hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t remember us winning there once under either Stubbs or Lennon. Two notable losses under Lennon were in the cup and when we were trying for 2nd. Hearts lost all their games in the top six that season except the game against us. My point being even when we are the much better side I never go into games against them expecting anything other than a hard game.

I really hope your confidence proves to be well founded.
    There's a rather odd run going on just now in the derby of no home wins for either team since 2018, a run of seven games. We're unbeaten in three at Tynecastle and they're unbeaten in four at ER. This is following a record of no away derby wins in fourteen games from 2014-18.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    There's a rather odd run going on just now in the derby of no home wins for either team since 2018, a run of seven games. We're unbeaten in three at Tynecastle and they're unbeaten in four at ER. This is following a record of no away derby wins in fourteen games from 2014-18.
    Didn’t realise that but when you consider how crap they were last season and still beat us twice at home it just goes to show you can never take a result for granted in a derby.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    "It's over for them."

Come on now. I thought we died as a club in 2012? Since then we've won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe a number of times and not finished below them in the top flight since being promoted, and currently sit a full division above them.

It's almost as if they like proving they're idiots.
    Since 2012 they’ve suffered an Admin, 2 relegations, and spent close to £30m of other people’s money.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Since 2012 they’ve suffered an Admin, 2 relegations, and spent close to £30m of other people’s money.
    Not to mention completely ruin a new 1 million pound pitch by hosting a concert on it, take 4 years to build a single tiered stand, running 10 million over budget and costing around 25 million in total. Dragging clubs to court for having the audacity to defend their promotions.

The best comedy club around.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was a terrible decision in the first place to play Murphy on the Tuesday night vs Brora Rangers.

I get he needs minutes but two days after was a stupid decision and has back fired massively

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    It was a terrible decision in the first place to play Murphy on the Tuesday night vs Brora Rangers.

I get he needs minutes but two days after was a stupid decision and has back fired massively
    We played Hamilton on the Friday before Brora so gap wasn't an issue just one of these things. Not like he was hacked down just pulled a muscle. Made sense to try and give him some game time on grass at home rather than the plastic pitch games we had after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Carrying on with the theme of "home" advantage, We were the "home" team in the previous 2 hampden fixtures, they are the "home" team this time around, payback is coming.
    Since May 2012, when they held the trophy for 6.5 months, after we knocked them out in December 2012, the record shows in the 5 games since then, there has been 2 draws at tiny, 2 replay wins for the good guys, and 1 win for the tarts in 2018 at tiny.
    I've been over confident in the past, only to suffer the kick in the baws when they get a last minute goal to secure a win / draw after we played them of the park.
    I'm quite relaxed this time around, we've the better squad, mentally and physically tougher than in previous encounters, but we need to play to our strengths of attacking them at pace, defending properly, and not allow them to "draw" fouls in dangerous areas. The only danger I'm feeling is that the referee gets conned by their play acting whether they're defending or attacking, going down easily. If it's down to pure football, there will only be winner.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

I think it was an ideal opportunity to give him minutes. He'll more than likely feature on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Whighton is absolute pap man
    But we need to do something about the seagull problem at Easter road and if he can chase them for 90 minutes plus a half hour before kick off I say give the guy a chance.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I have watched Hibs for more than 40 years and nothing is a certainty, even more in a Derby!

I’m a tad nervous and let’s not get carried away and think this will be easy. It will be far from it.

Yes they’ve not played many games but one thing we can be assured of, they will be up for it.

If the last meeting at ER is anything to go by we will have to play well to get anything from this game. Yes they’ve lost players but they are still have a few players that could do damage.

I know we are playing well, scoring and not conceding much but it’s a Derby and for me anything can happen.

Quietly confident but could the unthinkable happen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I have watched Hibs for more than 40 years and nothing is a certainty, even more in a Derby!

I’m a tad nervous and let’s not get carried away and think this will be easy. It will be far from it.

Yes they’ve not played many games but one thing we can be assured of, they will be up for it.

If the last meeting at ER is anything to go by we will have to play well to get anything from this game. Yes they’ve lost players but they are still have a few players that could do damage.

I know we are playing well, scoring and not conceding much but it’s a Derby and for me anything can happen.

