hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found myself looking at Ross Stewart and thinking ‘Brian Graham’

In fairness Stewart did put a shift in helping out his defence

There was one incident second half Nisbet got the ball just outside the box our left I was expecting him to curl it into the faraway top right postage stamp instead it trundled harmlessly across the deck to safety

Maybe I should stop playing FIFA ?
    Ross Stewart, a more deadly Brian Graham. I can go for that.

I can't remember that Nisbet chance but i'm picturing it from your description to be like the televised goal he scored for Dunfermline.
    By the end of the game i was convinced there was a magnet inside the ball and another very strong one inside Doohans glove.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Ross Stewart, a more deadly Brian Graham. I can go for that.

I can't remember that Nisbet chance but i'm picturing it from your description to be like the televised goal he scored for Dunfermline.
    By the end of the game i was convinced there was a magnet inside the ball and another very strong one inside Doohans glove.
    Wasn’t really a ‘chance’ as such but I expected a Keatingsesque execution

Doidge played as though he had them magnets in his boots

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Thanks for the report as ever Johnnyboy. It is a sign of how good your reports are and how poor the MSM is that when I miss a match, as I did at the weekend, I don't even bother to read the BBC or any of the newspaper sites, I just read your report. Always balanced and fair, but with a positive note and unlike the MSM you don't get the nanes of players wrong constantly.

much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Same here. Thanks Jonny.
    Thank you for your kind remarks
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good summary of the game, JB. I thought we played pretty well, with the obvious failing when it really mattered. Ross County isn't an easy away trip but I thought for a lot of the game we made it look easy, we were comfortably the better team but sometimes you don't get the result the play merits.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good summary of the game, JB. I thought we played pretty well, with the obvious failing when it really mattered. Ross County isn't an easy away trip but I thought for a lot of the game we made it look easy, we were comfortably the better team but sometimes you don't get the result the play merits.
    Nailed it Matty.

Fantastically detailed summary as always JB.

It is always appreciated.

Couple of points for me;

We can’t play Stevenson left wing back. When he is there he offers very very little offensively and every time he gets it he plays it backwards. We need someone there who has much more attacking threat so it’s not so easy for the opposition to just overload Boyle’s, Doidge, Nisbet etc. Whether it’s Doig, Wright or Gullan if he could play the position (unlikely).

A lot of chances throughout the game but I find our tempo particularly frustrating especially when you saw how much we upped it in the last 15 minutes. I know it’s near enough impossible to play like that the whole game but we need to move the ball quicker, drag county about and use the space.

Boyle and Doidge need to offer more in the game. Both have been out of tune for me this season despite having scored and assisted some goals.

Magennis, one shot aside, was poor but you can tell he’s just back from a long term injury and it will take him a while to get back upto speed. Unsure if you can play him, Newell and Gogic together in a 352. Unsure if there will be enough creativity in there to unlock teams especially if Stevenson is left wing back.

Its a game where we should have won the game in the first 10 minutes, after that we still had numerous good chances;

Boyle x 2
    Doidge
    Hanlon
    Mallan/Stevenson
    Nisbet had a couple of half chances.

Its 2 points dropped but hopefully it’s the kick we need for beating Kilmarnock as that’s a massive game.