hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    From Hibs twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

Let’s crush Los Yambolinos

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs and Hearts now both in third place.

Great for football in the city

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Causewayside PR View Post
    Fantastic result- not to sniffed at getting 3 points from Rugby Park.
    Thought we were very well organised without the ball and defended well.
    BUT thought we were murder with it. Felt like it was always a matter of time before we gave the ball away. We need to be more confident with the ball and play out of defence better and take care of the ball a lot better.
    Pretty much how I saw it as well. Delighted with the result but definite room and need for improvement in taking and creating chances. A couple of players not in greatest of form.

Next week ideal opportunity to put it all together and score a few.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Watched the game from half time onwards. Were pretty sloppy just after half time but calmed down a bit as the game went on. Created good chance but never took them, definitely have to improve on that. Newell my MOTM from what I seen of it. Great result nonetheless & on to the big one next week!

Kick on hibs.

We weren’t brilliant but we were comfortable. Marciano had very little to do. Good result.

Spanked Ross County last week and only got a point so delighted with today's win however we got it

@hibs.net private member
    Decent enough performance against an inform team on a nightmare of a pitch.
    At the time it looked to me that the ref wasn't going to give the penalty but the linesman told him penalty in his earpiece.
    Well taken by Nisbet.
    Said it before that plastic pitches have no place in top flight football.
    Kilmarnock player got what looked like a serious injury Forfar player same when we played them.
    Looks like Stevenson injured today , glad no one else got a sore one bring on the Championship's 3rd best team.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Decent enough performance against an inform team on a nightmare of a pitch.
    At the time it looked to me that the ref wasn't going to give the penalty but the linesman told him penalty in his earpiece.
    Well taken by Nisbet.
    Said it before that plastic pitches have no place in top flight football.
    Kilmarnock player got what looked like a serious injury Forfar player same when we played them.
    Looks like Stevenson injured today , glad no one else got a sore one bring on the Championship's 3rd best team.
    Is the prevalence of injuries more on artificial surfaces?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Is the prevalence of injuries more on artificial surfaces?
    Will be a really difficult question to answer, as players play differently on both surfaces

Definite penalty. Watching it on Alba

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Definite penalty. Watching it on Alba

Definitely kicked out at Doidge. Penalty taken very well by Nisbet

Not a great game, TBF.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Definitely kicked out at Doidge. Penalty taken very well by Nisbet

Not a great game, TBF.
    Nisbet is an excellent penalty taker.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

A great 3 points given Killie's form and that horrible pitch.

But we have a load of things to improve on. We are allowing too many balls into our box, we have a nasty habit of giving away silly free kicks in bad areas with the otherwise excellent Gogic particularly culpable. We need to pass better pretty well all over the park because it's leading to us giving the ball away far too often and we need to start converting more of the chances we make.

But when you see so many fixable deficiencies and we are still getting results it's pretty positive stuff ... start improving in these areas even by 50% and we will win far more than we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

But we have a load of things to improve on. We are allowing too many balls into our box, we have a nasty habit of giving away silly free kicks in bad areas with the otherwise excellent Gogic particularly culpable. We need to pass better pretty well all over the park because it's leading to us giving the ball away far too often and we need to start converting more of the chances we make.

But when you see so many fixable deficiencies and we are still getting results it's pretty positive stuff ... start improving in these areas even by 50% and we will win far more than we lose.
    We just need to morph into Bayern Munich. Simples.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I really enjoyed the game, well as much as you can on that pitch.

We look a very competent side at the moment - organised and disciplined, hard to beat and creative going forward. Would like to see Doidge and Nisbet in the box more, and to see us a little more clinical when we get chances but that’s easier said than done (and stating the obvious, to be fair).

We seem to have hit a level of consistency in performance where we are pretty comfortable in games, the goalkeeper doesn’t have much to do and we keep the opposition at arm’s length for much of the game.

Killie are, imho, better than Hearts - we should be very confident going into next week’s game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    We just need to morph into Bayern Munich. Simples.
    Well not really .... all we need to do is improve on some of the basics that anybody being paid to play the game should take for granted.

Ball control
    Straightforward passing
    Basic decision making

On that last point. Near the end we had a breakaway where the Hibs player in possession had time to look up as the Killie defence backed off .... on his left he had a Hibs player with two defenders on him and on his right a Hibs player bombing past him with only one Killie player on him who was in little position to challenge. Only he will be able to explain why he chose to pass to his left rather than choose the player on his right with far more opportunity to be in on goal and I bet a pound to a penny Jack Ross will be asking that player exactly the same question on Monday morning.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Shame for Dikamona, but he clearly raises his knee into Doidge as he jumps, karma is a bitch....��

speaking about his injury rather than the penalty incident

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

I'm not using this comparison to say that we're going to win the league - because we aren't - but how we play reminds me of Leicester's 15/16 winning squad.

