(Non Hibs)
    Overrated: Jordan Henderson
    Underrated: Isaac Hayden
    Amen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup. Good career and played in some great places. Even played with Thierry Henry.

He can quite regularly be seen playing for Iceland now.
    A steady Eddy averaging about 30 odd games per club, never really established himself anywhere, not that great to be honest.

Underrated:
    Michael Stewart
    Fraser Fyvie
    Ben Williams
    Graham Stack
    Chris Hogg
    Liam Henderson. For context, I think we are all massively appreciative of Henderson’s contributions and rightly so for 21/05/16. But I often worry this can overshadow actually just how much quality he possessed throughout his whole spell at Hibs and no doubt still does down in Italy. Magnificent player who only knew one way to play and that was the right one. Personal opinion here but I’d be putting everything on the line to bring him back one day before even listening to the usual McGeouch and Griffiths shouts we get every season.

Overrated:
    John Rankin, if anyone ever did.
    Duncan Watmore
    Ryan Jack
    Brandon Barker
    Ian Murray (Tin hat) I don’t think he ever set the heights expected of him at the Huns after his move and always felt he looked often questionable and liable at times when he returned a few years later. Just generally never thought he was what a lot made out but I understand the injuries and of course what the club meant to him. Plus he knocked out Ian Black which was really sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Palsson on his debut for Hibs looked like he was going to be an EPL player one day. He was absolutely exceptional.
    I look back on that time with nothing but sheer sadness and embarrassment, it was the most helpless winter I can recall following Hibs. We’d finally found a win at the end of January, at home to St Mirren where Palsson made said debut along with Sodjie and one or two others I don’t care much to recall. I remember me and my old man leaving that night thinking that those guys were gonna have us fired right back to the top in no time, especially Palsson. Nine years on and I now know it was only sheer desperation to see some kind of a decent side again and any hope we might of had wasn’t simply just hope but a dream.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    As far as I remember the likes of he and Darren Dods jumped ship didn’t they?
    There were certainly a couple who moved on, through exercising their contracts. It felt rubbish at the time but is was legit.

This will be controversial but for most over-rated it is Zemmama. Beats one player, looks like he is beating a second, loses possession. And repeat ad infinutem. Lots of us loved him but there was a reason he only got ten minutes in the 2007 LC Final.

For under-rated I will suggest Pat McGinlay. I think he was just unlucky that when he was peaking there was a strong cohort in place. He should have got caps.

As for Paul McStay, there are very few Scottish footballers who got the chance to play in Italy. IIRC there were certainly approaches to him. Regardless, he stayed with Celtc.

Whether he had gone down to England or over to Italy he was an exceptional midfielder and a consistent talent.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Underrated:
    Michael Stewart
    Fraser Fyvie
    Ben Williams
    Graham Stack
    Chris Hogg
    Liam Henderson. For context, I think we are all massively appreciative of Henderson’s contributions and rightly so for 21/05/16. But I often worry this can overshadow actually just how much quality he possessed throughout his whole spell at Hibs and no doubt still does down in Italy. Magnificent player who only knew one way to play and that was the right one. Personal opinion here but I’d be putting everything on the line to bring him back one day before even listening to the usual McGeouch and Griffiths shouts we get every season.

Overrated:
    John Rankin, if anyone ever did.
    Duncan Watmore
    Ryan Jack
    Brandon Barker
    Ian Murray (Tin hat) I don’t think he ever set the heights expected of him at the Huns after his move and always felt he looked often questionable and liable at times when he returned a few years later. Just generally never thought he was what a lot made out but I understand the injuries and of course what the club meant to him. Plus he knocked out Ian Black which was really sound.

Agree about Ryan Jack I just don’t get it

I have tried to re-educate my opinion by watching him closely for The Rangers and Scotland but I still don’t get it

I was meh about him with Aberdeen as well

Fair play to the guy he has carved out a decent career for himself

He wasn’t a first pick for Scotland when Scott Brown was about and he still isn’t a first pick
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 17-10-2020 at 06:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Overrated: Efe Ambrose (good player, but not the messiah some seem to think).

