hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 77

Thread: Is it just me

  1. #1

    Is it just me

    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Created loads. Football has been fine. You expecting an excellent team in less than a year from Ross?

  4. #3
    I was quite pissed off that we didnít win today. We should have won comfortably.

    But some posts are so over the top. Imagine if we were actually failing to accumulate points!

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    25,237
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    No, itís not.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,165
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    I disagree with everything youíve said. Weíve got plenty going forward, have scored more goals than anyone else outside the OF and have made a great start to the season. Plenty to be optimistic about.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    15,027
    Would much rather be in the Championship with Smashing Dundee in all honesty.

  8. #7
    We don't create anything, just the 28 shots at goal and we had the chances to win that game easily so nope disagree. Probably most already discussed on the match thread tbh

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    Yes it is just you can close the thread now

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with everything youíve said. Weíve got plenty going forward, have scored more goals than anyone else outside the OF and have made a great start to the season. Plenty to be optimistic about.
    Spot on 👍🏻

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,409
    Nah.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    Youíre a panic merchant mate.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    Looks like you're the only one.

    I actually think we've got a lot of creativity in our team. but, it didn't happen today. On another day, we could have scored 2 or 3 goals.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, itís not.
    I thought we were good today and created loads.

    As the OP pointed out we were missing Murphy who would offer us more creativity.

    Iíve had similar concerns tk the OP in the past but donít think it is is valid criticism after todayís game.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    11,903
    Most disappointing thing was the fact that Aberdeen dropped points and that we missed 4 - 5 decent chances to score

    Yes the football was eye bleeding but at least we made chances

    I also thought that The Staggies were a dirty side leaving the boot in and illegal challenges off the ball

    I was also surprised that Stephen Craighan popped up on Ross County TV

    I donít think he likes us much

  16. #15
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    27,844
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss

    Played: 11
    Won: 6
    Drew: 3
    Lost: 2
    Scored: 16
    Conceded: 10


    Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more.

    Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less.

    We have the third best Goal Difference (+6 v Aberdeen's +4)


    We're miles behind Celtc and Rangers but compare well against the rest.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 17-10-2020 at 06:46 PM.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played: 11
    Won: 5
    Drew: 3
    Lost: 3
    Scored: 16
    Conceded: 10


    Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more.

    Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less.

    We have the third best Goal Difference (+6 v Aberdeen's +4)


    We're miles behind Celtc and Rangers but compare well against the rest.
    We've won 6, lost 2.

  18. #17
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    27,844
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've won 6, lost 2.

    Oops, cheers, I'll fix it


  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most disappointing thing was the fact that Aberdeen dropped points and that we missed 4 - 5 decent chances to score

    Yes the football was eye bleeding but at least we made chances

    I also thought that The Staggies were a dirty side leaving the boot in and illegal challenges off the ball

    I was also surprised that Stephen Craighan popped up on Ross County TV

    I donít think he likes us much
    The commentator himself though seemed to be an undercover Hibby, references to 21st May, our legendary Lewis and his medals, the idolised John McGinn, greeted ďHammerĒ when he came on and just seemed to talk the game through from a Hibs viewpoint.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The commentator himself though seemed to be an undercover Hibby, references to 21st May, our legendary Lewis and his medals, the idolised John McGinn, greeted ďHammerĒ when he came on and just seemed to talk the game through from a Hibs viewpoint.
    I thought he was excellent.

    Much better than some of the commentators on Sky.

    Not sure who he is or what his background is, if heís just a local guy and starting tk make his name as a commentator I could see him getting some bigger jobs soon.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    Yes just you

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    31,202
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    Sniff

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he was excellent.

    Much better than some of the commentators on Sky.

    Not sure who he is or what his background is, if heís just a local guy and starting tk make his name as a commentator I could see him getting some bigger jobs soon.
    Agreed, very polished and either he put a lot into his research on the Hibs or he possibly didnít have to. He didnít sound local either. Made it easy to forget that Craigan was alongside him, that man is insufferable.
    Knowledgeable and the input from the Brora R fellah alongside them didnít do any harm either. I enjoyed the coverage.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    59
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    3 posts in ten years.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,338
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    We're fairly solid at the back and at times play some pretty decent counter football, I can see what Ross is doing by starting from the back which means we lose less goals/games and sometimes that can be detrimental to pretty football. He's playing 2 up top which means either 442/352, in a 442 you lose creativity in the middle but need your wide men to perform in a 352 you need the wingbacks to give the width and it allows for a creative player in the middle. 352 works well when young Doig plays as he has a bit of pace and a decent left peg, play with Stevenson and that attacking threat vanishes.
    Unfortunately like today we created a fair amount of chances but the front 3 of Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle were all off it and the bench was short of creative attacking players, this is what happens when you go with a smaller squad.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member uwxm07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with everything youíve said. Weíve got plenty going forward, have scored more goals than anyone else outside the OF and have made a great start to the season. Plenty to be optimistic about.
    This

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,411
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss
    The football is far from honking, we tore County open quite a few times today and could have been 4 up in the opening 20 minutes.

    The concern I have is we are not converting our chances. Weíve already had 4 league games this season when we have failed to score. We only had 6 games last season where we didnít score and in 2018 when we finished 4th we only had 4 league games all season in which we didnít score.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,390
    The Jambo in my work has started to tell me that Hibs are playing eye bleeding, industrial, Craig Levein type football. This is their new comfort blanket it seems

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,429
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
    Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

    I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
    The football is honking.
    Only my opinion, discuss

    I thought your lot played quite well last night.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Easter Road
    Posts
    826
    Its just you, thanks for visiting the site now can you please go somewhere else and bore them instead

  31. #30
    Testimonial Due Vini1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,986
    I think it was an odd one today, very frustrating. Usually we don't create as many decent chances, but manage to put 1 or 2 away. We had chance after chance today, but a number of players fluffed their lines. It feels like 2 points dropped from us and 1 gained by rcfc.

    I don't think the football is better or worse than other years, but the atmosphere alters the perception. A pint when a pub is empty or a pint in a pub when busy, same pint, same pub, but a different experience.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)