We can win ugly, we can win by playing some lovely football but the point about letting balls come into the box is interesting. They had a commanding presence in Wes Morgan who won everything in the air so they weren't as bothered as balls coming into the box as they knew they could deal with it, which gave the wide players that little bit more confidence in going forward. We have two of those players in Hanlon and Porteous and excellent full backs in Paul McGinn, Josh Doig and Lewis Stevenson.

Similarly, they had ****e and Drinkwater who put in a hell of a shift in the middle of the park, could break up play and get it to Mahrez, Vardy etc. quickly as well as offer those back two extra protection if the wide players are caught forward.

We have that player in Gogic, a player in Newell who is able to make great passes and get the ball up the field and strikers like Doidge and Nisbet who can take the ball to feet or in the air. Add the pace of Boyle who will create danger and the trickery of Murphy and it's a versatile attack.

Crosses coming into our box isn't as big an issue as it would have been in previous seasons - it's meat and gravy for Hanlon and Porteous and what we could gain from limiting crosses into the box would hinder ourselves in other areas of the pitch.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm not using this comparison to say that we're going to win the league - because we aren't - but how we play reminds me of Leicester's 15/16 winning squad.

We can win ugly, we can win by playing some lovely football but the point about letting balls come into the box is interesting. They had a commanding presence in Wes Morgan who won everything in the air so they weren't as bothered as balls coming into the box as they knew they could deal with it, which gave the wide players that little bit more confidence in going forward. We have two of those players in Hanlon and Porteous and excellent full backs in Paul McGinn, Josh Doig and Lewis Stevenson.

Similarly, they had ****e and Drinkwater who put in a hell of a shift in the middle of the park, could break up play and get it to Mahrez, Vardy etc. quickly as well as offer those back two extra protection if the wide players are caught forward.

We have that player in Gogic, a player in Newell who is able to make great passes and get the ball up the field and strikers like Doidge and Nisbet who can take the ball to feet or in the air. Add the pace of Boyle who will create danger and the trickery of Murphy and it's a versatile attack.

Crosses coming into our box isn't as big an issue as it would have been in previous seasons - it's meat and gravy for Hanlon and Porteous and what we could gain from limiting crosses into the box would hinder ourselves in other areas of the pitch.
    I was discussing that season with my brother the other day. The one thing that Leicester also had in their favour was it being a season where none of the bigger clubs could put together an unbeaten run, all of them gave up points in games they would have been expected to win. I'm never going to expect that in Scotland with the uglies. But I wish a few of the other teams would start taking points off Aberdeen more regularly, its not as if they are bloody world beaters.

How the hell does Kabamba escape a booking for that blatant dive on the edge of the box at 56 minutes in 🤔

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    How the hell does Kabamba escape a booking for that blatant dive on the edge of the box at 56 minutes in 🤔
    Wonder how many fouls he committed today

Well not really .... all we need to do is improve on some of the basics that anybody being paid to play the game should take for granted.

Ball control
    Straightforward passing
    Basic decision making

On that last point. Near the end we had a breakaway where the Hibs player in possession had time to look up as the Killie defence backed off .... on his left he had a Hibs player with two defenders on him and on his right a Hibs player bombing past him with only one Killie player on him who was in little position to challenge. Only he will be able to explain why he chose to pass to his left rather than choose the player on his right with far more opportunity to be in on goal and I bet a pound to a penny Jack Ross will be asking that player exactly the same question on Monday morning.
    The player on the right was Gogic, probably reason enough for passing left. I’d imagine they were in a state of shock that he was so far up the park that late in the day.

I was discussing that season with my brother the other day. The one thing that Leicester also had in their favour was it being a season where none of the bigger clubs could put together an unbeaten run, all of them gave up points in games they would have been expected to win. I'm never going to expect that in Scotland with the uglies. But I wish a few of the other teams would start taking points off Aberdeen more regularly, its not as if they are bloody world beaters.

Wish Hibs would start taking points off Aberdeen!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder how many fouls he committed today
    he did seem to be unbookable today....

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    he did seem to be unbookable today....
    Bloody was like

4 fouls in the first 15-20 minutes, not talking to

He got away with murder today

@hibs.net private member
    Those Killie TV commentators were brutal. Now, I don't expect them to recognise our players every time but you would think that they would at least recognise the Killie players.

And as for the Hallberg incident at the end, you can clearly sees that he slips an accidentally brings down the Killie player, one of the commentators said he went in two-footed.

I believe one of them was the current National Team Manager's brother

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Those Killie TV commentators were brutal. Now, I don't expect them to recognise our players every time but you would think that they would at least recognise the Killie players.

And as for the Hallberg incident at the end, you can clearly sees that he slips an accidentally brings down the Killie player, one of the commentators said he went in two-footed.

I believe one of them was the current National Team Manager's brother
    Are you talking about Jack and Victor?

Made Hun TV look like Songs of Praise

Biased or what?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Are you talking about Jack and Victor?

Made Hun TV look like Songs of Praise

Biased or what?
    Just a tad!

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    The biggest thing I took from today, is that, how long will it be before plastic pitches are outlawed? At least in the top league. 25% of the SPFL clubs have them, rips my knitting.