hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Accies chop and change a lot and always seem to have a couple of guys I've never heard of, but they almost always put up a good fight. Celtic and Rangers are the only sides to beat them by more than a one-goal margin, so we'll need to be right on it from the start.

I reckon Murphy will come back in for Wright and it will be more of a 4-4-2 with Boyle higher up the park on the other flank.
    If Doig is given a rest, then Stevenson can be trusted to slot straight in. Of the two, Stevenson definitely looked better yesterday but Doig has done very well so far and David Templeton is about 20mph slower than Road Runner Frimpong!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree. Doig has been a revelation but a wee rest will do him good imo.
    Totally disagree with this. We're playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. He only played 45 minutes on Sunday and this is the last game before international break so he'd get a rest then. Perfect chance to get his confidence back up as it'll have dipped with getting taken off at half time no doubt. Would like to see how he links up with Murphy on the left, should be a good attacking threat for us against a team like Hamilton.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    Totally disagree with this. We're playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. He only played 45 minutes on Sunday and this is the last game before international break so he'd get a rest then. Perfect chance to get his confidence back up as it'll have dipped with getting taken off at half time no doubt. Would like to see how he links up with Murphy on the left, should be a good attacking threat for us against a team like Hamilton.
    I see the logic behind your post, however, I still think he will benefit from a few games coming off the bench.

He is very young, and as such needs nurtured. We need to scaffold him and slowly reduce that support over a number of weeks/games until he is ready to go again.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Accies chop and change a lot and always seem to have a couple of guys I've never heard of, but they almost always put up a good fight. Celtic and Rangers are the only sides to beat them by more than a one-goal margin, so we'll need to be right on it from the start.

I reckon Murphy will come back in for Wright and it will be more of a 4-4-2 with Boyle higher up the park on the other flank.
    If Doig is given a rest, then Stevenson can be trusted to slot straight in. Of the two, Stevenson definitely looked better yesterday but Doig has done very well so far and David Templeton is about 20mph slower than Road Runner Frimpong!
    Agree think this game we will start 442 with Lewis and Murphy in who as you say seemed to link up very well yesterday. More I see of Murphy the more I think he will be a big player for us offensively in terms of goals and assists.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I see the logic behind your post, however, I still think he will benefit from a few games coming off the bench.

He is very young, and as such needs nurtured. We need to scaffold him and slowly reduce that support over a number of weeks/games until he is ready to go again.
    I think if Jack Ross was going to do that then away at Celtic after he'd been subbed off against the Huns was the time he'd do it. I think he'll start.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think if Jack Ross was going to do that then away at Celtic after he'd been subbed off against the Huns was the time he'd do it. I think he'll start.
    Hope so. The more he plays the more he improves and we have a top defender on our hands. Persevere and all that 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Hope so. The more he plays the more he improves and we have a top defender on our hands. Persevere and all that 👍
    It is the defending part that is a huge concern, fantastic moving forward into the attacking areas of the park. Was he an attacking player converted to a defender/wing-back? The defending aspect of his game needs so much development and improvement.

First Team Breakthrough
    One way to get better play against the best learn from mistakes, we don’t expect win against Celtic so why not try him out

Any pubs showing this?

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post

Oops didn't check properly , I usually sort out , pay for the away games for our group. of season ticket holders
    Mentioned watching yesterday's game that Hamilton away this Friday so signed up for there PPV .
    Admin feel free to delete or change to Hamilton Accies this Friday. cheers

Don't worry about it, we all have senior moments.

Last edited by Keith_M; 29-09-2020 at 07:18 AM.

This is the kind of game we've been caught out in the past by thinking it's probably a win. Sounds daft but the defeat to Celtic was maybe not a bad thing all things considered to allow us to refocus for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This is the kind of game we've been caught out in the past by thinking it's probably a win. Sounds daft but the defeat to Celtic was maybe not a bad thing all things considered to allow us to refocus for this one.
    Agreed. Brings us back down to earth. We need to make sure we stay focused for Friday.

