hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 90

Thread: Cricket

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,846
    180-4 after 18
    Cougars!!!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,846
    Yorkshire bowled poor. Embrassing.

    Hope Lancashire get hammered in the final.
    Cougars!!!

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím going for Hampshire to edge out Lancashire in the final. If Yorks had Willey and Bairstow then maybe a different story but I think they are out due to the ODI on Sunday.
    Excellent call.

    So glad Hampshire won.
    Cougars!!!

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent call.

    So glad Hampshire won.
    Threw it away at least we hammered Yorkshire on the way 😄

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,846
    No point hammering anyone at finals day if you don't get the job done 😁😉
    Cougars!!!

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,240
    Anyone see the best ****housery i've ever seen in the womens cricket, bowler walks up to bowl and stops while the batswomen sets off, bowler does not release the ball and just turns and knocks the stumps off.

    New rule change apparently.

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Always been a rule G as far as I know. It could be argued it's against the spirit of the game but she hasn't done anything wrong. I'm sure that it happened in a England mens Test match some years ago.

  9. #38
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    35,804
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see the best ****housery i've ever seen in the womens cricket, bowler walks up to bowl and stops while the batswomen sets off, bowler does not release the ball and just turns and knocks the stumps off.

    New rule change apparently.
    Known as a Mankad, always been within the rules but considered unfair play.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Known as a Mankad, always been within the rules but considered unfair play.
    in the laws, but seen at against the spirit of the game. Massive whataboutery by Indians on this

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    65
    Posts
    11,583
    Happened to me when I played.

    The bowler should run up in the normal way, like a penalty kick, no stuttering or whatever and if the non striking batter is out their crease when the bowler passes the wicket they can take the bails off, with the ball, and the batter is out. Before this however if the bowler thinks the batsman is taking advantage then its the done thing for the bowler, through the umpire, to warn the batter that he will take the bails off the next time it happens. I had no such warnings.

    I'll maintain to this day I was in my crease. The idiot umpire gave out and obviously I had no option but to walk. I was ragin. All hell broke loose and I had got as far as the pavilion, launched my bat at the door and was almost in the shower when their captain came in and told me the decision had been reversed. I don't think the clubs spoke much to each other for some considerable time after that and there was no customary pub afterwards!

    Funnily enough the bowler that day was Indian.
    Last edited by Jack; 25-09-2022 at 03:05 PM.

  12. #41
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    53
    Posts
    32,720
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Known as a Mankad, always been within the rules but considered unfair play.
    I have no issue with it and the amount of whining by England and commentators is over the top. The ridiculous line that the batter isnt trying to gain an advantage is nonsense - of course they are, otherwise why would they be yards down the pitch before the ball is bowled?

    Forget the rubbish about giving a warning. Just stay th right side of the line and get on with it.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,343
    Pakistan v England T20 series has been fantastic. Great to see top level cricket in Pakistan. 3-3 decider on Sunday

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pakistan v England T20 series has been fantastic. Great to see top level cricket in Pakistan. 3-3 decider on Sunday
    It's been good entertainment, quite magnificent batting performance from England to force a decider.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pakistan v England T20 series has been fantastic. Great to see top level cricket in Pakistan. 3-3 decider on Sunday
    I'v been meaning to post about this series. What a fantastic appetite-whetter for the T20 World Cup!

    Some great games so far and an absolute stick-on must-see decider to come.

    I've been trying to lay off the superlatives to describe Babar over the last couple of years but what a fantastic player he is. A good Pakistani team are one of my favourite things in cricket and he is very much the leader for them across the formats.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,343
    A bit of an anti climax the decider. England just blew them away, Pakistan had one of their off days! Been a a great and very entertaining series.!

  17. #46
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Just watched the final game this morning, quite an emphatic victory to clinch the series.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    7,554
    Scotland beat West Indies at T20 World Cup. Absolutely delighted to see Scotland compete at this level. Sad to see whatbthe West Indies have become tho. Having grown up with them being the team who beat everyone it is amazing to see how far they have tumbled. Anyway, we'll done Scotland. A real chance to qualify from the group now

  19. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland beat West Indies at T20 World Cup. Absolutely delighted to see Scotland compete at this level. Sad to see whatbthe West Indies have become tho. Having grown up with them being the team who beat everyone it is amazing to see how far they have tumbled. Anyway, we'll done Scotland. A real chance to qualify from the group now
    Yes that's true re the West Indies but as you say terrific for Scotland:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63281343

  20. #49
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland beat West Indies at T20 World Cup. Absolutely delighted to see Scotland compete at this level. Sad to see whatbthe West Indies have become tho. Having grown up with them being the team who beat everyone it is amazing to see how far they have tumbled. Anyway, we'll done Scotland. A real chance to qualify from the group now
    Particularly good performance in the field, catching was pretty much faultless.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,948
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Brilliant result - and as you say, catches win matches.

    A bit of a quandary though now - I can see us winning the group or coming third and not qualifying. What I really need is a 2nd place in the group so we then play England at the MCG and Australia at the Gabba.

  22. #51
    First Team Breakthrough davy67 +'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tweedbank
    Posts
    313
    Hopefully they can back it up with a victory over Ireland

  23. #52
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Disappointing final few overs after a decent batting performance and first few overs bowling. Ireland win with 1 over remaining.

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant result - and as you say, catches win matches.

    A bit of a quandary though now - I can see us winning the group or coming third and not qualifying. What I really need is a 2nd place in the group so we then play England at the MCG and Australia at the Gabba.
    We're out of the tournament after losing to Zimbabwe and Ireland cruised past the West Indies.

    Scotland actually looked the stronger team against Ireland initially but the Irish have come on strong.

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Disappointing stuff.

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Poor result for England v Ireland, 5 run defeat on DLS method, well deserved for Ireland though. Massive match for England v Australia tomorrow morning.

  27. #56
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    England's tournament hopes being marred by the weather, today's game v Australia washed out.

  28. #57
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    Good win for England v New Zealand this morning, keeps them in the hunt for a place in the next round.

  29. #58
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,053
    England through to the Semis, made it a lot tougher for themselves than it should have been.

  30. #59
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    35,804
    India set England a target of 169, this could be fun to watch. Pakistan still favourites for the tournament for me though no matter who wins this one.
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-11-2022 at 09:39 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  31. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    India set England a target of 169, this could be fun to watch. Pakistan still favourites for the tournament for me though no matter who wins this one.
    All very open, this game and the final. I'd like to see England do it, but an Ind v Pak final would be something else!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)