hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've no doubt they will press high but that's easier to play against on a big pitch like Hampden.

I also think we will have success if we do need to go long. I'm not convinced by their centre halfs and both Nisbet and Doidge are big lads and good in the air.

We have a few ways we can win the game.
    Exactly. We are a well oiled machine

2. Log in to remove the advert

I rarely go into derbies confident that we're gonna a pump them, however theres not a single player in their squad would get into our starting line up, I can't see anything other than a hibs win!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I have not been over to KB since they were expelled 🥳

Nipped over today and saw this they really are different their use if language is just .... well you be the judge.

trotter trotter
    Posted 14 hours ago
    On 24/10/2020 at 17:35, AC Mallin_51 said:
    Must say my nerves have really started to kick in today, I think because the game was pushed back so far it felt like it was never going to come. Don’t get me wrong I have a good feeling about it. Cmon the Gorgie! 🇱🇻
    Don't worry about it. Any PHM goes into a derby knowing that we will win. This excuse they have after yet another pumping of 'they wanted it more' is their way of comforting themselves and making it sound like there isn't a reason we've won more derbies at the ****pit than them.

Robbie is a PHM, and he will make sure that the entire dressing room knows what we have since 1874, losing against them is simply unacceptable.

I see another Hampden raping on the cards. I don't want us 4 up and stepping off the pedal. I want them dead and buried. Make no mistake, when we win this game, its over for them. Its done. The end. No more continues. Game over.

HHGH
    Edited 14 hours ago by trotter
    "It's over for them."

Come on now. I thought we died as a club in 2012? Since then we've won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe a number of times and not finished below them in the top flight since being promoted, and currently sit a full division above them.

It's almost as if they like proving they're idiots.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I can’t believe just how many Hibs fans are confident about this game because we’re the league about them and started well this season. Have yous learned nothing?’

In all seriousness they still have some very good players/ones that will raise their games considerably against us. The team they start will have pace, be direct and also try and crowd out the midfield to win that battle as I really think we’ll go with a 442 or potentially a 352 if Stevenson is out.

Would love Murphy to be back and fit for this but really can’t see it, he would be ideal for unlocking them and handling the ball under their pressure and aggression.

The boy Craig Wighton has been starting and scoring recently too, he’s the exact sort of rubbish striker that scores against us and is their new cult hero.

Hearts are usual will be a threat from set pieces but also the pace in their attack with Wighton, Walker, Ginnelly, Roberts and Wighton. Boyce and Naismith only need half a chance to score also.

We need to be at our best defensively and hope Doidge and Boyle turn up as we can’t expect Nisbet to do it all on his own.

Gogic will be his normal self in their and we really need to see Newell dominate from start to finish.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Hearts are usual will be a threat from set pieces but also the pace in their attack with Wighton, Walker, Ginnelly, Roberts and Wighton. Boyce and Naismith only need half a chance to score also.
    Not convinced that all of those players will be playing or can play in the same formation Never even heard of Roberts..........

As for Wighton? He has only recently scored his first goal for Hearts and - unsurprisingly - has continued to score a few against utter garbage - he wont do it against us.

We have better players all over the park (the keepers are probably closest matched with Gordon maybe shading it), and as long as Ross has them motivated we will win comfortably.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not convinced that all of those players will be playing or can play in the same formation Never even heard of Roberts..........

As for Wighton? He has only recently scored his first goal for Hearts and - unsurprisingly - has continued to score a few against utter garbage - he wont do it against us.

We have better players all over the park (the keepers are probably closest matched with Gordon maybe shading it), and as long as Ross has them motivated we will win comfortably.
    Nooooooooo don’t say that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Wighton looks like some sort of cardboard cut out. He'll never handle our back line.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    I rarely go into derbies confident that we're gonna a pump them, however theres not a single player in their squad would get into our starting line up, I can't see anything other than a hibs win!
    I'd play Craig Gordon, not necessarily ahead of Rocky, however I agree with the rest. They are in the league where they should be playing.

Seen it so many times against them. Absolutely we are the better team and have the better individuals, but am I confident ? Not for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Seen it so many times against them. Absolutely we are the better team and have the better individuals, but am I confident ? Not for a minute.
    This has the same kind of feel that we had with lennon and stubbs going into Derby's. We were mentally tough, we knew it, they knew it.. and I think this teams got that too. Everyone knows their roles.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Wighton looks like some sort of cardboard cut out. He'll never handle our back line.

