted Hampden this Saturday. Not really given the game much thought, but had we been going the travel plans will have been made, the meet up with friends arranged and generally will already be excited about the occasion and counting the days and hours before the big day.
    Instead, it will be tuning in 5 minutes before kick off and probably open a beer, but right now it’s hard to get too worked up about it. Sure that will change as the game kicks off but so far I’ve not got into too much stress viewing on TV. Actually fell asleep for 10 minutes during an earlier game broadcast on Hibs pass which has never happened at a live game (yet). Can’t see a repeat of that though on Saturday.

It's nuts that, considering his record so far, Jack Ross still hasn't had the full Sunshine on Leith treatment. Saturday could've been that day .

Quote Originally Posted by Latapy'sVolley View Post
    It's nuts that, considering his record so far, Jack Ross still hasn't had the full Sunshine on Leith treatment. Saturday could've been that day .

If we win on Saturday, I'll be standing outside Hampden singing SoL (on my own) at the end of the game.

Well, this weekend is sure to be anxiety inducing... 🙃

I'm unfortunately used to watching Hibs on TV/live streams, so I'd say I find it more nerve racking going through to the game. I always feel like a lot is riding on it because it's not often I get to see us in person, making the result all that much more important to me.

During lockdown I got a call from Darren McGregor, which he ended by saying he'd like to get me up to the semi final and put a face to the name. What I'd give to be at Hampden next weekend, getting the VIP treatment from Daz. Instead I'll be in my wee gaff, shouting at a TV like a lunatic, whilst my girlfriend looks on bemused.

Ah well, such is life. 😭

It's just not the same, even when we score I don't celebrate like I would at Easter Road but that will change Saturday.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    It's just not the same, even when we score I don't celebrate like I would at Easter Road but that will change Saturday.
    Do you not even go under the stairs for a singsong at half time?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    One thing that is much better when viewing at home, you can abuse the opposition much worse than you ever could sitting in the stadium.

To be fair, that's only happened when we played the huns, and i'd have been given many life bans for things i shouted at the telly that game.

I feel Saturday's game may top that a few times over.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I hate watching Hibs on TV, but after over 30 years in Engurlund, I don't get to go to games that often. I end up tense and over Stella'd. If things are going well it is fine, but I've seen so many crap or close games, I had to find a coping therapy.

It is the same one I use when Engurlund are in the later stages of tournaments. I go hide in the loo and sure enough, when I come out England have lost or Hibs have won.

I even had my wedding reception on May 21 2016.....

This time I am in Lanzarote and hoping not to find anywhere showing the game. Should be an easy win for the Hibs then!!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do you not even go under the stairs for a singsong at half time?

Sneak into the toilet for a crafty half time gasper.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Sneak into the toilet for a crafty half time gasper.
    I don't smoke in the house so I used to nip outside for a fag or two at half time (I managed to stop smoking almost a year ago).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'll struggle to even watch the game on Saturday. Bag of nerves already and only Monday. Might do something else and fleetingly check the score.
    I never handle watching Hibs on tv, well. I'll spend more time pacing up and down the floor, yelling at the tele, willing us to keep them out, than sitting doon.
    Can't even contemplate losing this one.

Ach, Hibs on telly leaves me feeling a bit cold. You can never beat the experience of excitement of being at a game. There’s little or no connection to the players and other supporters when your watching on telly.

And behind closed doors games make it even worse

Even if we cuff them on Saturday, I will probably feel a bit cheated that we didn’t get the chance to lord it over them.

Ach weel

@hibs.net private member
    I'm that bad, if I'm watching a stream, I'll end up watching the "in-play" page of a bookies site as the stream will be a minute behind the bookies

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I can’t stand derbies on the telly. At least at the game you can share your angst with other folk.

My 18 month old daughter and wife just don’t share it.

First Team Regular
    finding this thread strangely comforting. I find watching Hibs on TV painful; i watch lots of football and enjoy watching almost any other team. Somehow watching Hibs is too tense.