hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    People will meet in households regardless what channel it's on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FM wants the game to be free to air to stop people meeting together in households - not quite sure if it's a good idea or everyone wanting to appease the Toxic Twins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54558900
    It's absolutely nonsense. Amazed she actually commented on this.

Once again shows the bandwagon / baggage which the Old Firm bring with them.

Who do they think they are?

It's more the people watching it need help than putting it free on TV. Get to the root of the problem which is the poison of these 2 clubs.

It's not the moon landing. It's just another game of football and will most likely be utter dross like pretty much every other 'Old Firm' game.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Will the Scottish Government be willing to compensate the tv company with the exclusive rights to the game to allow the game to be on free to view .

First Team Breakthrough tigerted's Avatar
    Can honestly say I've never given a flying ***k about this fixture, EVER!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

It's more the people watching it need help than putting it free on TV. Get to the root of the problem which is the poison of these 2 clubs.
    I suppose that what happens when you have Govan in your constituency.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    FM wants the game to be free to air to stop people meeting together in households - not quite sure if it's a good idea or everyone wanting to appease the Toxic Twins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54558900
    just increases the number of houses folk can go round to.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    just increases the number of houses folk can go round to.
    From none to zero????
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

I am a big NS fan but I dont think she thought this one thru - its actually laughable.

Regardless of the obvious - Sky have a contract with our league and unless someone (the govt) pay them a ton of cash, why would they?

Have any of them thought through just how a Sky tv broadcast can emerge seamlessly on everyones telly?

Or are they just thinking of "unlocking" Sky Sports on Sky/Virgin/Now for one day???? What about those with "cooncil tv" ?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I am a big NS fan but I dont think she thought this one thru - its actually laughable.

Regardless of the obvious - Sky have a contract with our league and unless someone (the govt) pay them a ton of cash, why would they?

Have any of them thought through just how a Sky tv broadcast can emerge seamlessly on everyones telly?

Or are they just thinking of "unlocking" Sky Sports on Sky/Virgin/Now for one day???? What about those with "cooncil tv" ?
    It should be straightforward enough for anyone with broadband and who gets their TV by cable via a box.

How much do each club get from the deal with sky per game, and pay them that and not show it.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerted View Post
    Can honestly say I've never given a flying ***k about this fixture, EVER!
    Until today.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

She should have advised Sky to not broadcast the game on public health grounds.

Football seems to be causing a lot of problems with covid, players being allowed to travel around the world to play in completions and friendly games, numbers of players and staff testing positive, when do you say this isn't working, Government can't keep blaming pubs and restaurants all the time, football is getting a easy ride through these difficult covid times.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Football seems to be causing a lot of problems with covid, players being allowed to travel around the world to play in completions and friendly games, numbers of players and staff testing positive, when do you say this isn't working, Government can't keep blaming pubs and restaurants all the time, football is getting a easy ride through these difficult covid times.
    Football is probably doing more than any other industry to mitigate against Covid. To say it’s getting an easy ride is miles off IMO.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 15-10-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

I get your point, but being able to watch football on my tod, in the comfort of my own home, gives me a wee bit of joy that means I'm happy to comply with all sorts of regulation the moment I cross the front door.

Taking football away would nudge me a bit closer to being part of the "f it" brigade and tbh at the moment my general compliance is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It should be straightforward enough for anyone with broadband and who gets their TV by cable via a box.
    That means asking the tv companies to "switch on" Sky Football channel for everyone at a specific time on Saturday then switch off again. Why should they do this for nothing? And if it costs, who pays?

As I said in mine above, what about those with no box? i.e. who use Freeview? Should they be left out?

Its an idea that has so many moving parts and potential for cockup - which is why it should be treated as a non starter.

p.s. I am just playing devils advocate - whoever wants to watch this at home legally or otherwise will have the ability to do so, putting it on free to view is just pandering to the ********s in their support who cant do what they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    How much do each club get from the deal with sky per game, and pay them that and not show it.
    Clubs get zero £ for each game that's on TV.

@hibs.net private member
    Don't know what folk are getting their knickers in a twist about. Sky showed plenty of EPL matches free during lockdown. I don't have a problem with Nicola Sturgeon asking. If it helps stop the spread, great.

Good publicity and advertising for SKY. A win,win.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Don't know what folk are getting their knickers in a twist about. Sky showed plenty of EPL matches free during lockdown. I don't have a problem with Nicola Sturgeon asking. If it helps stop the spread, great.

Yip and the games were shown on pick tv for those without sky or virgin.

Interesting to see that some pubs in Blackpool have already come out and said they will be closed on Saturday as they can't risk the £10k fine they could get if folk don't social distance in their pub. One of them saying they've had over 1500 requests to book at table. What is wrong with these people. Do they not realise you don't have to go all the way to Blackpool if your wanting to watch the game in the pub

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Clubs get zero £ for each game that's on TV.
    😳

Who gets the money, Stevie? The SPFL?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post

Interesting to see that some pubs in Blackpool have already come out and said they will be closed on Saturday as they can't risk the £10k fine they could get if folk don't social distance in their pub. One of them saying they've had over 1500 requests to book at table. What is wrong with these people. Do they not realise you don't have to go all the way to Blackpool if your wanting to watch the game in the pub
    I thought beer gardens in Fife might have been popular.

Can you jump on a bus & go to Blackpool to watch the Merseyside Derby ? It’s on BT at the same time

That means asking the tv companies to "switch on" Sky Football channel for everyone at a specific time on Saturday then switch off again. Why should they do this for nothing? And if it costs, who pays?

As I said in mine above, what about those with no box? i.e. who use Freeview? Should they be left out?

Its an idea that has so many moving parts and potential for cockup - which is why it should be treated as a non starter.

p.s. I am just playing devils advocate - whoever wants to watch this at home legally or otherwise will have the ability to do so, putting it on free to view is just pandering to the ********s in their support who cant do what they are told.
    She said it as a tongue in cheek comment, it wasn’t a serious question by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Probably because;

(a) we have already pandered to these ****s by conveniently scheduling their derby almost as far out as was possible in case fans were allowed back in.

(b) We are not in lockdown so it seems that we are - once again - pandering to these ****s simply because a number of them cant behave themselves.

(c) Just because its these two disgusting clubs

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

They would show it on one of their other channels that are available on all platforms. They won’t do it though and neither should they.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    I cannot, fir the life of me, understand why any hotel, guest house, bar or restaurant, in Blackpool would open it’s doors to a gang of football fans arriving specifically so that they can get round a booze ban and get loaded fir a bigot fest. Pray for Blackpool, the cost of repairs to their town and credibility will far out weigh any income IMHO
    Then pray for the hundreds, perhaps thousands, that will contribute to the spike in cases, perhaps deaths, caused by people infected on this trip

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post

Let's face it, Huns going down to Blackpool, they lose and place will get wrecked. Its never just about the football for their thugs.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

And I suppose the UK wide precedent it sets for other highly volatile fixtures because there are plenty derbies down south which while lacking the OFs particular brand of hatred have their own. Plus if cup games throw up ixtures across the leagues like Millwall vs West Ham or Birmingham vs Villa.

If the huns descend on Blackpool I just hope the pub owners have got their TVs working properly as we know how angry they get with a dodgy signal.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Showing it on council TV won't stop people congregating in houses.

The easiest solution is just pull the plug on all TV coverage.

Sky not being happy is obviously the biggest draw back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    😳

Who gets the money, Stevie? The SPFL?
    The TV money goes in to the prize pot and is split between the teams at the end of the season depending on your placings in the league. The old firm for example dont get extra money for tomorrow's game being on TV.