Must admit, I'd have him at Hibs. Have always liked Wighton when he first came to attention at Dundee. He's an intelligent footballer, suffers from a lack of confidence. Certainly wouldn't be underestimating him to be honest.

These games are won in midfield and we have a stronger midfield than them at present in my opinion. I think it will be a cracking game. Will be very interesting to see how both sides deal with no fans being there.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree...can’t believe any Hibs fan with more than a 10 year history will assume this is a slam dunk ...for me , if we turn up we will win , but if we are off it , we could easily get turned over ...looking forward to it actually ..think we will turn up for the big game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Everyone knows we are a better side than them, the fans know it, the players know it and the neutrals know it. This is just another game for our players, they'll go and put in a professional performance and come away with the win. This will be one of our easiest games this season. Belief goes a long way.
    Love your confidence mate but stuff like this can look very sill (if) we lose.

As a few posters have said, we’ve seen it all before.

The game being played without fans is the best thing that could happen to us if some of the pant wetting comments on here are anything to go by. No nervous energy from the stands, less pressure for the players, no rubbing the previous Hampden trips in our faces or Hearts fans encouraging their players get extra fired up. The game will be won on ability and tactics, and will be less of the ‘battle’ it usually descends into. All of which will suit us more.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Must admit, I'd have him at Hibs. Have always liked Wighton when he first came to attention at Dundee. He's an intelligent footballer, suffers from a lack of confidence. Certainly wouldn't be underestimating him to be honest.

These games are won in midfield and we have a stronger midfield than them at present in my opinion. I think it will be a cracking game. Will be very interesting to see how both sides deal with no fans being there.
    You’d take Craig Wighton at Hibs when we have Nisbet and Doidge up front?

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post

If we lose we lose. Whatever I say won't effect that. But Ive every right to be as confident as I am. They're dug*****!!

@hibs.net private member
    A good 4 or 5-0 drubbing would be totally deserved for their shambolic derisory little championship club but it will probably be a tight scrappy nervy 1-0.

They are so Jammy it’s unbelievable

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    You’d take Craig Wighton at Hibs when we have Nisbet and Doidge up front?
    It's not a like-for-like argument Austinho, of course I'd keep Doidge and Nisbet. I'm merely saying I've always like Craig Wighton as a player and think he's a good footballer. If it was a like for like argument, there is nothing as yet I've seen from Drey Wright that tells me he will be a mainstay at Hibs. Time and games will tell of course, but he's not set the heather on fire.

Both sides on Saturday have good players, I think we have more quality in midfield and more quality up top too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Pathetic Hearts moron
    If it was in reference to Neilson, like Levein they are both in the pumps his maw category.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Whighton is absolute pap man 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Whighton is absolute pap man 🤣🤣🤣
    Poor man's Oli Shaw

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Poor man's Oli Shaw
    Was thinking more Ross Caldwell with perhaps a better attitude but good shout.

This has the same kind of feel that we had with lennon and stubbs going into Derby's. We were mentally tough, we knew it, they knew it.. and I think this teams got that too. Everyone knows their roles.
    And how many times did Lennon and Stubbs teams beat them at Tynecastle ?

Hibs 7/5 and Hearts 6/4

The bookies expect a very tight match for those suggesting it is a penalty kick they should lump on.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 26-10-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Hibs 7/5 and Hearts 6/4

The bookies expect a very tight match for those suggesting it is a penalty kick should lump on.
    Wishing I hadn't clicked back on this thread now, thanks!!! I would need to spend the rest of the week mentally preparing to be able to handle penalties. If it does come to that I'll have to go out for a walk.

And how many times did Lennon and Stubbs teams beat them at Tynecastle ?
    How many times did we get beat tynecastle? We went something like 9 in a row unbeaten.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    If it was in reference to Neilson, like Levein they are both in the pumps his maw category.
    😂

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post

We’re gonna rip them a new one.

EDIT: if Budge isn’t crying and bleating about unfairness at the end of the match I’ll be disappointed.

We beat them when in the lower league and there's not doubt in my mind they can do the same. It never seems to matter that we have a better team, Hearts always seem to over achieve against us. We have to be at our best.

EZ

How many times did we get beat tynecastle? We went something like 9 in a row unbeaten.
    I don’t remember us winning there once under either Stubbs or Lennon. Two notable losses under Lennon were in the cup and when we were trying for 2nd. Hearts lost all their games in the top six that season except the game against us. My point being even when we are the much better side I never go into games against them expecting anything other than a hard game.

I really hope your confidence proves to be well founded.
    Last edited by jeffers; 26-10-2020 at 08:00 PM.