@hibs.net private member
    The boy needs taken out the team. He’s been poor in the last two games all be it against the old firm. Too much exposure to 1st team football can stall or even halt a young player’s development. Time to give him a rest for a couple of weeks

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think it's important Doig starts. It will show him the manager still believes in him after 2 early subs.

I agree with the general consensus of a 4-4-2, Murphy in from the start and 2 up front.

Looking forward to this one.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The boy needs taken out the team. He’s been poor in the last two games all be it against the old firm. Too much exposure to 1st team football can stall or even halt a young player’s development. Time to give him a rest for a couple of weeks
    He might have struggled a bit the last couple of games, as most do against Frimpong, but he’s not particularly cost us any goals or become a liability. I’d keep him in and continue to let him learn.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yes even although the teams playing on Friday night will be unlikely to have any players playing for Scotland.
    Cough.!!😃

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Cough.!!😃
    Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure Porteous will play against Israel to be honest.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Really looking forward to the game. I think we are playing pretty well and getting decent results. Even v celtic I felt we played well. It's games against Hamilton that are must wins for us so be interesting to see how we go

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    [QUOTE=h1bs4life;6311398]
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    Thankfully the game is at home then lol

Oops didn't check properly , I usually sort out , pay for the away games for our group. of season ticket holders
    Mentioned watching yesterday's game that Hamilton away this Friday so signed up for there PPV .
    Admin feel free to delete or change to Hamilton Accies this Friday. cheers

Very good of you to throw some money Hamilton’s way.

Just remember that Hibs is the first priority though.

Totally different type of game. He’s going to spend much more time running the other direction and he’s done that well against the likes of Livi and St Mirren who aren’t too dissimilar to Hamilton.

If there was a time to take him out of the team it was on Sunday, to protect him from getting the doing he ended up getting. I’d keep him in the team.

I'd like to see Boyle Doidge and Murphy as a front 3 with Nisbet playing infront of Gogic and Newall in the AM role that Scott Allan plays so well. KN is a clever footballer who can play there imo

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I'd like to see Boyle Doidge and Murphy as a front 3 with Nisbet playing infront of Gogic and Newall in the AM role that Scott Allan plays so well. KN is a clever footballer who can play there imo
    You want to move our top scorer into a central midfield role? Na not for me, I don’t even think Nisbet can play central midfield

Left by mutual consent!
    Got SS Football for under a fiver a month.... Don't fancy paying three times that for a Hamilton game!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

Smile

[QUOTE=jacomo;6312858]
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post

Very good of you to throw some money Hamilton’s way.

Just remember that Hibs is the first priority though.

😄 No money changed hands.
    Well prepared now when we do eventually play them away from home.

2-0 Hibs . Doig to start to show manager has confidence in him, will need to be given a rest but hopefully after he has had a good performance

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hamilton player tests positive for Covid19.

Gamer IDs

In your opinion.

Outside of The Old Firm as you say, he's been part of the most solid looking defence we've had for years. He functions well driving forward and this is a game he shouldn't be under anywhere near the amount of pressure as the last two. Plus, I don't think he's been particularly poor or the cause of us losing goals directly. If he's fit I think he should start, he's 18 and probably playing against other youngsters in the Hamilton team. Get him in and let him develop as much as possible. Stevenson is a great back up to have but if Jack Ross felt he was a better option than Doig then he'd have started before now, and I agree with him.
    Last edited by TheGreenMan; 30-09-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    No.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    In your opinion.

Outside of The Old Firm as you say, he's been part of the most solid looking defence we've had for years. He functions well driving forward and this is a game he shouldn't be under anywhere near the amount of pressure as the last two. Plus, I don't think he's been particularly poor or the cause of us losing goals directly. If he's fit I think he should start, he's 18 and probably playing against other youngsters in the Hamilton team. Get him in and let him develop as much as possible. Stevenson is a great back up to have but if Jack Ross felt he was a better option than Doig then he'd have started before now, and I agree with him.
    I’d rest him for a few games and reward LS for his second half performance on Sunday. I thought he was excellent when he came on. It’s not a dig at Doig, but I think younger players shouldn’t be played every game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Any pubs showing this?
    Try the Hibs club

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Try the Hibs club
    Cheers, AFAIK it's members only just now.