Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s Kevin Nisbet
    Edited.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    and yet, it happened, so you have zero choice but to accept it.
    I often wonder happens once we stop accepting the unacceptable?

With regard to the team, Stevenson will play and we should match them man for man, as has been said, we have better players and will beat them if we utilise them well enough.

I think we should field a full strength team.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Let them worry about us. We’re the top flight team, we’ve played more competitive games this season, set ourselves up to play to our full potential.

That’s what happened in the 2-2 money spinner - Hearts in the first half attacked us, played the way they play and it fell apart for them when they tried to contain us and stop us from playing.

Scudding Dundee isn’t as impressive as us scudding Livi away from home or holding Rangers to a 2-2 draw when they hadn’t even conceded a goal.

Take a couple of precautions here and there but by and large we need to play to our strengths.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Let them worry about us. We’re the top flight team, we’ve played more competitive games this season, set ourselves up to play to our full potential.

That’s what happened in the 2-2 money spinner - Hearts in the first half attacked us, played the way they play and it fell apart for them when they tried to contain us and stop us from playing.

Scudding Dundee isn’t as impressive as us scudding Livi away from home or holding Rangers to a 2-2 draw when they hadn’t even conceded a goal.

Take a couple of precautions here and there but by and large we need to play to our strengths.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

As long as we do the exact opposite of what we did against the at ER last time.

Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig

Gogic
    Newell
    Boyle
    Murphy

Nisbet
    Doidge

After waiting 114 years to win the Scottish cup, might we only have to wait another four to win it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    After waiting 114 years to win the Scottish cup, might we only have to wait another four to win it again?
    Don't. I'm still hurting that we didn't make it two in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Don't. I'm still hurting that we didn't make it two in a row!
    Still irks me that. I really think the wave of momentum could have made that reality. Was stuck outside at the turnstiles and was 2-0 Aberdeen when I got in. Who knows what could have happened had we got to the final.

Malkowski

De la Cruz
    Hunter
    Sauzee
    Hanlon

Horgan
    Latapy
    Lyndon Andrews
    Albert Kidd

Paatelainen
    Cummings

Get Zibi in there just so they know we're pish in goal and they can't get the ball anywhere near it.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Malkowski

De la Cruz
    Hunter
    Sauzee
    Hanlon

Horgan
    Latapy
    Lyndon Andrews
    Albert Kidd

Paatelainen
    Cummings

Get Zibi in there just so they know we're pish in goal and they can't get the ball anywhere near it.
    Wouldn't have Hanlon at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig

Gogic
    Newell
    Boyle
    Murphy

Nisbet
    Doidge
    Agree with this. And Doig will in effect play as LWB. Allowing Murphy freedom to push up and inside. Stevenson comes on after 65.

Anyone know if Murphy is back training yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    Wouldn't have Hanlon at left back.
    Yeah, but does he get a game ahead of either Hunter or Sauzee at CB? I think we need Hanlon up in their box for corners, same with Hunter, and we need Sauzee arriving late for shots outside the box and back post headers.
    I thought about Stevenson for LB to utterly bamboozle them with his LC winners medal but Hanlon shades it there.

My main issue with the team was whether or not Kidd might make a bigger impact against them from the bench.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yeah, but does he get a game ahead of either Hunter or Sauzee at CB? I think we need Hanlon up in their box for corners, same with Hunter, and we need Sauzee arriving late for shots outside the box and back post headers.
    I thought about Stevenson for LB to utterly bamboozle them with his LC winners medal but Hanlon shades it there.

My main issue with the team was whether or not Kidd might make a bigger impact against them from the bench.
    Ok and I'll have a pint of whatever it is you're drinking. GGTTH.

Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig

Gogic
    Newell
    Boyle
    Murphy

Nisbet
    Doidge
    I’d be happy with that team.

I really do think Murphy is the key to this game.

No complacency and don’t get involved in a kicking match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    This and then Magennis on for Newell when he inevitably gets injured.

I do like the front 6 of

Magennis Gogic Newell

Boyle Nisbet Murphy

But as others have said, I feel this is the game for Doidge and I think we will need an extra body in midfield.

