hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fingers crossed it’s not been a game involving Hibs but the police would not have arrested him had they not had some strong evidence of wrong doing and were confident of a conviction.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Incredible comments tbh, so many assumptions
    Agree. He came along to a training session at our daughter’s youth football team last summer, he couldn’t have been nicer. Stayed for ages talking to the kids and posing for dozens of photos.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    It stopped the game, got him a booking and provoked that utter twat McGregor to try and give him a kick, leading to the Hun being sent off. Win-win. The stamp on Clare in the derby on the other hand, dumb as ****.
    Why is stopping the game good? We were 1-0 down, chasing an equaliser in the 90th minute, why hand the Huns the perfect opportunity to time waste in the final moments of the game. We ended up getting beat, not exactly win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Fingers crossed it’s not been a game involving Hibs but the police would not have arrested him had they not had some strong evidence of wrong doing and were confident of a conviction.
    Doesn't mean he is guilty of anything though. That's why we have trials in this country to ascertain whether a party is guilty or not.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    People should not be named before they are charged

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    Like a lot of us from schemes of Edinburgh get up to no good make mistakes just unfortunately being a footballer you get it tighter if you do wrong
    A lot of us from the schemes of Edinburgh made sure we didn't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    He kind of had that look about him that suggested he could be a bit of a wrong`un.
    What the actual ****?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Have they charged him?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    A player may pull an opponents shirt knowing the ref might not see it or be lenient towards. Making such a deliberate attempt to play the ball while the keeper is in the act of releasing the ball is blatant foul play which the referee would have no option but to stop the play and possibly card the attacker. Anyone who plays the game at any level all over the world every weekend knows that doing so nowadays will lead to a foul being awarded against them.

The reason match fixing would not typically happen in big games is because the perpetrators would as you suggest be more likely to be caught - well McNulty has seemingly been caught.
    Was Makalamby not a victim of this up at Aberdeen and the Dons player sneaked the ball and scored, always thought that was a foul as well and our keeper was hammered for it by Hibs fans, Riordan sneaked the ball off Gordon at the megadome and ref gave a foul, can't remember if Riordan got booked.

Would say 9 times out 10 the ref will give foul but if you look to make contact you will get a yellow for it, stupid thing to do so late in a game.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Have they charged him?
    He was arrested by Scottish police and the other person is based in Scotland. Could still be for games in England but he has nit played many games down there recently. Does seem likely to have involved his time at Hibs. We will have to wait and see. No charges yet but the police look to be gathering evidence to do that.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Was Makalamby not a victim of this up at Aberdeen and the Dons player sneaked the ball and scored, always thought that was a foul as well and our keeper was hammered for it by Hibs fans, Riordan sneaked the ball off Gordon at the megadome and ref gave a foul, can't remember if Riordan got booked.

Would say 9 times out 10 the ref will give foul but if you look to make contact you will get a yellow for it, stupid thing to do so late in a game.
    My memory of that was that Maka made an arse of it. I don’t even think the Aberdeen player moved to the ball, he was close, but Makalamby booted the ball right at him.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    He was arrested by Scottish police and the other person is based in Scotland. Could still be for games in England but he has nit played many games down there recently. Does seem likely to have involved his time at Hibs. We will have to wait and see. No charges yet but the police look to be gathering evidence to do that.
    The other person was arrested for a suspicious bet on the Rangers game in May 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    My memory of that was that Maka made an arse of it. I don’t even think the Aberdeen player moved to the ball, he was close, but Makalamby booted the ball right at him.
    This is correct, that incident is 3.30 mins into this video. https://youtu.be/svW55rzzuPM

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I've got my doubts about this guy as well

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    That's Joe Warner, isn't it?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    He kind of had that look about him that suggested he could be a bit of a wrong`un.

if you had mentioned this back then all this might have been prevented

:(

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    another two years left on his reading contract i wonder IF found guilty reading would have grounds to get shot of a player that most likely is costing them a fair amount of £££'s

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Whatever happened to innocent until proving guilty . As the link is for that horrible rancid paper . I won’t open it but plenty folk jumping on the band wagon of hating a decent loan player we had .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    another two years left on his reading contract i wonder IF found guilty reading would have grounds to get shot of a player that most likely is costing them a fair amount of £££'s
    I can't imagine there is any way that match fixing is anything other than gross misconduct. Dismissal without notice.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The other person was arrested for a suspicious bet on the Rangers game in May 2019.
    What's your source? Don't see it mentioned in any of the news reports.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Have they charged him?
    From the current bun
    SCOTLAND striker Marc McNulty was arrested by cops probing allegations of match fixing in football.
    “Two men, aged 21 and 28, have been arrested and released pending further inquiries.”

Looks like the usual rubbish journalism from the red tops.
    Police in Scotland don't arrest and then release pending further enquiries. English numpty paper.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    From the current bun
    SCOTLAND striker Marc McNulty was arrested by cops probing allegations of match fixing in football.
    “Two men, aged 21 and 28, have been arrested and released pending further inquiries.”

Looks like the usual rubbish journalism from the red tops.
    Police in Scotland don't arrest and then release pending further enquiries. English numpty paper.
    Erm, yes they do. It suggests interviewed, released without charge however enquiry continues.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    This is far more widespread than you may think.

There was a mafia figure interviewed on Talksport a few years ago. He said they'll let players build up debts until they know they won't be able to pay it back then they've got them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Erm, yes they do. It suggests interviewed, released without charge however enquiry continues.
    No they don't. They detain and after 6 hours either arrest and charge or release as grounds for detention no longer exist. They may arrest at a later date if they subsequently gather sufficient evidence.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 27-09-2020 at 05:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    No they don't. They detain and after 6 hours either arrest and charge or release as grounds for detention no longer exist.
    Pre-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Pre-2016
    I bow to your up to date knowledge and apologise for speaking ceek.
    That is a massive and fundamental change.
    Marc is lucky I wasn't representing him!
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 27-09-2020 at 05:37 PM.

No they don't. They detain and after 6 hours either arrest and charge or release as grounds for detention no longer exist. They may arrest at a later date if they subsequently gather sufficient evidence.
    Bit off topic but I think you can be detained longer than six hours now, but maybe that's just for terrorism?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I just looked at my passport pic. I'm off to my local police station to turn myself in now!!😁

I believe you can be arrested initially on suspicion, detained for questioning, then charged if they believe they have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I believe you can be arrested initially on suspicion, detained for questioning, then charged if they believe they have you?
    All changed in 2016, apparently something to do with Hibs and the Scottish Cup. It's all very English looking now. Thanks Paul 1642 for bringing me up to speed.

Changes to arrest and custody procedures in 2016 included

• a single statutory power of arrest without warrant where there is reasonable grounds for suspecting someone has committed an offence - replacing the previous separate concepts of arrest and detention
    • enabling police to release a suspect for further investigation with conditions (for up to 28 days) with the power to re-arrest
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 27-09-2020 at 05:38 PM.

The game vs Rangers in May 2019 :-

https://www.skysports.com/football/rangers-vs-hibernian/406776

McGregor got a straight red card for kicking Marc McNulty on his back immediately after clearing the ball out of his hands in the 89th minute.
    Referee Bobby Madden booked McNulty and awarded Rangers a free-kick as the Hibs striker maintained his innocence.