hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling Stevenson was one, hope he’s being cute and the other one he means is Scott Allan.
    I think by the way he smirked when asked the question, it was a cute response. Keeping cards very much close to the chest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stupid question, but the "cup tied" rule definitely, undoubtedly, emphatically doesn't apply in this and the final does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Stupid question, but the "cup tied" rule definitely, undoubtedly, emphatically doesn't apply in this and the final does it?
    It doesn't apply, so Nisbet and Gogic are eligible for us and Gordon for them.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It doesn't apply, so Nisbet and Gogic are eligible for us and Gordon for them.
    And Halliday 😁

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Its also the biggest game of our season.
    I think it’s the biggest game for many of the fans. It’s not the biggest game for the club. Getting 3rd would be much bigger for us than getting to a cup final with no fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I think it’s the biggest game for many of the fans. It’s not the biggest game for the club. Getting 3rd would be much bigger for us than getting to a cup final with no fans.
    This is our problem who cares about finishing 3rd? I want to pump hearts and get to a cup final fans or no fans

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This is our problem who cares about finishing 3rd? I want to pump hearts and get to a cup final fans or no fans
    I want both

Remember in 2016 we had folk saying promotion was much more important than winning the cup. It wasn’t.

We will finish in a European place in the league this season, I have absolutely no doubt about it. Saturday is the biggest game we have by a mile. Nobody at the club should be in any doubt about that. And if they are, they shouldn’t be involved in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I want both
    Most folk do, but potentially winning the cup again is of far more significance to us than finishing third. Begin to sound like English top tier clubs trying to play down the importance of winning trophies as opposed to finishing mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Remember in 2016 we had folk saying promotion was much more important than winning the cup. It wasn’t.

We will finish in a European place in the league this season, I have absolutely no doubt about it. Saturday is the biggest game we have by a mile. Nobody at the club should be in any doubt about that. And if they are, they shouldn’t be involved in football.
    Could not believe my pal thought promotion was more important. Really ? A chance for continued mediocrity and disappointment in the Prem over putting to bed one of the biggest hoodoos in sport ? Needless to say he was wrong and accepts that. 2016 was seismic in Hibernian History, arguably the biggest event in e clubs history,

On Sat, beating Hearts in the semi is crucial in so many ways. Difference between winning in losing for both clubs is huge.

What’s worth more financially. It’s not a normal season. We need to do anything to bring income into the club. I want both. But 3rd will put us ina better place for next season when other clubs could be in a real mess.

Hibs belong in the top flight. We shouldn't ever be out of it. I'd take promotion every time. I thought that in 2016 and stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Hibs belong in the top flight. We shouldn't ever be out of it. I'd take promotion every time. I thought that in 2016 and stand by it.
    Seriously. You’d swap the cup win for promotion that season? Surely no.

Winning that cup transformed the club.

What’s worth more financially. It’s not a normal season. We need to do anything to bring income into the club. I want both. But 3rd will put us ina better place for next season when other clubs could be in a real mess.
    As I said, I believe we are an absolute stick on for a top four finish this season regardless of what happens on Saturday.

Losing on Saturday will piss a lot of folk off that the club need on side. It’s huge IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    As I said, I believe we are an absolute stick on for a top four finish this season regardless of what happens on Saturday.

Losing on Saturday will piss a lot of folk off that the club need on side. It’s huge IMO.
    Absolutely massive in terms of keeping feel good factor continuing.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    really you take promotion over a cup win , you have your opinion but your definitely in the minority on this one.

What’s the difference between 3rd and 4th? I don’t know. Is it enough to buy an up and coming young player for £300k? That’s my point. I totally get the feel good factor of beating them.

What’s the difference between 3rd and 4th? I don’t know. Is it enough to buy an up and coming young player for £300k? That’s my point. I totally get the feel good factor of beating them.
    Prize money for finishing a place higher isn’t going to define things. A trophy gives you other revenue opportunities. It also makes people happy and happy people spend money.

not been on here for a while, but you are having a laugh , naw? we must be wanting to get to another SC Final shirley? and to beat the gorgie mob in the process would make it doubly better !!! . get third or get beat wi the gorgie mob, / FORGET IT MATE .
    C.Final

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    How many subs are allowed?
    It’s not going to be that wet is it?

Semi final eve! Do them Hibs.

People who say Hearts are a Championship side, let's not forget how we won it, they certainly don't.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

We got both, though. Tell you what, when I'm lying on my deathbed it's not beating QoTS to secure promotion I'll be thinking about. We've won 10 major trophies in nearly 150 years. 2016 was well worth it. Same as winning tomorrow is more important than finishing 3rd, especially considering we'll be 4th at worst..

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We got both, though. Tell you what, when I'm lying on my deathbed it's not beating QoTS to secure promotion I'll be thinking about. We've won 10 major trophies in nearly 150 years. 2016 was well worth it. Same as winning tomorrow is more important than finishing 3rd, especially considering we'll be 4th at worst..
    Agreed, its like Aberdeen fans banging on about their "success" under McInnes when they are actually talking about coming third.........If I was them I would be asking if one League Cup was enough for all the investment?

Back to Hibs - I cant describe how happy I was to lose the League Cup final and remain in the Championship for another year as a trade off for winning the Scottish Cup !! Would happily take a win this weekend and come 4th.

It's not going to be easy that's a given. We are however third in the top league for a reason. I want to see us take our chances though. In the games against Celtic and Aberdeen we've dominated the first half hour then gone on to lose the game. The game against Rangers shows how important it is scoring first. If we do then I think we'll score a couple more.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’m not really that fussed about winning the cup again tbh, not being there and no fans it just won’t be the same. Beating those ***** on the other hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I’m not really that fussed about winning the cup again tbh, not being there and no fans it just won’t be the same. Beating those ***** on the other hand.....
    You aren't fussed if Hibs win only their 11th major honour ever? Can't agree with that at all. Winning trophies is what it's all about

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Its folk saying things like 'its not the biggest game for the club' which has seen us on the wrong side of so many derbies. Neilson said yesterday theyve effectively got the players back early this summer in preparation for this game because that's how much it means to them - we should be exactly the same. This game is massive for us and a real chance to kick those ***** when they're down. Into them Hibs :aok

Left by mutual consent!
    Lewis is out.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Lewis is out.
    I like Doig but I think Lewis is a big miss, on several levels.