hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Showing it on council TV won't stop people congregating in houses.

The easiest solution is just pull the plug on all TV coverage.

Sky not being happy is obviously the biggest draw back.
    Do you propose we do the same on Halloween for our game against Hertz?

There's some amount of pish on here.

Kinda irrelevant to this but noticed Everton v Liverpool is being screened in some Scottish Vue cinemas.
    Last edited by green&left; 16-10-2020 at 07:13 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Do you propose we do the same on Halloween for our game against Hertz?

There's some amount of pish on here.
    A well thought out reply, congratulations.

The Hibs - Hearts game is different altogether from a Celtic - Rangers game and anybody who knows anything about football should know that.

When the semi is on we don't know if the pubs will be shut or not for a start.

If they were to be shut do you envisage bus loads of fans of each club travelling to England to watch the game?

@hibs.net private member

So don't allow people to see their families, take away their pubs/restaurants. But at least they can stay in and watch the football. But we should take that away from folk as well? Can't be agreeing with that.

And let's be honest, there WILL be people meeting at other folks houses to watch the semi final in a couple of weeks. So if we're going to ban tomorrow's game, we'd have to accept a ban on our game as there'll be a breaking of the rules their as well.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    The problem today is football fans feel entitled. They expect to watch their teams live on TV, maybe the solution is to turn the clock back to the 1970s when there were no games televised live, or only cup finals. Nobody would be tempted to congregate in homes or pubs to gather round the wireless, or crystal set radio to listen to the football.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    So don't allow people to see their families, take away their pubs/restaurants. But at least they can stay in and watch the football. But we should take that away from folk as well? Can't be agreeing with that.

And let's be honest, there WILL be people meeting at other folks houses to watch the semi final in a couple of weeks. So if we're going to ban tomorrow's game, we'd have to accept a ban on our game as there'll be a breaking of the rules their as well.
    I would allow people to see their families, daily cases were dropping and deaths virtually negligible when this was allowed.

Not saying all cases due to pubs opening but a definite rise since they were allowed.

I will watch the game and it would be wrong to stop everybody watching it I get that, but people need to realise we are never going to get out the bit unless measures are adhered to.

I've heard there was a possibility that the game was going to be put back by the Scottish Government such is the concern over this.

I hope people act responsibly but I just can't see it.

My initial post was a bit tongue in cheek but it would stop it, I did realise though it was never going to happen.

A well thought out reply, congratulations.

The Hibs - Hearts game is different altogether from a Celtic - Rangers game and anybody who knows anything about football should know that.

When the semi is on we don't know if the pubs will be shut or not for a start.

If they were to be shut do you envisage bus loads of fans of each club travelling to England to watch the game?
    Nationally, of course its different. Regionally though there will be stacks of Edinburgh fans meeting up in a couple of weeks like our Weegie counter-parts will be doing this weekend wether its allowed or with pubs open or not. So to protect the lothians do you propose a blanket ban on our game versus Hearts? Or is it 'cos its just the big bad old firm?

Thanks for the congratulations BTW. I'd say my reply was as well though out as yours suggesting that to limit people meeting this weekend is to further restrict access to the biggest game in the Scottish footballing calendar - which would obviously encourage people to meet indoors lot more!

Nationally, of course its different. Regionally though there will be stacks of Edinburgh fans meeting up in a couple of weeks like our Weegie counter-parts will be doing this weekend wether its allowed or with pubs open or not. So to protect the lothians do you propose a blanket ban on our game versus Hearts? Or is it 'cos its just the big bad old firm?

Thanks for the congratulations BTW. I'd say my reply was as well though out as yours suggesting that to limit people meeting this weekend is to further restrict access to the biggest game in the Scottish footballing calendar - which would obviously encourage people to meet indoors lot more!
    Agreed.

Our fans will be doing the exact same as Old Firm fans are this weekend. I'm assuming those suggesting the game isn't shown will also feel the same about our game not being shown, otherwise it's just hypocritical nonsense.