Quietly confident but could the unthinkable happen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Their budget is a Premiership budget and they probably have 5 or 6 players that are on more or at least the same as our highest earners. We are playing a Championship club in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Didn’t realise that but when you consider how crap they were last season and still beat us twice at home it just goes to show you can never take a result for granted in a derby.
    Having looked at both line ups the last time we played them. They've got worse and we've got better. My opinon of course. Gogic, newell, nisbet, porteous make us so much more balanced.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    The game being played without fans is the best thing that could happen to us if some of the pant wetting comments on here are anything to go by. No nervous energy from the stands, less pressure for the players, no rubbing the previous Hampden trips in our faces or Hearts fans encouraging their players get extra fired up. The game will be won on ability and tactics, and will be less of the ‘battle’ it usually descends into. All of which will suit us more.
    Agree with this. I think this is a huge point in our favour.

Why has this dropped into 2nd page 3 days before the semi more enthusiasm please.

Wonder how Murphy and Wright are looking. Jack was hopeful of having at least one of them available. I think Murphy could be key.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Wonder how Murphy and Wright are looking. Jack was hopeful of having at least one of them available. I think Murphy could be key.
    I have a feeling Magennis will start the game, JR will have thought long and hard about this game after the last ER fiasco. Midfield ownership is key in these games to take the initial sting out of the ****bo battle plan

Flood warnings in place for Saturday on Glasgow. Torrential rain throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaidno View Post
    I have a feeling Magennis will start the game, JR will have thought long and hard about this game after the last ER fiasco. Midfield ownership is key in these games to take the initial sting out of the ****bo battle plan
    I wouldn't be against this. It could maybe allow Newell to venture further forward like he was doing in the last 10 mins of the Killie game

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I wouldn't be against this. It could maybe allow Newell to venture further forward like he was doing in the last 10 mins of the Killie game
    Good call

Looking at this game purely financially how much is it worth to us winning and guaranting atleast runner up spot.As every penny at the moment is needed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Looking at this game purely financially how much is it worth to us winning and guaranting atleast runner up spot.As every penny at the moment is needed.
    Can't find any figures but in 2017 the difference between losing semi-finalists and losing finalists was 12 grand

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Can't find any figures but in 2017 the difference between losing semi-finalists and losing finalists was 12 grand
    That can't be right. The two finalists would have split the gate receipts (plus a share to the SFA) which would have been hundreds of thousands each.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    I think we'll go for a 3-5-2

Rocky
    McGinn Porto Hanlon
    Boyle Magennis Gogic Newall Murphy
    Doidge Nisbet

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    I think we'll go for a 3-5-2

Rocky
    McGinn Porto Hanlon
    Boyle Magennis Gogic Newall Murphy
    Doidge Nisbet
    I don't think Magennis is not match sharp yet although his battling qualities may give him the nod. I would start with Mallan as better in pocession , better range of passing and dead ball ability.

They played the high press game against at ER last time but we could not cope with it. They will be our faces but we should be sharper having played more games and at higher level. The solidity of our defense this season should be the rock we build victory on

@hibs.net private member
    Marciano
    McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Doig
    Boyle, Gogic, Newell, Murphy
    Nisbet, Doidge.

Take the game to them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Marciano
    Nisbet, Doidge.

Take the game to them.
    I'll take that.

Time for young Doig to step up and make a name for himself here.

Also, bout time Doige got on the goal sheet again (add Boyler to that list as well).

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Marciano
    Nisbet, Doidge.

Take the game to them.
    I would rather, if the likes of Murphy and Wright are fit, to have them available off the bench.

I think Hearts will try and start very quickly and go all guns blazing to get a lead to hold. Even though they have now got 4/5 games under their belts, our lads should have the fitness edge over them. So if we can keep the game tight, frustrate and tire them, we can then bring on Murphy etc. to run at tired legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Flood warnings in place for Saturday on Glasgow. Torrential rain throughout the day.
    Which will suit Hearts more industrial style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Which will suit Hearts more industrial style of play.
    Potentially. Will also mean the ground is heavier which will suit our superior fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I would rather, if the likes of Murphy and Wright are fit, to have them available off the bench.

I think Hearts will try and start very quickly and go all guns blazing to get a lead to hold. Even though they have now got 4/5 games under their belts, our lads should have the fitness edge over them. So if we can keep the game tight, frustrate and tire them, we can then bring on Murphy etc. to run at tired legs.
    They've played a lot of friendlies. Heard an interview with Neilson about a week ago and he said they'd played 13 matches (might even have been 15). Appreciate friendlies don't get the match sharpness up as well competitive games but I reckon it would have helped make a difference v Dundee who weren't at the races. I'm not so sure we'll have much of an advantage, if any at all, in that regard. Think we'll edge it by 1 goal.
    Last edited by 007; 29-10-2020 at 11:08 AM.