Lewy over Doig is a no brainer for me in this one.
    I think you've managed to pay Joe Newell both a compliment and an insult there 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Anyone know if Murphy is back training yet?
    He's out today so wouldn't think so. He's only been out for a couple of weeks so would imagine if he was fit enough to train he'd be fit enough to be in the squad.

@hibs.net private member
    Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Gogic
    Newell
    Boyle
    Magennis(assuming Murphy is out)

Nisbet
    Doidge

Not a game for Doig to start imo and if Murphy is out then I think we may go with the players above, possibly in a 442 but maybe a 532

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He's out today so wouldn't think so. He's only been out for a couple of weeks so would imagine if he was fit enough to train he'd be fit enough to be in the squad.
    Possible he is back training but they don't want to gamble on the Killie pitch as think that is where he did his acl a few years back. Hope he is ok for next week as think he can make a difference. Would assume if he is it would only be from the bench which is a shame.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I think it is great for Edinburgh football that both teams are going into the semi final in third place in their respective divisions................................

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I think it is great for Edinburgh football that both teams are going into the semi final in third place in their respective divisions................................

Superb

Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig

Gogic
    Newell
    Boyle
    Murphy

Nisbet
    Doidge
    Happy with that team but Boyler needs to up his game he has not been at his best in the last two games. Hearts fans say they only need to stop Boyle to win the game. Murphy gives us width on the other side of the pitch. We also have options on the bench.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    This is our most important game since the 2016 cup final. Maybe even 2012.

We HAVE to win. Losing to a Hearts team in the division below, with the team we have, the form we have, and at ****ing Hampden AGAIN would be unforgivable.

My first ever Hibs game was the 2006 semi final and I don't think I've ever really gotten over it. Winning this would go some way toward fixing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

We HAVE to win. Losing to a Hearts team in the division below, with the team we have, the form we have, and at ****ing Hampden AGAIN would be unforgivable.

My first ever Hibs game was the 2006 semi final and I don't think I've ever really gotten over it. Winning this would go some way toward fixing that.
    It`s a one off cup match against a team from a lower division where inferior team always has a chance of causing a surprise . Played in an empty stadium with winners playing final in an empty stadium in December or possibly much later depending on circumstances . Like all semi finals it`s an important match but we`ve had lots of important matches since 2016 and 2012 . Hopefully we`ll make semis and finals of both cup tournaments in 20 / 21 so will have more matches to be considered most important .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    It`s a one off cup match against a team from a lower division where inferior team always has a chance of causing a surprise . Played in an empty stadium with winners playing final in an empty stadium in December or possibly much later depending on circumstances . Like all semi finals it`s an important match but we`ve had lots of important matches since 2016 and 2012 . Hopefully we`ll make semis and finals of both cup tournaments in 20 / 21 so will have more matches to be considered most important .
    None of which against Hearts when we are building a head of steam. There is no match of greater importance than an Edinburgh derby to reach a cup final (unless we got them in a final again). This is our chance to right a lot of wrongs.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    None of which against Hearts when we are building a head of steam. There is no match of greater importance than an Edinburgh derby to reach a cup final (unless we got them in a final again). This is our chance to right a lot of wrongs.
    How many times do we need to right those wrongs though? We carry no weight from the past into this game. We've already pumped them out of the Scottish cup three times since that day, on one occasion going through to win the whole thing after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten minutes to go.

The reason it took so long for us to win the cup for a third time was, by the end of that run, the weight that history put on our shoulders was nearly unbearable and I'm convinced that if we'd scored even five minutes before we did the end result may have been completely different. We can't carry that weight now we've done so much to shed it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Take off the hair underpants.

Totally agree. Have always thought Hearts record against us is down to attitude more than anything else. Certainly in recent times. Don’t need to look much further than last season when two of their four league wins were at Easter Road. Everybody from the tea lady to the kit man to the management will be hammering the importance of this game into their players. Ours need to realise the importance of this. We need to win, no excuses.