Under-rated: Eoin Doyle.
    Oh no, no way. Not having that about Efe.

I look back on that time with nothing but sheer sadness and embarrassment, it was the most helpless winter I can recall following Hibs. We’d finally found a win at the end of January, at home to St Mirren where Palsson made said debut along with Sodjie and one or two others I don’t care much to recall. I remember me and my old man leaving that night thinking that those guys were gonna have us fired right back to the top in no time, especially Palsson. Nine years on and I now know it was only sheer desperation to see some kind of a decent side again and any hope we might of had wasn’t simply just hope but a dream.

What a ***** time to be a Hibs fan. Pretty much every season between winning the league cup on 2007 and relegation in 2014 bar a good half season under Yogi could be wiped from my memory bank without any issues. Just pish.

A certain player came into my thoughts today that I felt merited the resurfacing of this thread from the other day.

Guillaume Boozy Beuzelin will go down for me as one of the best Hibs players I’ve had to pleasure to watch, part of a wider squad of players, specifically midfielders with quality completely unmatched outside the Old Firm. While Brown and Thompson along with the other usual suspects collect their deserved plaudits how overlooked do you think Boozy is as a part of that great side and the wider SPL at that time? And why was it such a player of his quality and class failed to take his career that one step higher despite possessing the qualities he did? I seem to recall an injury ruling him out for a large chunk of 2006, early 2007 but can’t remember the reasons behind this and to what extent it may have played on his progress. Interesting to hear others memories and recollections of surely the 2nd best Hibernian of France.

A certain player came into my thoughts today that I felt merited the resurfacing of this thread from the other day.

Guillaume Boozy Beuzelin will go down for me as one of the best Hibs players I’ve had to pleasure to watch, part of a wider squad of players, specifically midfielders with quality completely unmatched outside the Old Firm. While Brown and Thompson along with the other usual suspects collect their deserved plaudits how overlooked do you think Boozy is as a part of that great side and the wider SPL at that time? And why was it such a player of his quality and class failed to take his career that one step higher despite possessing the qualities he did? I seem to recall an injury ruling him out for a large chunk of 2006, early 2007 but can’t remember the reasons behind this and to what extent it may have played on his progress. Interesting to hear others memories and recollections of surely the 2nd best Hibernian of France.

Beuzelin was a brilliant player. He did his knee at Kilmarnock, sure it was a New Years Day game and we had a huge crowd down that day. Still came back and went on to win a trophy with us but I’m sure he had another relatively bad injury as well.

He also bought me several shots up the town when he was out celebrating scoring against Hearts in the ‘unbeatable’ derby. I did initially attempt to buy him a drink as a thank you for his efforts that day. Was happy to talk about his goal for a considerable period of time. Top guy!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Beuzelin was a brilliant player. He did his knee at Kilmarnock, sure it was a New Years Day game and we had a huge crowd down that day. Still came back and went on to win a trophy with us but I’m sure he had another relatively bad injury as well.

He also bought me several shots up the town when he was out celebrating scoring against Hearts in the ‘unbeatable’ derby. I did initially attempt to buy him a drink as a thank you for his efforts that day. Was happy to talk about his goal for a considerable period of time. Top guy!
    Haha that’s a brilliant story mate. I remember little about the injury first time round, only his long awaited return at Pittodrie in a cracker of a midweek cup game but my memory could be faulty there too.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Alan O’Brian must be up there as the most overrated hyped up signing in many a year .
    Overrated by exactly who?

I have never seen anyone have a good word for O'Brien on here. A most puzzling selection.

Dylan was certainly overrated. I was certainly relieved when he opted to go to Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

I have never seen anyone have a good word for O'Brien on here. A most puzzling selection.