While it won't be on the same scale, it's pretty daft to think that there won't be some hibs or hearts fans getting together for our game.

Looks like they might not make Blackpool. Lancashire getting put into tier 3 lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Looks like they might not make Blackpool. Lancashire getting put into tier 3 lockdown.
    Turn them back at J36😁

Is tier 3 roughly the same as what is in place across the central belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'd say it's more tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Reasonably similar I think, though I’ve largely lost track to be honest and could be wrong. Pubs are closed apart from those that are open to serve meals. Only allowed to be served alcohol during the meal. Would make sense if such pubs aren’t even allowed to show anything on TV but I doubt such common sense will be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Reasonably similar I think, though I’ve largely lost track to be honest and could be wrong. Pubs are closed apart from those that are open to serve meals. Only allowed to be served alcohol during the meal. Would make sense if such pubs aren’t even allowed to show anything on TV but I doubt such common sense will be applied.
    We've got tier 3 restrictions on hospitality but tier 2 restrictions on meeting other households outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We've got tier 3 restrictions on hospitality but tier 2 restrictions on meeting other households outdoors.
    Seems the tiers are largely irrelevant as Lancs and Liverpool seem to have different regulations. Lancs allowed to have gyms open, Liverpool not.

Headline really though is that pubs will be closed in Blackpool. I know they don’t do walking away, but they will have to do a lot of U-turns.

Can i ask if you think its ok for a bunch of mates to meet up in a house to watch the semi final together?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I suppose that what happens when you have Govan in your constituency.

Yeah, she really obsesses about the Rangers vote
    Last edited by Keith_M; 16-10-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Can i ask if you think its ok for a bunch of mates to meet up in a house to watch the semi final together?
    Does it actually matter? It's going to happen throughout the city whether a random poster you've probably never met before think it's ok or not.

I take it we’re not playing tomorrow

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    I take it we’re not playing tomorrow
    Looking at the BBC's Scottish football page you'd think not, from the top of the page there are 14 stories, 7 are about the glasgow derby, one is the gossip page, one for QoS Covid, one for Hearts, one to predict the lower leagues, one for St Mirren Covid, one for Dundee Utd (this is the only story in regards to a premiership game at the weekend that isn't old firm) and one about the Hibs Ladies as their league opener is on BBC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Guess I'd have to see what the restrictions are, but, be sensible, take some pre-cautions and don't be silly and I won't judge anyone having a few beers watching their team (Hibs, Hertz, Aberdeen, OF) in massive matches in what has been a pretty ***** 7 months. Especially while its deemed fine to eat out before 6pm, have coffee or share communal changing facilities etc etc.

I really have to criticise Nicola Sturgeon for missing a trick. She should have done the same as the First Minister of Wales and given Police the powers to prevent people coming to Scotland from ares with high prevalence of Covid, like Lancashire, and particularly Blackpool. Stop those returning from watching the football rather than ask them not to go in the first place.

Makes so much sense to me

**** the 2 cheecks, manky bassas, they are viral.

@hibs.net private member
    I see Lennon wants Ryan Christie to play tomorrow, 11 days into a 14 day quarantine - walloper

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I see Lennon wants Ryan Christie to play tomorrow, 11 days into a 14 day quarantine - walloper
    Did he say that?

I seen he was saying Christie and Tierney should be treated equally (as it appears Arsenal are trying to get Tierney to be allowed to play)

Left by mutual consent!

As I said earlier on the thread the most effective solution would be to pull the game altogether and just award them a point each. It all comes down the Sky cash though, as you say.

I despise the Old Firm game. There's nothing wonderful about it at all and Scottish life in general would be much improved if it just didn't exist. I bet the Glasgow police loved Sevco's years in the lower divisions.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Got to be the same rules for every Scottish club
    Did the St Mirren/Kilmarnock players have to do 14 days

Five pages about those gobs****s. Who cares?

@hibs.net private member
    I think people will discover that the fans behaviour is the only thing that sets this game apart from any other game in Scotland, and even that is for all the wrong reasons

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar