hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’re fooling nobody over there with their “it’s a no-lose situation for us” pish.

defeat next week will hurt them, badly, as will the thought of us being in the Scottish Cup Final again, so let’s just get it done.
    The thought of us beating them and potentially winning the cup with them trying to tell us it's tainted etc has the hairs on my neck standing up. It would be absolutely glorious.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I honestly don’t think so. That was bad but we know why it was bad and can see a load of reasons why they beat us.

This time, we’re well into our season, they’ve just started, our players are better than theirs and our manager is better, they’re a division below us.

If they somehow beat us, it would definitely be more embarrassing than the other two.
    Not for me. The only way it would be more embarrassing than getting absolutely hammered the last 2 games is if we get hammered again. There may have been "loads of reasons" why we lost those games but there were no reasons for losing them in the manner we did.

Despite being in a league below their team is built on a playing budget comparable to ours and although we are rightly favourites this will more than likely be a close game (bookies have it 19/10 vs 13/10). Should a narrow loss happen then it would be a sore one but not as bad as the last 2. I think 2016 has clouded how bad those were at the time.

I expect the same starting 11 from yesterday with murphy available from the bench. Provided boyle and mallan get it right tactically in terms of helping out the middle 2 then i fancy us to sneak it. The running power of boyle and nisbet can cause them problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Not for me. The only way it would be more embarrassing than getting absolutely hammered the last 2 games is if we get hammered again. There may have been "loads of reasons" why we lost those games but there were no reasons for losing them in the manner we did.

Despite being in a league below their team is built on a playing budget comparable to ours and although we are rightly favourites this will more than likely be a close game (bookies have it 19/10 vs 13/10). Should a narrow loss happen then it would be a sore one but not as bad as the last 2. I think 2016 has clouded how bad those were at the time.

I expect the same starting 11 from yesterday with murphy available from the bench. Provided boyle and mallan get it right tactically in terms of helping out the middle 2 then i fancy us to sneak it. The running power of boyle and nisbet can cause them problems.
    Sneak it, are you for real? If we don't win this comfortably there's a problem. There's no crowd it's 11 v 11 and we are better all over the park. Goals, clean sheets. Get them pumped!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Sneak it, are you for real? If we don't win this comfortably there's a problem. There's no crowd it's 11 v 11 and we are better all over the park. Goals, clean sheets. Get them pumped!!
    Yes, i am. I think we will win a close game by a small margin.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post

We didn’t get hammered “the last 2 games” , we won 2-0 at the PBS and lost the second game at home 1-3 .

@hibs.net private member
    there has been decades of examples where the better team in a derby has ended up losing .....they are a decent side, certainly going forward anyway. And they’ve got a top goalie ..will be a tough match.

90% of derbies are a goal either way. This will be no different. No one is getting pumped.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    there has been decades of examples where the better team in a derby has ended up losing .....they are a decent side, certainly going forward anyway. And they’ve got a top goalie ..will be a tough match.
    Will be a close game for sure. Would be surprised if we lost to be honest.

We’re favourites but don’t forget we pumped them out the SC two seasons in a row whilst we were still in the championship, both times having to negotiate tricky away ties at the PBS. On the first occasion Neilson had them flying high in the top division. So anything can happen.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    I'm 35 and seen us scud Hearts once.

We have no excuses for this one. I think our strongest eleven beats their strongest eleven. I don’t want the players thinking about previous games or thinking there’s a point to prove, i just want them to focus on winning the game.

A defeat would be, imho, worse than either of the two Hampden defeats to them. It’s unthinkable.

If we turn up and play well, we will win with a couple of goals to spare.
    I can't think of anything worse than a 5-1 defeat in a Scottish Cup final to be honest.

If we lose this one it will be horrible but I can't see it coming close to that one.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    I'm 35 and seen us scud Hearts once.
    The 6-2 and the 3-0 at their place. That’s it in my 38 years. Really thought the 3-1 Cathro derby would end up being another demolition but it didn’t happen.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    The 6-2 and the 3-0 at their place. That’s it in my 38 years. Really thought the 3-1 Cathro derby would end up being another demolition but it didn’t happen.
    After I posted that I thought I've probably seen us pump both Rangers more than I've seen us pump Hearts.

We have no excuses for this one. I think our strongest eleven beats their strongest eleven. I don’t want the players thinking about previous games or thinking there’s a point to prove, i just want them to focus on winning the game.

A defeat would be, imho, worse than either of the two Hampden defeats to them. It’s unthinkable.

If we turn up and play well, we will win with a couple of goals to spare.
    A loss here isn't even on the same universe as the 5-1 game. We won't even have to endure that journey home.
    I make it 60/40 in our favour as we are more battle hardened than them this season.
    I just hope we play to our capabilities and it's not a classic turgid Hertz win where we don't turn up.

This all about winning anyway we can.A turgid 1-0 win would do me.It keep them quite and we can move on to the Final and chase 3rd place in the League.I the meantime thay can wallow in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    90% of derbies are a goal either way. This will be no different. No one is getting pumped.
    They've played 2 games, we are well into our season. I think you all may be surprised at how comfortable we will win this game. We are a well organised outfit with plenty of attacking threat. If we can't give them a tanking in the circumstances we never will. We've let them off the hook too many times.

If you take out our games against the old firm in the league we are conceding an average of 0.5 goals per game. That's very impressive.

We are defensively sound and better than them going forward. It will be a close game but if we turn up and play we will win the game.

