hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it just me

I can’t remember ever going up there and creating 27 attempts on goal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t remember ever going up there and creating 27 attempts on goal.
    6 on target.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Personally I would say that failing to win against certain teams in a home league match might be viewed as dropping points.

However, any point gained away from home is a point won and should be appreciated as such. All the more for 3 points.

All away games in our league are difficult.
    Correct, this isnt the championship and while we have better players than most - all that means is that in the long run we will end up toward the correct end of the division.

People assuming that we will win every match versus every team outside Celtic / Rangers / Aberdeen have no idea.

The only teams to have won more games than us are Rangers and Celtic so far, Aberdeen might go ahead with games in hand.

But we are doing ok and will be 3rd or more likely 4th this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    We were unlucky today and the ref really didn’t help. Having said that I’m really concerned with the midfield as we seem to find it difficult to retain the ball and have no centre midfield creator. The front men had a real off day today and Doidge is looking like he did when he first arrived.

Hopefully this International break has not stopped our momentum.
    We created plenty today. Boyle lacking composure, Nisbet being well off it and Doidge being wasteful has nothing to do with our midfield. Couple that with the referee giving very little then it’s just a bad day at the office. Be far more worried if we weren’t creating anything at all, couldn’t tell you the last time we had nearly 30 shots at goal.

The OP has gone away.
    He/She will be back in late 2027 or early 2028 if you want to look in again for their next master post

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    We dropped points away to Ross County under Lennon on our 12 game unbeaten streak in 17/18 on course to achieving our highest ever points total when 3 points were awarded for a win - it happens. Start converting more of our chances and we will have a very successful season.
    Not to mention, Ross County got relegated about 3 weeks later.

Maybe just a little inconsistency as after the dire Aberdeen performance, thought we played well away to St Mirren and vs the old firm and I think we played our best football this season for 60 minutes vs hamilton.

Never seen much of the league cup games and we played well for spells yesterday and should of be 2 up in the first 5 minutes but it wasn't.

Still another clean sheet and much improved for the past years.

PPV is a great thing in the CV19 crisis, but a wee bit of a double edged sword when it comes to critiquing the matches - everyone has basically seen every match home and away now instead of just our AST holders !!

We are doing well this season, probably better than most of us actually expected.

The squad is coming together - its taken McInnes 8 years to get Aberdeen to their present level, so Ross is (imo) doing well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    PPV is a great thing in the CV19 crisis, but a wee bit of a double edged sword when it comes to critiquing the matches - everyone has basically seen every match home and away now instead of just our AST holders !!

We are doing well this season, probably better than most of us actually expected.

The squad is coming together - its taken McInnes 8 years to get Aberdeen to their present level, so Ross is (imo) doing well so far.
    Aberdeen have been at that level for years, they took advantage when rangers were out the league along with us and hearts. We went the other way and it cost us years.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

This is a point I've made a few times now. Aberdeen are our main rivals at the moment and it's taken them years to get to this position and a few years of no hearts, Hibs or Huns in the league as well. If you take them as our benchmark, if say JR is ahead of plan

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This is a point I've made a few times now. Aberdeen are our main rivals at the moment and it's taken them years to get to this position and a few years of no hearts, Hibs or Huns in the league as well. If you take them as our benchmark, if say JR is ahead of plan
    They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd (with Rangers), 2nd (with rangers), 4th and 4th since McInnes took over. They took advantage of the fact we were gash and out of the league. He qualified for Europe every year and finished best of the rest in 4 of the 7 seasons.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    In case it hasn't been said already: LTYF.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd (with Rangers), 2nd (with rangers), 4th and 4th since McInnes took over. They took advantage of the fact we were gash and out of the league. He qualified for Europe every year and finished best of the rest in 4 of the 7 seasons.
    Depends how you evaluate success, tbh - "best of the rest" is a difficult one to put in the trophy cabinet.

Hibs have won more trophies this century than Aberdeen.

Depends how you evaluate success, tbh - "best of the rest" is a difficult one to put in the trophy cabinet.

Hibs have won more trophies this century than Aberdeen.
    It was the ‘it’s taken them/McInnes years to get to this position/build this team’ that I was replying to. He’s been consistently the best side outwith Celtic and latterly rangers in the league. That’s where we aspire to be, short/medium term. Cups runs are a bonus. McInnes also has as many trophies as Hibs in that period if I remember correctly.

The main point was that Aberdeen haven’t been a slow burner, they got success very early on in the reign and have carried it on.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Is it just me but a random appears after 3 posts drops a hand grenade then buggers off back to Keekback

Discuss

LTYF

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1970 View Post
    is It just me?
    Yes.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Aberdeen have been at that level for years, they took advantage when rangers were out the league along with us and hearts. We went the other way and it cost us years.
    Agree we missed a great opportunity whilst they were out the league then when Hearts followed them we shot ourselves in the foot by going down too. It did set us back years and without the very unexpected cup win we could still be in real bother.