@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

European Premier League.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I presume they'll wait for Hearts to be back in the top flight, or do you think they'll just invite them anyway because they're special and that?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    All about money, money, money. It's a rich clubs world.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I presume they'll wait for Hearts to be back in the top flight, or do you think they'll just invite them anyway because they're special and that?
    Spot on. Couldn't start it without 'The Famous'

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Explains why they were trying to reduce the number of clubs in the EPL as thst would have msde it easier to fit in the Euro Prem Lge fixtures

Everything that’s wrong about modern day football. Greed and only a few elite or mega rich clubs wanting even more. Prefer to watch Hibs any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Completely inevitable. Why else would Sky enable richer clubs to get richer whilst others go to the wall?

All fed through the greed and craving of the precious TV deal dosh...

Clubs go to the wall leaving Sky (ever the King-makers as we know in Scotland and they have multiple fingers in multiple pies) to be waiting in the wings to dictate the setup that suits them... less clubs = bigger share for those remaining.

I’ve long argued that football authorities have been asleep at the wheel - favouring increased income whilst neglecting the very sustainability of the game (which should be at the forefront) warning signs constantly ignored.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Consolidation of power and wealth permanently in the hands of a handful of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    The irony of this rearing it’s head again less than a week after ‘Operation Big Picture’ gets bulleted won’t be lost on many, or perhaps its just pure coincidence ! 😉

So are they suggesting that the teams would only compete in a european league, or would it be midweek european games, and domestic games at weekends?

The greed is sickening

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Modern football is absolutely ***** and all about the handful of clubs in each country making sure they are the richest clubs and **** the rest of us. Only a matter of time before the big clubs tell uefa and FIFA to boot and set up their own league playing each other and no longer playing in their home association. Far fetched? Not to my mind. May take a few years but that will happen

Once again the rich get richer. FIFA are backing this. Like the champions league teams who fail are getting free money. A European Premier league should be for champions not teams finishing 4th in their league. They are also saying that certain clubs will have a protected status and not be relegated. Count me out.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve posted on here many times about the inevitability of this. The greed of the owners of Real, Man Utd etc knows no bounds. The only twist is the involvement of FIFA who will be delighted to get control of this cash cow from UEFA who they have been envious of for years.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Does anyone know more about the FIFA vs UEFA angle on this?

Is it a power move by FIFA to get more control over club football?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    i presume they'll wait for hearts to be back in the top flight, or do you think they'll just invite them anyway because they're special and that?
    maroon pound

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    maroon pound
    Ignore at your peril 🤭

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I’ve posted on here many times about the inevitability of this. The greed of the owners of Real, Man Utd etc knows no bounds. The only twist is the involvement of FIFA who will be delighted to get control of this cash cow from UEFA who they have been envious of for years.
    A breakaway is inevitable and the only surprise for me is that it hasn't happened yet.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It's at times like this that "special relationships" come into their own. Having a self proclaimed one with liverpool at the same time as stiffing them by listing them on your very own creditors list counts for something.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    maroon pound
    Macaroon pound surely? Pleasant taste, bad for you by the pound, it actually exists and has some relevance in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’d love to see a massive backlash from fans of clubs not involved in this, a campaign to not watch any games. Starve the tv companies of subscribers, cancel existing subscriptions etc.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’d love to see a massive backlash from fans of clubs not involved in this, a campaign to not watch any games. Starve the tv companies of subscribers, cancel existing subscriptions etc.
    Wouldn't matter. They'll play them in the middle of the night and make twice as much from US and China.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Wouldn't matter. They'll play them in the middle of the night and make twice as much from US and China.
    Probably.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    All of the excluded clubs in these leagues should sign a pact to refuse to do any transfer dealings etc with these clubs from now on - a complete embargo. What a sickening level of greed and honestly wish for every single one of those teams who sign up to go to the wall.

Luckily, we in Scottish Football can sit back with the popcorn and watch the whole thing kick off, but this must be super worrying if you are e.g. a Wolves, Newcastle, Everton or Valencia fan...! Would completely kill a lot of these big-money leagues and take the bloated upper-middle market crashing out of existence.

Hibs to pick up the likes of James Rodriguez and Traore when it all does?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    And who exactly owns Real Madrid. They are run by a president who is chosen by the fans who own most of the shares in the club. Completely different to clubs like Inter, PSG, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc...

Very much looking forward to the rage and anger when the bigot twins find out they’re not being invited to play.

Sounds hideous

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Very much looking forward to the rage and anger when the bigot twins find out they’re not being invited to play.
    I don't like either of them particularly but Sevco are especially loathsome. I'd love to see Celtic invited and Sevco not. The rage would immense to see......

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    So is this league instead of the Champions League, cause there’s no way there are enough dates in the Calendar for both

May as well, create an almost NFL style super league to sit at the top and maybe the national leagues underneath return to more of an even keel.

From a Scottish point of view, what they get up to is almost irrelevant, but it would presumably lead to less daft money artificially flowing through the English pyramid, might stop us being outbid for players by clubs in League 1 etc, as all the crazy money is concentrated on the 18 super clubs, with no incentive to buy random English clubs, unable to break into the cartel at the top.