hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Hibs Supporters Donations.

Someone asked me why the club prefer any cash donations to go via HSL rather than direct to the club.

I did not know, but it was suggested that One of the reasons was that donations via HSL meant they would get the full donation, whereas if direct to the club they would lose 20% of it through VAT.

Anybody know if the above is true, or it is Tom Kite?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone asked me why the club prefer any cash donations to go via HSL rather than direct to the club.

I did not know, but it was suggested that One of the reasons was that donations via HSL meant they would get the full donation, whereas if direct to the club they would lose 20% of it through VAT.

Hmmmm

Do I assume from the lack of replies that nobody knows?

It's true FF.

Same as the membership schemes that Rangers and Aberdeen are doing, they get taxed, HSL and FOH don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As far as I’m aware there would be no tax due on a cash donation in return for nothing at all. It’s when the freebies come into it with AberDNA and MyGers that the VAT is payable.

Donating via HSL does mean you get the Francks associated with however much you’re looking to contribute but I don’t think a simple cash donation to the club would incur any tax deductions.

Fans looking to make one off donations directly to the club are invited to email commercial@hibernianfc.co.uk on the club website.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 26-10-2020 at 05:43 PM.