hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next 4 league games

Away to Killie
    Away to Aberdeen
    Home to Celtic
    Away to Motherwell

4 huge games going into Christmas, how many points do you think we will take from these games? 9 points and we put ourselves into a fantastic position.

Dropping 2 points yesterday could come back to haunt us later in the season but we need to get back on track ready for Rugby Park next Saturday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Aberdeen game at Pittodrie is massive but we can't afford to slip up at Kilmarnock or Motherwell.

However this season we have the talent and determination that make me think eight points.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

1 game at a time

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 game at a time
    Sweet Jesus.

(one for the oldies) 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Sweet Jesus.

(one for the oldies) 😉
    Lena Martell what a chanter !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    1 game at a time

Left by mutual consent!
    Wow. What a hard five games coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Away to Killie
    Away to Aberdeen
    Home to Celtic
    Away to Motherwell

4 huge games going into Christmas, how many points do you think we will take from these games? 9 points and we put ourselves into a fantastic position.

Dropping 2 points yesterday could come back to haunt us later in the season but we need to get back on track ready for Rugby Park next Saturday.
    I'd bite your hand off for 9 points from that run of games. I'd go as far as to say that 9 points from those, if it includes 3 points at Pittodrie would put us 3rd.

Realistically 4-6 points I think.

We'll bounce back after yesterday. Thankfully Ross County couldn't punish us for our wasted chances. Think the Aberdeen game will be a completely different story to last time round (akin to 3-0 last season). Celtic will be very tricky as we seem to be the only team they can raise their game against this year 🙄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'd bite your hand off for 9 points from that run of games. I'd go as far as to say that 9 points from those, if it includes 3 points at Pittodrie would put us 3rd.

Realistically 4-6 points I think.
    I'd take 6 points if it included a win or even draw at Aberdeen. Looks like a massive month of football as Killie are not too far back and Aberdeen may well be above us given the games in hand. Yesterday was an opportunity missed

Need a positive result next week so that we go in to the semi final in a good place. Was pretty annoyed that we didn’t win yesterday but if we create as many chances next week, I’d be pretty confident that we’ll put the ball in the net and win the game.

Seven points is the minimum requirement from that run IMO.

Sweet Jesus can we no just take one game at a time, see where the journey takes us.

I would take five points now. Maybe three if they were all from draws

@hibs.net private member
    If we're serious about challenging for 3rd, then we should not be getting less than 7 points from those games. If we're happy to be a midtable team yet again, then 3-4 points will keep us ticking along.

Our record against that 4 from the first round of games was 4 points so if we got 5 I would see that as a pretty decent haul. Mind you, if you offered me nil points and a cup final from that period I might very well bite your hand off

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I would take five points now. Maybe three if they were all from draws
    That's a grim outlook.

That said, I'd take 6 if 3 of them were from beating Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Those 4 plus the semi is quite an incredible run of games. Killie, Aberdeen, and Motherwell(not the best start) are most likely to be the 3 we end up battling it out with if we're still in the hunt for Europe.

Even winning one, and drawing the other 2 would be good going and if combined with a win at Hampden would be a lovely month.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Tough and I mean physically tough run of games and certainly could do without any more injuries. Killie on a good run of wins will be tough but think we will edge it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’d take 7 in a heartbeat, especially if the draw is at Pittodrie. Even 5 would be a decent return, if the defeat was Celtic.

I do think Celtic could be there for the taking at ER though.

Realistically we need at least 7 points if we are still looking at finishing 3rd.
    Wins against the 2 smaller teams and at least avoiding defeat against Aberdeen.

Out of the first 11 games we have had 5 at home and 6 away.

Next 4 we have 1 home and 3 away.

So we will be on 6 and 9 respectively.

If we can get points from these upcoming fixtures then we are in a pretty good place considering that we will have at least 10 home games and only 8 at most away until the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Out of the first 11 games we have had 5 at home and 6 away.

Next 4 we have 1 home and 3 away.

So we will be on 6 and 9 respectively.

If we can get points from these upcoming fixtures then we are in a pretty good place considering that we will have at least 10 home games and only 8 at most away until the split.
    How can this sort of set up be seen as fair in a season when the authorities know we might not get the full complement of games in. Should be keeping each team as close to balanced as is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    How can this sort of set up be seen as fair in a season when the authorities know we might not get the full complement of games in. Should be keeping each team as close to balanced as is possible
    We would have been at home on the weekend of the semi final so we would have had two home games and two away games in our next four league games if it wasn't for that.

I will say 1pt

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We have to play them all at some point and we know we have a good team with a good manager.

They’ll also be looking at us and thinking “that’s a big game for us”, no need to not take confidence into those games.

Seven points and I’ll be happy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    D
    D
    D
    W

6 points nae bother. Could sneak wins against Kille or Aberdeen, though out track record against the Dons is honkin'.

If we’re serious about top 3 then we can’t lose either of our next 2 and we really should be winning at least 2 of the 4 games

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Again, and being completely serious here, I'd take crushing defeats in all four if we won the semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If we’re serious about top 3 then we can’t lose either of our next 2 and we really should be winning at least 2 of the 4 games
    we just need to beat Aberdeen and draws with killie and Well will do me

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    we just need to beat Aberdeen and draws with killie and Well will do me
    Aberdeen play Celtic on Sunday. Hopefully we’re back in third by the time they play. We’d then go to Pittodrie with the chance to open up a decent gap. Big game this Saturday. We could also be doing with getting a win going in to the semi final. Form has dropped off a bit over the last month.