hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely Budge will once again go down the saving Scottish football path, demand no promotion at all then also force her way to the head of a task force to deliver an alternative a few years down the line with nothing substantive at all required in the short term.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    I’d certainly like to think so mate, they are of course the bastions of fair play, no club should be punished due to the pandemic.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Surely Budge will once again go down the saving Scottish football path, demand no promotion at all then also force her way to the head of a task force to deliver an alternative a few years down the line with nothing substantive at all required in the short term.

Absolutely on the money my good amigo.See you soon as you can come up safely.

GGTTH

BIG G

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Of course all clubs serve themselves and that’s exactly what hearts did. They did however spin it as a gallant fight to do what was right for Scottish football. They are most likely to be the team in the position that Dundee Utd were in last season and we all know how far they went “for the good of the game” taking the opposing stance this time will show them up for the hypocrites they are.

You're right that it would show them up but no one would really be surprised. They have zero shame

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    The only fair thing would be no promotions or relegations...
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You're right that it would show them up but no one would really be surprised. They have zero shame
    Never was a truer word spoken.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Absolutely on the money my good amigo.See you soon as you can come up safely.

GGTTH

BIG G
    Cheers my friend. Will look forward to it.What a year.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

My OP was intended just for the Premiership with my green specs on. I don't give a monkey's what they do with all the lower level clubs in the lower leagues.

Just keep the hertz relegated and all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Of course all clubs serve themselves and that’s exactly what hearts did. They did however spin it as a gallant fight to do what was right for Scottish football. They are most likely to be the team in the position that Dundee Utd were in last season and we all know how far they went “for the good of the game” taking the opposing stance this time will show them up for the hypocrites they are.
    Let's look at what serves the interests of each club.

Obviously it's in the interests of Hearts to get promoted.

But it is in the interests of the other nine clubs in that particular lower league to vote to keep Hearts down as it means they'll get a proper season of the maroon pound, assuming crowds are allowed for 21/22.

Similarly it is in the interests of the clubs in the bottom two divisions to keep Hearts eligible for the Challenge Cup so they'll have a chance of drawing the maroon pound.

It is also in the interests of the bottom eight in the Premiership to vote to keep Hearts down, as the lack of the maroon pound means it's a level playing field in the race for a top six finish.

That leaves us, Aberdeen and the Ugly Sisters who wouldn't be affected but it's in the interests of those four clubs to support the other clubs in Scottish football.

Sad, isn't it?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Let's look at what serves the interests of each club.

Obviously it's in the interests of Hearts to get promoted.

But it is in the interests of the other nine clubs in that particular lower league to vote to keep Hearts down as it means they'll get a proper season of the maroon pound, assuming crowds are allowed for 21/22.

Similarly it is in the interests of the clubs in the bottom two divisions to keep Hearts eligible for the Challenge Cup so they'll have a chance of drawing the maroon pound.

It is also in the interests of the bottom eight in the Premiership to vote to keep Hearts down, as the lack of the maroon pound means it's a level playing field in the race for a top six finish.

That leaves us, Aberdeen and the Ugly Sisters who wouldn't be affected but it's in the interests of those four clubs to support the other clubs in Scottish football.

Sad, isn't it?

Hearts need to go down another division to give the people what they want - the M8 derby.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Hearts need to go down another division to give the people what they want - the M8 derby.
    Works for me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    C'Mon the members, a simple majority will do

Obviously due attention will be paid to the Hearts/Inverness brotherhood, Patrick's director and Stranraer.

Democracy must prevail.

Last edited by Bostonhibby; 23-10-2020 at 02:03 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby