hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those Killie TV commentators were brutal. Now, I don't expect them to recognise our players every time but you would think that they would at least recognise the Killie players.

And as for the Hallberg incident at the end, you can clearly sees that he slips an accidentally brings down the Killie player, one of the commentators said he went in two-footed.

I believe one of them was the current National Team Manager's brother
    I’m not sure they were watching pictures like we were mind you, as ***** as the ALBA pictures are while the director goes all focused on us. The commentary was live, they were doing radio too and they said at the start they weren’t seeing replays. I’ve heard Clive get plenty Hibs names wrong and I can only imagine what opposition listeners might think of it. And I never seen Hallberg slip until I seen it a second time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    A great 3 points given Killie's form and that horrible pitch.

But we have a load of things to improve on. We are allowing too many balls into our box, we have a nasty habit of giving away silly free kicks in bad areas with the otherwise excellent Gogic particularly culpable. We need to pass better pretty well all over the park because it's leading to us giving the ball away far too often and we need to start converting more of the chances we make.

But when you see so many fixable deficiencies and we are still getting results it's pretty positive stuff ... start improving in these areas even by 50% and we will win far more than we lose.
    Dunno if you've noticed but we are already winning far more than we lose despite these so called glaring deficiencies?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Dunno if you've noticed but we are already winning far more than we lose despite these so called glaring deficiencies?
    Yup, if you include the cup games Ross's win ratio must be mighty impressive.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Indeed we are but the observations are valid. Lots to be optimistic about though.

I’ve only just realised that yesterday’s win means we have opened a 10 point gap to Killie in 5th. That’s yuge.

Thought Doidge was much better than he had been in recent weeks maybe a month or so and hope he can find the back of the net again soon.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Thought Doidge was much better than he had been in recent weeks maybe a month or so and hope he can find the back of the net again soon.
    Agree thought he was good oooked more like himself. Goals will come soon that is for sure. If we can get both Boyle and Doidge firing some teams are going to take a hammering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Jack Ross singling him out for a bit of extra praise saying he was superb and his all round contribution yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Jack Ross singling him out for a bit of extra praise saying he was superb and his all round contribution yesterday!

Sounds like a managers comment, looking to give his player confidence when he’s not scoring goals.

Hat trick v the muck please.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Sounds like a managers comment, looking to give his player confidence when he’s not scoring goals.

Hat trick v the muck please.
    Indeed but he got us the penalty. What I’d give for a 2 yard scuffed screamer that just breaks the whitewash