If we lose this one we hand them back a lot of momentum as regards being on top in this fixture and standing within the city.

Hearts could really have taken hold of it again when we were in the Championship and it was great credit to Stubbs and the players that they weren't allowed to.

If we beat them, it's a long time for them to have that defeat haunting them before we play again whilst they're touring about the less salubrious surroundings of the Championship.

If they win, they get a spring in their step and it's game on when we see them again.

I think this is a massive game and we've got a lot to lose. I hope Hibs realise this but manage to channel it properly.

Losing this one would hurt massively, it'd be up there with the biggest, sorest ones.

Wayne Foster is still the one that rankles with me most. We were very good at that time, they were pish and the very definition of a journeyman was afforded legendary status courtesy of one goal. Horrible stuff.

5-1 wasn't fun at the time but I've learnt to deal with it and the mitigating factors involved take away from that one a fair bit.

March still stings a bit tbh. We need to exorcise that.

Everyone knows we are a better side than them, the fans know it, the players know it and the neutrals know it. This is just another game for our players, they'll go and put in a professional performance and come away with the win. This will be one of our easiest games this season. Belief goes a long way.

Even if they beat us I wouldn’t trade our position for theirs. They’ll still be in the Championship, and we’ll still be finishing well above them for the 4th season in a row. We’ll go on to have a good season regardless of the outcome and will continue to be the top team in Edinburgh until the 2021-2022 at the absolute earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Even if they beat us I wouldn’t trade our position for theirs. They’ll still be in the Championship, and we’ll still be finishing well above them for the 4th season in a row. We’ll go on to have a good season regardless of the outcome and will continue to be the top team in Edinburgh until the 2021-2022 at the absolute earliest.
    I'm not so sure we'll go on to have a good season if they beat us. Would be a hammer blow and severely knock us. Losing doesn't bare thinking about. On the flip side if we win it could be a season to remember. We need to put Hearts in their place on Saturday. I really hope the remaining players from last season want to right the wrong from Easter Road.

I want us to win obv. But the result makes no difference to "standing within the city". They are a championship club. We are 3rd in the Prem. Thats the only standing that actually counts.

It won’t be easy Hearts are still working on a similar or higher budget than us.
    Naismith, Boyce, Halkett, Berra, Haring and Gordon probably on more or the same as our highest earners.

This is exactly like playing an Premiership opponent rather than a championship team.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Everyone knows we are a better side than them, the fans know it, the players know it and the neutrals know it. This is just another game for our players, they'll go and put in a professional performance and come away with the win. This will be one of our easiest games this season. Belief goes a long way.
    It must be good to be as confident as you.

Every time Hibs fans say we are going to hammer them it ends up going wrong.

Very few times this century have I been confident and on those occasions I have been we generally make a mess of it.

Look no further back than the last derby at Easter Road, check the thread and everybody was predicting a huge win.

Similarly when we lost 2-1 under Lennon at Tynecastle we were saying we will beat Hearts and Rangers and finish second, we finished fourth.

Obviously I hope you're right and you are telling us how easy it was on Saturday night.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    They've played 2 games, we are well into our season. I think you all may be surprised at how comfortable we will win this game. We are a well organised outfit with plenty of attacking threat. If we can't give them a tanking in the circumstances we never will. We've let them off the hook too many times.
    They've played 5 games in October.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there any news on Murphy yet? Him being fit could be quite pivotal imo.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post

I was looking for the answer to this question this morning, couldn't see anything.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If we lose this one we hand them back a lot of momentum as regards being on top in this fixture and standing within the city.

Hearts could really have taken hold of it again when we were in the Championship and it was great credit to Stubbs and the players that they weren't allowed to.

If we beat them, it's a long time for them to have that defeat haunting them before we play again whilst they're touring about the less salubrious surroundings of the Championship.

If they win, they get a spring in their step and it's game on when we see them again.

I think this is a massive game and we've got a lot to lose. I hope Hibs realise this but manage to channel it properly.

Losing this one would hurt massively, it'd be up there with the biggest, sorest ones.

Wayne Foster is still the one that rankles with me most. We were very good at that time, they were pish and the very definition of a journeyman was afforded legendary status courtesy of one goal. Horrible stuff.

5-1 wasn't fun at the time but I've learnt to deal with it and the mitigating factors involved take away from that one a fair bit.

March still stings a bit tbh. We need to exorcise that.
    March does sting a serious amount still.

The absolutely pathetic attitude shown that night was disgusting. I genuinely could not quite believe the way we played that night.

What also concerned me was that JR seemed to be fairly satisfied -within the realms of satisfaction- with the performance, or he certainly never came across as raging which he should have been.

Anyway, we go onto Saturday. I’m fairly confident. We are the better side and we are winning games that we normally lose/draw this season.

There’s a hibby on Kickback that says he’s worried about our defence, but I find that astounding. Our defence has been much improved from last season.

I believe Killie and RC had a total of 2 shots on target against us in the last two games and 0 goals, so we are doing something right at the back.

What’s the deal with Stevenson?

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Another poster said both him and Wright are back in training today

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Another poster said both him and Wright are back in training today
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I was looking for the answer to this question this morning, couldn't see anything.

"We hope that them not being available for Kilmarnock has given them an opportunity and I'd like to think we'd have at least one of them, if not both of them, available.

"We'll see how the week progresses, but I would be confident I would have more options to me.”