Dylan was certainly overrated. I was certainly relieved when he opted to go to Aberdeen.
    I can’t have that about Dylan.

Ok, maybe if you take into consideration the number of games he missed.

He was a class act when he played, and I always thought we missed him loads when he was out.

I can’t believe anyone could think Dylan was overrated.

My appreciation of him has waned a bit over the years, mainly based on stuff he’s done since leaving us, but nothing can change my opinion that he was a player of the highest quality when he was at Hibs.

Does anyone else think Alan Rough was massively underrated? I was just a boy when he played in goal but I remember plenty in our own support slating him, he was almost becoming a figure of fun for other clubs too. That seemed to end when he had his brief spell at Celtic when the media didn't have a bad word to say about him.
    Back in those days we were not great and relegation seemed to be constant threat, I'm certain we would have gone down if it wasn't for him between the sticks.....still my hero from when I was little.
    Last edited by Dr What If?; 27-10-2020 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Ten years from now Jorge Claros and Omeonga will be spoken about like Messi and Ronaldo

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I can’t have that about Dylan.

Ok, maybe if you take into consideration the number of games he missed.

He was a class act when he played, and I always thought we missed him loads when he was out.

I can’t believe anyone could think Dylan was overrated.

My appreciation of him has waned a bit over the years, mainly based on stuff he’s done since leaving us, but nothing can change my opinion that he was a player of the highest quality when he was at Hibs.
    I thought he was hugely overrated. Absolutely he had ability but the majority of the time looked to be playing within himself. I was always amazed the number of games I watched him in where he was OK, but got home and read how outstanding he’d been.

I watched his twenty or so minutes on Sunday and thought he run about a lot but contributed very little and was wondering if he’d been putting in a similar performance for us if posters on here would be saying what a great game he was having.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Weil View Post
    Does anyone else think Alan Rough was massively underrated? I was just a boy when he played in goal but I remember plenty in our own support slating him, he was almost becoming a figure of fun for other clubs too. That seemed to end when he had his brief spell at Celtic when the media didn't have a bad word to say about him.
    Back in those days we were not great and relegation seemed to be constant threat, I'm certain we would have gone down if it wasn't for him between the sticks.....still my hero from when I was little.
    Roughie was fine with us probably worth 12 points a season kept Pat Stanton in the Manager’s hot seat
    When he went to Celtic he was over the hill imho only playing 5 times for them I remember Stevie Archibald scoring two against him at Easter Road

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Roughie was fine with us probably worth 12 points a season
    Back in those days we scarcely broke the 30 point mark, if he was worth 12 of those it shows just how important he was.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Roughie was fine with us probably worth 12 points a season kept Pat Stanton in the Manager’s hot seat
    When he went to Celtic he was over the hill imho only playing 5 times for them I remember Stevie Archibald scoring two against him at Easter Road
    He made a couple of bad errors toward the end of his time with us but was still pretty decent.

He signed for Celtic purely as cover, at a time when there wasn't even a substitute goalie on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Weil View Post
    Back in those days we scarcely broke the 30 point mark, if he was worth 12 of those it shows just how important he was.
    Broke Rangers’ hearts a few times at Ibrox IIRC

Still has a soft spot for us even although he is/was a Jags Director

For once HIBS showed foresight by signing Andy Goram
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 27-10-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Overrated : Stevie Mallan
    Underrated : Micheal Stewart.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Overrated by the Newcastle support ,who wished they had kept him and gave us Damien Duff 😭
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Guillaume Boozy Beuzelin will go down for me as one of the best Hibs players I’ve had to pleasure to watch
    Seems a bit uncalled for! 😲
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 27-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Ten years from now Jorge Claros and Omeonga will be spoken about like Messi and Ronaldo
    Aye they were nothing like Messi or Ronaldo?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Seems a bit uncalled for!
    I mean B.H.F.C’s post speaks for itself