hibs.net Messageboard

Dnipro Kids 15 year anniversary

Today marks the 15th anniversary of a football match that led to the creation of Hibs fans' charity Dnipro Kids, which helps to care for orphans in Ukraine.

The match itself wasn't one that any Hibs fans would particularly want to remember - a Uefa Cup tie in Dnipro, Ukraine, which finished Dnipro 5-1 Hibernian (agg 5-1). If you want to relive those particular memories you can read the match report here.

You can find out more about how and why the charity was created, and how it's helped improve the children's lives over the years, in today's Edinburgh Live report. Or hear from the chairman himself on the recent Longbangers podcast.

The charity is currently trying to raise funds to provide each orphanage with a laptop to help the orphans with their homeschooling. If you would like to make a donation towards this you can do so here.

If you are interested in sponsoring one of the orphanages, please contact Dnipro Kids' chairman at steven@dniprokids.com, (edited to correct this address) visit the charity's website for more details or contact the charity via its Facebook and Twitter accounts. You can also connect with the charity on social media to get future updates.

Dnipro Kids is a charity that every Hibs fan can be proud of because the charity simply wouldn't exist without the fans' suport and generosity.

Hats off to everyone who has volunteered for the charity, been an ambassador, fundraised, shaken a bucket at turnstyle collections, donated, sponsored the children, donated Hibs tops and attended fundraising events over the past 15 years. As well as being proud of the charity, you should be very proud of yourselves.
    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 01-10-2020 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Corrected email address

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    This is a magnificent charity and says something about who we are. A huge thank you to the people who make all of this possible. I am very happy to have been able to donate.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Well done to the people who have made this possible and fronted such a fantastic worthy cause. Donating to the Dnipro cause has always given me a real sense of pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done to the people who have made this possible and fronted such a fantastic worthy cause. Donating to the Dnipro cause has always given me a real sense of pleasure.
    Your recent significant donation towards a laptop for the kids was really generous. Good on you.
    I shook a bucket at Easter Road for another cause and was amazed how generous and pleasant so many of my fellow Hibees were. A really good experience which recalibrated my view of folk.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 29-09-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Wow is it really that long ago?

I still admire the dedication that the organisers have put into this over the years.

Hi, I tried sending an E-Mail to the address provided in the OP but I received a reply of Delivery Status Failure.

Is there another address I can use?

Thanks

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Hi, I tried sending an E-Mail to the address provided in the OP but I received a reply of Delivery Status Failure.

Is there another address I can use?

Thanks
    Hi Keith

Correct address is steven@dniprokids.com
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    This is great, and totally in keeping with the original traditions of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Hi Keith

Correct address is steven@dniprokids.com

Thanks very much

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I’ve just seen this, hadn’t realised the Edinburgh Live article had gone out yesterday (only spoke to them on Monday).

Yes, the best email to get in touch is steven@dniprokids.com
    “Alvarez” (that you Duncan??) used my “football” name instead of my “Sunday” name

Always great to read nice comments about the work that Dnipro Kids does, and that it’s still very much viewed as part of the “Hibs family”.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

It looks like Dnipro Kids are closing in on the homeschooling funraising target! Let's see if we can push them over the line:https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dniprokids1

Just giving this a wee bump. They're just a few quid away from their fundraising target now. Great effort! https://www.justgiving.com/account/y...ageId=13210309

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post
    Just giving this a wee bump. They're just a few quid away from their fundraising target now. Great effort! https://www.justgiving.com/account/y...ageId=13210309
    Small donation made. Thanks for your efforts.

Oh fantastic. I'd seen that this campaign had had a bit of a slow burn of a start. Great to see it doing so well now.

Well done to all involved.