hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Turned into a bit of a *****y thread hasn’t it? A full squad would be a good thing next week Im certain of that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Doig will 100% be Stevenson's long term replacement and he isn't an imposter like the countless other players before him.

I'm also not saying I think he's bad at defending, or positionally. All I'm saying is I think Stevenson is better at those parts of the game. And with a game as massive as a semi final derby I'd feel much more comfortable if Stevenson started.

So if it's coming across as I think Doig is rank, then it's honestly far from that. Just not sure he's ready to start big games yet.

Obviously if he does start I hope he scores a hat-trick and assists another five.
    I’m not saying that you are being overly critical of Doig. But I don’t think our defensive record, or results, show that Stevenson is much better at the things you mention.

I think it was very obvious, at Parkhead, that Doig needed to come off and it was good that Lewis could come on and he did well. But I also think Doig has improved us in a position that needed improved, based on last season.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m not saying that you are being overly critical of Doig. But I don’t think our defensive record, or results, show that Stevenson is much better at the things you mention.

I think it was very obvious, at Parkhead, that Doig needed to come off and it was good that Lewis could come on and he did well. But I also think Doig has improved us in a position that needed improved, based on last season.
    Definitely.

And competition for places is always healthy. Especially in a position we've been lacking that in for a number of years.

Hope Lewis is ok. Doug is great talent and gives us more drive forward, Lewis is tighter defensively. Pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Hope Lewis is ok. Doug is great talent and gives us more drive forward, Lewis is tighter defensively. Pros and cons.
    I agree. Lewis is definitely more defensive minded. Josh is better going forward and is quicker. In the two games I've seen Hearts they look poor defensively. I'd be inclined to play Josh even if Lewis was fit.

Lewis had a good half yesterday and Doig has impressed me so far this season.

It’s not a position I’m worried about. None are.

It’ll be a tough game but we’re in good shape for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Apparently we've conceded 1 goal, an OG, from open play all season in the league outwith Celtic and Rangers. If true it kinda makes me your earlier point mute.

I think you mean 'moot'.

(you're welcome)

Ffs, its a championship team that got expungigated cos they were crap and were absolute useless against Arbroath, and were worrying Doig might not be upto it, come on.

Stevenson, Boyle, Newell and McGinn all going to miss semi-final through injury
    😉😉😉...

I would play Stevenson against Rangers, Celtic & Aberdeen.
    I would play Doig against all other Scottish teams including the current Hearts team.
    So Doig for Saturday

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I would play Stevenson against Rangers, Celtic & Aberdeen.
    I would play Doig against all other Scottish teams including the current Hearts team.
    So Doig for Saturday
    I think you simply go for your best team and those on form. Lewis if fit has the jersey for now, regardless of opposition.

If injured, absolutely, Doig comes in. Otherwise, can only see Josh starting in the game v Dundee in the LC at home. The other added advantage if Lewis is injured is Josh having played regularly on the Hampden pitch when at Queen's Park. I'm comfortable with either but prefer Lewis for the semi final given his experience of the fixture.